As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I wonder how many people will want the Twitch pin...

Spiffy McBangSpiffy McBang Registered User regular
...because it looks like Fox Mulder.

• SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    if I get it given to me bonus. I'm not going to kill my friends to be one of the first 50 in line

• SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I will trade for it - but I wouldn't go out of my way for it. By the way - who is it?

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Some jerk in charge of operations over at Jerkville I guess.

Wow we really don't like them, do we?

• BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    Some jerk in charge of operations over at Jerkville I guess.

Wow we really don't like them, do we?

They did not have a good first impression. And I have read that the reason why first impressions are so important is because it takes on average 23 new meetings to change the initial first impression.

TLDR; They were kind of jerks and seem to not have changed that...

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Well hey, they have 23 PAXen after this one to change our minds!

• chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Is it poor form to melt down a Twitch pin and cast my own Don't Starve Willow to match my Wilson?

• PrunciblePruncible Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Senno wrote: »
    I will trade for it - but I wouldn't go out of my way for it. By the way - who is it?

Most people who will want the pin don't know *who* it is, but rather know what it means.

If you type "Kappa" in any Twitch chat, it gets replaced with the image on the pin. It's used as a shorthand for "That comment was sarcastic."

It's like a winky smiley face for jerks.

Pruncible on
  • SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I rarely use Twitch, usually only to watch some old stuff, never new stuff, and I usually dont watch livestreams. Even with that explanation though - that pin is ugly and I dont really care for it. The fact that it's hard to obtain makes me less likely to want it.

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Allow me a demonstration of how to properly use the Kappa:

That pin looks awesome and I totally want to spend all of my time doing Twitch activities just to get it. KAPPA

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Anyone who uses Twitch will recognize the Kappa face, honestly just as iconic as the Twitch logo itself at this point. That said, not going to brave that line to get it.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    i feel like they've intentionally made the shittiest pin and making it ridiculously hard to get as they KNOW hardcore collectors are going to do anything for it, even if its bad.

We're being trolled, you guys

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    i feel like they've intentionally made the shittiest pin and making it ridiculously hard to get as they KNOW hardcore collectors are going to do anything for it, even if its bad.

We're being trolled, you guys

Doesn't being trolled only work if we give them attention? Ie. actually trying to get it?

Im talking about us few, obviously insane, 100% complete collectors. We know the pin sucks, yet would do nearly anything for it...

its an incredibly boring design of a guy only twitch users (granted theres alot of them) would know about. Even castle guy is better than this one! And on that note, fishfishmonkeyhat hasn't even made a funny gif of it yet, its so bad it doesnt deserve one!

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    edited August 2015
    Well hopefully they don't do the whole bs tell people to sell it on Ebay and that might make it easier to trade with people who don't care about it.

Also my collector's personality usually drives that very insanity you speak of, but somehow I still have no interest in this pin...I think it is curing me of the completist in me...not sure if good or bad yet...

BrushwoodMutt on
    there's going to be that one pin that breaks the 100% streak and ill stop caring about a full collection. KAPPA is not that pin... But who am i kidding, im not even going to prime, my 2 awesome group members, verybluetardis and cabbie98 will be and are as insane as me!

8fuuo_RK.png
  • JKwonJKwon Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    how early should we line up you think?

PAX Prime 2010 [x]
    PAX Prime 2011 [x]
    PAX Prime 2012 [x]
    PAX Prime 2013 [x]
    PAX Prime 2014 [x]
    PAX Prime 2015 [x]

https://pinnypals.com/pals/5Panel
  • LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    I have this awful feeling that I'll line up 2 hours early and Twitch will still find some way to fuck it up and not give me a pin.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'll be working merch during this, so I have no idea how I'll get one of these X_X

• SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    Lazorz wrote: »
    I have this awful feeling that I'll line up 2 hours early and Twitch will still find some way to fuck it up and not give me a pin.

I'm nodding.

• arcticsongarcticsong Registered User regular
    Is it poor form to melt down a Twitch pin and cast my own Don't Starve Willow to match my Wilson?

That would be brilliant! And then please make more to share :)

• gacbmmmlgacbmmml Registered User regular
    I really don't care for whoever that dude's face is in my collection... so I'll be passing.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    As I have basically no chance to get this one, I'll be happy to trade someone for theirs!

• gacbmmmlgacbmmml Registered User regular
    I'm sure it'll be up on eBay for $30 on Day 2 of the show just like the Twitch logo pins were last year.