As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Requisite Badge Anticipation Thread

• Options
    skitch78skitch78 Registered User regular
    Nfan10039 wrote: »
    Mine should be arriving on Friday! Can't wait to get my bobcats(not sure why they are called that, but since everyone else is calling them that, I'll just go with the flow)

https://xkcd.com/325/

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    There has been some mention over the confusion of referencing badges as 'bobcats' as it's some kind of code. It isn't. Years ago there was a massive problem of counterfeiting badges and in response to this pictures of badges were banned on the forums, which led to the forum community deciding to replace them with pictures of bobcats. Much discussion was had on the practicalities of replacing plastic badges with feral bobcats, but that hasn't diminished its use as a reference point. So when a forum member makes mention of receiving bobcats and how they are needing to care for them before PAX starts, it's because they are shoring up the myth that PA send out bobcats instead of badges as the former is much harder to duplicate and also a little harder to carry around.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    Another day, another day without badges :(

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    To be extra clear though, that rule of banning pictures is no longer in effect.

• Options
    Kaollasu78Kaollasu78 Portland, OrRegistered User regular
    My bobcats are being fed and cared for at Will Call. I actually miss the constant mail checking. I've got plenty of treats waiting for them in my backpack!

919eoupaoo36.png
  • Options
    lars98408lars98408 Registered User new member
    I received my initial batch of badges but haven't received any of the ones from the second group. It shows that they shipped on showclix. Should I just keep waiting or is there somewhere to call?

• Options
    lars98408 wrote: »
    I received my initial batch of badges but haven't received any of the ones from the second group. It shows that they shipped on showclix. Should I just keep waiting or is there somewhere to call?
    They will likely come in a separate shipment. If you don't get them 1 week before PAX, email pax_questions@paxsite.com

• Options
    couchapotamuscouchapotamus Registered User regular
    Got mine in Calgary, Alberta today. Technically they came in last friday but DHL was... a huge pain. Very excited, less than 20 days and we start the long drive south.

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SpeedRacer20SpeedRacer20 Registered User regular
    Myself and my friends all received our badges in the mail late last week however none of us received any type of email beforehand alerting us they had shipped, they just showed up in the mailbox. So those who have not received an email, don't worry, your badges are probably arriving any day now.

• Options
    rachaelmikarachaelmika Registered User regular
    I got my BYOC but not my pax prime badges yet. t.t

• Options
    EnglishseigeEnglishseige Registered User regular
    Me and my roommate moved right after the deadline for changing addresses hit. We were unable to get our Bobcats shipped to the new address. We set up our forwarding address and have been getting all of our forwarded mail (with the yellow sticker on it), But our Bobcats were still delivered to our Old address. We did get our bobcats cause the apartment called to let us know they were delivered to the new tenants.

• Options
    TabbyKatTabbyKat Registered User regular
    Our group received ours Wednesday. My friend who purchased them was also part of the group that could only initially order two sets and then was later able to purchase the other two sets by phone. All four sets came together. I got bobcats, challenge coins, exploding kittens and cosplay wigs all in one week. Best week ever.

• Options
    angelicstubbornessangelicstubborness Registered User regular
    THEYRE HERE!!!!!!!! Cue fifteen minutes of silent joy and dancing here. :D

• Options
    BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    BOBCATS CAME THIS WEEKEND!!!! AHHHHHHHHH! BOBCATS ARRIVED!!!!!! :D 8-) :o

Bluemeane on
    jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • Options
    Me and my roommate moved right after the deadline for changing addresses hit. We were unable to get our Bobcats shipped to the new address. We set up our forwarding address and have been getting all of our forwarded mail (with the yellow sticker on it), But our Bobcats were still delivered to our Old address. We did get our bobcats cause the apartment called to let us know they were delivered to the new tenants.

Glad the new tenants were nice enough to not take them.

• Options
    Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    Received my passes! Super excited!

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • Options
    Forestmaiden71Forestmaiden71 Registered User new member
    Should I worry at this point? I have several friends who have theirs already...

• Options
    jamsyarbotsjamsyarbots Wilmington, DERegistered User regular
    Email pax_questions@paxsite.com
    They'd be the ones to help get you sorted.

• Options
    jamsyarbotsjamsyarbots Wilmington, DERegistered User regular
    Just as a heads up: If you're still waiting to receive your badges, don't panic. Yours may not have been sent yet. If you are full on freaking out then you may want to reach out to pax_questions@paxsite.com with any badge related questions you may have.

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    The badges go out in waves, so people will be receiving them right up until the week prior to PAX. Don't panic until maybe the Friday one week before PAX, and if at that point you haven't received badges you are supposed to receive from PAX directly, email pax_questions@paxsite.com.

• Options
    DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    "What is it Lieutenant Sebastian?"
    "It's just the Bobcats, sir... they're here."
    "My God, man! Do they want tea?"
    "No, I think they're after something a bit more than that, sir. I don't know what it is, but they've brought a flag."
    "Damn, that's dash cunning of them."

Plenty of snacks and water on hand. I should probably cut some air holes in their box, though.

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Options
    forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    DashD wrote: »
    "What is it Lieutenant Sebastian?"
    "It's just the Bobcats, sir... they're here."
    "My God, man! Do they want tea?"
    "No, I think they're after something a bit more than that, sir. I don't know what it is, but they've brought a flag."
    "Damn, that's dash cunning of them."

Plenty of snacks and water on hand. I should probably cut some air holes in their box, though.

Gods, I love Eddie Izzard.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Starting to panic...

All badges accounted for.

Clix on
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »
    Starting to panic...

Don't (how's that for impossible advice). I had a year where the bobcats never showed. I contacted them beforehand, they replaced the badges no problem, I just picked them up at the show.

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    More badges are up for sale if any one is still looking!

• Options
    captian54captian54 Vidographer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It never fails that as soon as I lay down to nap something wakes me up. Went to get a few hours of rest before work and a fried jolts me out of bed with "Pax tickets are on sale again!" Got the wife on the computer to get badges and ran out the door to get money in the bank account. Got us some Sunday and Monday Passes. Still looking for the rest of the days, but its a start.

R3z3wlJ.png
    ZOHC4v.png
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    4 hours later and Mondays are still going strong.

FYI, original sale lasted about an hour. First resale lasted about 3.5 hours.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    SpiritfireSpiritfire Brookfield, WIRegistered User regular
    Last night I was joking with my (no-gaming) wife that I was going to buy Friday tickets off the street to spend my last day in Seattle with my fellow PAXers. She rolled her eyes. Today I was leaving a meeting at work when my phone buzzed with the Twitter alert. Put myself into the queue because I must really, really like waiting in lines. My luck with PAX tickets have been insanely positive and this time was no different. Looks like I get to introduce my wife to the insanity of PAX 2015.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Monday tickets finally sold out. Not sure of the exact time, but had to be at least 30 hours.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    Monday tickets finally sold out. Not sure of the exact time, but had to be at least 30 hours.
    You wish. As of 10:36 PST 8/21/2015, Monday's are on sale again.

<edit to add>
    ...and they sold out between 10:39 and 10:43 AM.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    YoungFrey wrote: »

<edit to add>

11:04, there is one available. These things just won't die.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    YoungFrey wrote: »

<edit to add>

11:04, there is one available. These things just won't die.

I assume they are doing a constant groom of purchases to flag the suspect ones. So we are on this endlessly decaying asymptotic.

• Options
    Actually I think it's potentially refunds from Speakers or other folks that ended up with a badge through some other official means.

• Options
    SteamIsCoolSteamIsCool Registered User new member
    What color are the four badges and are there any special indications on them to prove they are not forged?

• Options
    I just got mine from stub hub and the gamepad graphic looks fine but I can feel it while the other badges it's smooth. Help?

• Options
    I just got mine from stub hub and the gamepad graphic looks fine but I can feel it while the other badges it's smooth. Help?
    The only way to 100% be certain is to have an enforcer check it outside pax. I am picking my badges up at pax, so am unfortunately unable to give you more information on what mine might look like.

• Options
    They look legitametly like the others, the stickers in the right place and its embedded like the others. Hopefully i'm worried over nothing xD

• Options
    rachaelmikarachaelmika Registered User regular
    I still haven't received my badges. T.T I've sent them an e-mail so hopefully I hear back soon

• Options
    One day before pax? D: