As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Peephole

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Peephole

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    LittlestarsLittlestars Registered User regular
    This reminds me of those quasi-interrogations parents sometimes have with their children, asking questions that have already been answered with irrefutable evidence.

I always knew Gabe would do something like this, I just figured it would happen with something related to Spider-Man. Oh well, at least I didn't put money on it. This time.

• Options
    PeriSoftPeriSoft Registered User regular
    I didn't see it. Should I see it?

• Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Both Gabe and Tycho's faces in that final panel are perfect. I was laughing before I even read the punchline.

Then I read the punchline and started a whole second wind of laughter.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Link?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    bluelink-1.jpg

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Link?
    I assume they mean this one.

• Options
    LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Link?

Yes? What do you need?

• Options
    LieutenantDanLieutenantDan Registered User regular
    Tycho's right pupil makes the entire last panel awesome

• Options
    metroidkillahmetroidkillah Local Bunman Free Country, USARegistered User regular
    @YoungFrey: That's a pretty sweet-and-also-old looking Luke Skywalker. But it's weird to see such a setpiece. Kinda ruins the magic.

I'm not a nice guy, I just play one in real life.
  • Options
    @YoungFrey: That's a pretty sweet-and-also-old looking Luke Skywalker. But it's weird to see such a setpiece. Kinda ruins the magic.

The thing is, to me he doesn't look old at all. Not 18 like he was in Star Wars. But I've spent the last 38 years watching Luke Sykwalker turn into an actual old man. Any age the south side of 50 on Luke looks young to me.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    the best part about that picture is my natural beard color is very similar.. guess I need to hit the fabric store and make me a old Luke costume. hmmm wonder if he is still using the ROTJ Green saber.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Dang, dude got in shape.

EjQi0eS.png

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Yeah apparently the big three were all put through some pretty rigorous training

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    That's one thing I am envious about the celebrity types.. need to get in shape for a role, BAM personal trainer, dietitian, access to all sorts of gyms etc etc and of course the time to do it cause your day job is getting in shape for that role..

Or.. they just put you on the Cocaine Diet :D

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »
    That's one thing I am envious about the celebrity types.. need to get in shape for a role, BAM personal trainer, dietitian, access to all sorts of gyms etc etc and of course the time to do it cause your day job is getting in shape for that role..

Or.. they just put you on the Cocaine Diet :D
    For the money Disney put into this movie, they made it so Hafthór Júlíus Björnsson could slap the hamburgers out of Mark Hamils mouth.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Yeah apparently the big three were all put through some pretty rigorous training

It's impressive what a studio willing to pay a full time trainer and nutritionist, combined with a performance based contract with millions, can do.

By big three I assume you mean Luke, C3PO and R2-D2 have all been slimming down.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    LittlestarsLittlestars Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    By big three I assume you mean Luke, C3PO and R2-D2 have all been slimming down.
    C3PO recently underwent a gender reassignment upgrade, and now prefers the designation of Caitlyn3PO. R2 also went through a few changes and is now a recycled foods vending machine. So... maybe?
    In real news, or olds rather, I'm wondering how Han Solo is doing ever since he crashed the Millennium Falcon. I mean, he's also Indiana Jones and the President, so I'm sure he's fine.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    C3PO recently underwent a gender reassignment upgrade, and now prefers the designation of Caitlyn3PO.

I don't think this is a cool thing to make a joke of.

• Options
    Trogdor6135Trogdor6135 Registered User regular
    I'm about 90% certain this comic is completely true.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    C3PO recently underwent a gender reassignment upgrade, and now prefers the designation of Caitlyn3PO.

I don't think this is a cool thing to make a joke of.

I'm picturing a gold Sorayama "gynoid" now, basically.

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Gabe has apparently not encountered this situation very often.
    As a veteran of screen-fucking, just tell whoever is questioning the gaping hole that there are mosquitoes the exact size and shape of your penis and they are speedy motherfuckers that are attracted to your luminous computer screen and always kamikaze through it.
    I don't suspect anybody knows I'm lying yet, so keep this our little secret!

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Okay so two of the big three would be his left arm and his right arm, of course, since those are ripped... but I don't want to ask what the third is...

• Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    Spaceballs 2:Moichendising Boogaloo needs to be a thing. Bill Pullman could return as Lone Star, Chris Candy could be Barf, Jr and it could have Carrie Fisher doing Dot Matrix's voice. Daphne Zuniga would return only this time around she'd be playing both herself in the role of one of the producers of the film-within-a-film AND Vespa, Queen of the Dru's. The joke would be that you couldn't tell her characters apart.

Actually I should probably stop there because I'm not sure they'd get away with a proper Mel Brooks-style sequel.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Even a personal trainer and nutritionist aren't a shortcut to losing weight and getting in shape. They're not suddenly going to produce a magic pizza that burns calories, or find a way to make sitting on your arse into an intense workout. Like, the solution is the same, still a lot of work, only you've got someone shouting at you to do it.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    Even a personal trainer and nutritionist aren't a shortcut to losing weight and getting in shape. They're not suddenly going to produce a magic pizza that burns calories, or find a way to make sitting on your arse into an intense workout. Like, the solution is the same, still a lot of work, only you've got someone shouting at you to do it.

More importantly, the actors are being paid to get into shape.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »

More importantly, the actors are being paid to get into shape.

And nothing else. I could hire a personal trainer, but I still have to go to work. An actor getting in shape just has to wander over to the gym they have in their home. Also, somebody is probably cooking all of their food and doing their grocery shopping so they have fewer chances to backslide.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Okay so two of the big three would be his left arm and his right arm, of course, since those are ripped... but I don't want to ask what the third is...
    Let's just say that the comic is ESPECIALLY relevant, in terms of the kind of "strength training" you'd need. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    There is a history between Gabe's wang and TVs.
    217484294_qMdpj-1050x10000.jpg

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I love that arc.

Truly one of their finer works.

Oh brilliant