As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] DEATHRATTLE: POST IN NEW THREAD!

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I really like Enter the Colosseum. The art, the effect, all very cool. I have no idea if it's viable but I'm going to try it.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

So wait, we still have no friggin' date, right?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    So wait, we still have no friggin' date, right?

Yeah, we can't get a single person to go out with us. :(

Probably because we're spending too much time playing Hearthstone.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Unfortunately there isn't an appropriate reaction button for that.

edit: except "agree", apparently.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular

What kind of deck runs Varian, Magma Rager, Brave Archer, and Faerie Dragon?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Got tired of losing, switched back to double combo druid (my spin with pyromancers), already back up to rank 13.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I have 1800 gold, some amazon coins left from buying the TGT packs, and 2000+ dust

I cannot wait for this damn thing to drop

I'm away for the next two tuesdays but I'll have a laptop like a good fanboy, ready to open some packs.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I have 1800 gold, some amazon coins left from buying the TGT packs, and 2000+ dust

I cannot wait for this damn thing to drop

I'm away for the next two tuesdays but I'll have a laptop like a good fanboy, ready to open some packs.

Same here. Roughly 1600g with two more 60g dailies yet and 3600 dust in top of the 50 pack preorder. Soooo ready.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I'm still probably not getting the 50 pack, but I will have enough gold for ~20 packs when it drops. Low on dust, though. But I do have a Mukla to dust.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Someone on the Hearthstone reddit made a big long post about Varian and why wasting Battlecries probably isn't as bad as it seems: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3h4lo6/regarding_varian_wrynn_and_battlecries_and_fel/

Long read, but what I got from it is pretty much that Varian is still going to put 3 minions into play and that's absolutely worth it, even if you lose Battlecries. Your opponent is going to have a lot of trouble dealing with two 7/7s, an 8/8, and a 5/5, for example. It's also similar logic to Fel Reaver, in that yeah sure you're discarding cards. But those discards don't matter unless Fatigue happens. Otherwise it's an 8/8 for 5 mana. Same thing with Varian, losing those Battlecries does not matter unless you hit Fatigue (and thus would've been able to prevent a loss from one of those lost Battlecries). But otherwise, he's a 7/7 for 10 mana that can potentially put three other minions into play.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Someone on the Hearthstone reddit made a big long post about Varian and why wasting Battlecries probably isn't as bad as it seems: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3h4lo6/regarding_varian_wrynn_and_battlecries_and_fel/

Long read, but what I got from it is pretty much that Varian is still going to put 3 minions into play and that's absolutely worth it, even if you lose Battlecries. Your opponent is going to have a lot of trouble dealing with two 7/7s, an 8/8, and a 5/5, for example. It's also similar logic to Fel Reaver, in that yeah sure you're discarding cards. But those discards don't matter unless Fatigue happens. Otherwise it's an 8/8 for 5 mana. Same thing with Varian, losing those Battlecries does not matter unless you hit Fatigue (and thus would've been able to prevent a loss from one of those lost Battlecries). But otherwise, he's a 7/7 for 10 mana that can potentially put three other minions into play.

They're partially right, but they miss a key point which is that now your opponent knows what they don't have to play around anymore. Alex battlecry? Nope! BGH battlecry? Nope! Sure, losing the effects doesn't super matter, but giving that information away isn't totally trivial.

• Options
    I think Ysera is the better late game bomb. She's harder to remove, doesn't contribute to fatigue, doesn't lose you value on the cards you draw, doesn't expose you to board wipes, will give more overall value if she isn't removed, and she has dragon synergy. Varian may push some tempo, but tempo isn't as much of a thing once you're already at turn 10.

• Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    Jutranjo wrote: »
    I got a golden mukkla from a spectate daily, is that inspire: random spell legendary still the best card to craft for midrange decks?

You know the internet: Pics or it didn't happen.

I didn't take a picture of the pack itself, it also had an epic in it but I forgot which.

goUwMiI.jpg

I'm 100% dusting this, I have a boom but no Sylvanas so unless something shows itself to be the Dr. Boom of TGT in 2-3 weeks it's classic legendary time.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I got a golden mukkla from a spectate daily, is that inspire: random spell legendary still the best card to craft for midrange decks?

I didn't take a picture of the pack itself, it also had an epic in it but I forgot which.

I'm 100% dusting this, I have a boom but no Sylvanas so unless something shows itself to be the Dr. Boom of TGT in 2-3 weeks it's classic legendary time.

The only thing that seems as meta warping as Boom is Varian, but it would be a safe bet to see how things shake out since everyone wrote off Boom early on in GvG.

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I think Ysera is the better late game bomb. She's harder to remove, doesn't contribute to fatigue, doesn't lose you value on the cards you draw, doesn't expose you to board wipes, will give more overall value if she isn't removed, and she has dragon synergy. Varian may push some tempo, but tempo isn't as much of a thing once you're already at turn 10.

Why not both?

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »

The only thing that seems as meta warping as Boom is Varian, but it would be a safe bet to see how things shake out since everyone wrote off Boom early on in GvG.

Varian is warrior only and also kinda requires a deck with other expensive cards (both in mana and in dust) so I don't think he's a crafting priority for someone still missing essential neutral legendaries.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Yilias wrote: »

Why not both?
    I would say the entire point of Varian is to try to get Ysera out for free, I also find it strange Yileas would be comparing either or.

Coinage on
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Yeah I think you just gotta accept that Varian is gonna screw you over sometimes vs Priests and hard control warriors. Still the raddest.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    literally even dropping both your taskmasters off varian is still technically a good play, if not the optimal one

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    If you pull them out as vanilla 2/2s then you've lost out on Execute and Grom activators which limits your lines of play in the future.

And I'm comparing him to Ysera because they are both win conditions in control vs control.

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Something weird is going on. I often accept friend requests after games because the rage amuses me, but lately the people friending me have been really nice, mostly either looking to do their watch and learn daily or wanting details about the deck (still playing a modified Day9 shadow priest).

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    It's going to be Day 1 Dragon Warrior for me. The change is not that big:

-2 Shieldmastas, +2 Twilight Guardians.
    -2 Belchers, +2 Blackwing Corruptors.

And then fudge with the legendaries until I have Chillmaw on 7, Chrommagus on 8 and Ysera, Alexstrasza and Nefarian for 9. My only doubt is whether to craft Chillmaw if I don't get it because I'm drooling for Varian.

• Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular

Eh... you can't apply fel reaver (or tracking for that matter) logic to control warrior. Aggro decks running the former are loaded with attack threats and don't care about burning cards. CW is predominantly a reactive/defensive deck that needs proper timing on a few powerful cards to have enough reach to win vs control. If varian pulls and drops alex/grom/boom, and your opponent prepared brawl/shadowflame/equality/lightbomb, you're probably done. And varian being a 10 mana card, he'll only see play vs control.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Trying to figure out a Shadowpriest deck that utilises Trueheart, it's not quite gelling. It's got that same problem priest has always had of not having any great plays until Turn 3/4 (Shadowfiend really wants PW:S so you get a little value out of it).

Dragonpriest might be better, Wyrmrest hero and Twilight Guardian are cool and Confuse could be the finisher.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    It's going to be Day 1 Dragon Warrior for me. The change is not that big:

-2 Shieldmastas, +2 Twilight Guardians.
    -2 Belchers, +2 Blackwing Corruptors.

And then fudge with the legendaries until I have Chillmaw on 7, Chrommagus on 8 and Ysera, Alexstrasza and Nefarian for 9. My only doubt is whether to craft Chillmaw if I don't get it because I'm drooling for Varian.

Good. I think I see enough reason to play a Shaman dragon. Let's see who will emerge victorious!

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Can't wait for Frostnaros, who is just Ragnaros but his attack is 6

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular

I would wait and think really hard about that if I were you. Other experiences may vary, but personally Sylvanas has been one of my most disappointing crafts.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »

I would wait and think really hard about that if I were you. Other experiences may vary, but personally Sylvanas has been one of my most disappointing crafts.

What decks are you running her in? She's the absolute queen of midrange and control decks.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Tempo druid is still pretty fun in the Summoner brawl:
    xt0T41Ol.png

Priests and mages may have the biggest spells, but what if they get eaten by bears/drowned in treants before they can cast them?

jakobagger on
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

They're partially right, but they miss a key point which is that now your opponent knows what they don't have to play around anymore. Alex battlecry? Nope! BGH battlecry? Nope! Sure, losing the effects doesn't super matter, but giving that information away isn't totally trivial.

But mostly meaningless in the face of a board that's killing them in 1 to 2 turns.

The exchange looks like this:

"Aha! I know you don't have Alex anymore!"

"Aha, you're dead :)"

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Needed to do Mage dailies today so I hit up Casual Mode with good ol' Tempo Mage. Ran into someone playing Dragon Mage, I think. It was pretty interesting but I was able to rush him down. Gave a standard "Well Played" when the game ended, and afterward I noticed a pop up in the lower left.

"A recent opponent would like to be your friend"

Bliss 101 wrote: »
    Something weird is going on. I often accept friend requests after games because the rage amuses me, but lately the people friending me have been really nice, mostly either looking to do their watch and learn daily or wanting details about the deck (still playing a modified Day9 shadow priest).
    And so I recalled this quote from the thread and thought, hey why not, maybe he wants to jam with me.

dLudBWC.png
    Oh! Or... not. He also called me a "netdecking scum" in much more colorful words but I removed him after that.

Dude it's CASUAL MODE WHO CARES. Some people, I swear.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    DOC! Have i gone back to 1955 again?

I just got beat by a mage that played no minions at all. I was playing mid hunter, and got him down to 1 and he was just fireballing me to the face, frostbolt etc, ignoring my minions completely. he pyroblasted me at turn 10. I havent seen that happen since vanilla...

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Even if farm animals can vomit cards, I still think they'd have trouble with a mouse.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I had a gold Iron Juggernaut that looked absolutely baller, but that I dusted for Gallywix. Ugh. I have a normal Iron Juggernaught naw, but still.

Dont dust Legenderies.

I dusted maybe 2 golden legendaries. i regret them both. Even with them being a gold nat pagel after the nerf, and a gold hogger. Sure i would never use em anymore but their will always be that gap in my collection list unless i get lucky on an arena play.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

Sylvanas is the bees' knees in control decks.

She ALWAYS forces some kind of unfavourable trade or hard silence.

Then Emp. T has the field, and the rest of the fatties after that.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    What a difference having some cards make. In a matter of 2 days I've burned all the way through to Heroic Chromaggus. Almost beat him just now but he board cleared my lightwells. It took me -months- to clear Naxx if you guys recall. Only had to buy 2 packs for making dust out of the whole thing this time.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I guess that guy's grammar and spelling are decent at least, which is unusual for people raging incoherently and petulantly on the internet.

• Options
    jakobagger wrote: »
    I guess that guy's grammar and spelling are decent at least, which is unusual for people raging incoherently and petulantly on the internet.

"until you were completely hated the game"

Dunno, I kinda beg to differ. :rotate:

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    jakobagger wrote: »

"until you were completely hated the game"

Dunno, I kinda beg to differ. :rotate:

There's a reason I didn't say perfect.

Decent compared to the average internet rage.