As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime 2015 Party Line

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Not sure if this counts but Nintendo just announced their "Nindies" event on Thursday. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/18/nintendo-hosting-indie-games-event-at-pax

IncreaseBlue on
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Not sure if this counts but Nintendo just announced their "Nindies" event on Thursday. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/18/nintendo-hosting-indie-games-event-at-pax

That looks like all types of fun.

• triodugtriodug Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Nfan10039 wrote: »
    I'll just have to start my own after party with black jack and hookers.[If you haven't watched Futurama, Bender Rodriguez uses the black jack and hookers part]. I'm serious about the after party, but not the black jack and hookers part fyi

I'm pretty bummed about not being able to go to many of the after parties so I've considered doing this as well. I live not even 10 minutes from the convention center and would love to hang out with some cool people and maybe even show them around Seattle.

• valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Hungry for Gamer food? Want some classy drinks with your fellow nerds? Well check out this year's PAX menu that I've negotiated specially with Tom Douglas' newest restaurant, the Carlisle Room! A special menu of themed food and drinks will be available only if you show your PAX badge. This place is terrific, and the drinks aren't just another goddamn screwdriver renamed "mana potion". This place is top notch. Stop By during PAX!!

wwq05uaueqcb.jpg

(full disclosure: posted here and in the food thread)

Is this through out the weekend or on a specific night?

valdor on
    3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    There is a prerelease party for Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime & Fate Tectonics. Toy Temp Showcase: 8/27 7:30 PM
    It has a $15 entry fee.
    toy_temp_party_poster_web__1_.jpg

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    valdor wrote: »
    Hungry for Gamer food? Want some classy drinks with your fellow nerds? Well check out this year's PAX menu that I've negotiated specially with Tom Douglas' newest restaurant, the Carlisle Room! A special menu of themed food and drinks will be available only if you show your PAX badge. This place is terrific, and the drinks aren't just another goddamn screwdriver renamed "mana potion". This place is top notch. Stop By during PAX!!

wwq05uaueqcb.jpg

(full disclosure: posted here and in the food thread)

Is this through out the weekend or on a specific night?

Throughout the weekend.

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Sorry, wrong thread!

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    Is this event available to those without PAX badges? Being in the Sheraton later on makes me think it will require one, but I'm still unsure.

Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Zombicus wrote: »
    Is this event available to those without PAX badges? Being in the Sheraton later on makes me think it will require one, but I'm still unsure.
    It's not within PAX hours or on a PAX day, so I would expect it should not require a PAX badge.

Zombicus wrote: »

Piggybacking off Zerzhul, from Nintendo's official blog post they said "Fans attending PAX Prime or who live in the Seattle area are invited.." so I'd also wager badges are not necessary.

• TD&TRQTD&TRQ rockband night co-host in seattle Registered User regular
    ***late breaking RockBand After Party (#rbap2) news***

confirmed by the harmonix associate community manager that harmonix will host this show on their twitch channel! get to the party in time to play on stage and be seen by thousands of viewers! its gonna be a hoot!

• gaminginpublicgaminginpublic Registered User regular
    Just an update to the Nkidu and Friends party. There aren't five codes it's four codes officially announced right now! These are all Steam codes for the following games.

We are Legion
    Catlateral Damage
    Super Galaxy Squadron
    Mondrian- Abstraction in Beauty

There might be a fifth game but if there is we will announce it once we have it officially confirmed on our end.

• VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    nhzlc0hj55fv.jpg

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2015
    TD&TRQ wrote: »
    ***late breaking RockBand After Party (#rbap2) news***

confirmed by the harmonix associate community manager that harmonix will host this show on their twitch channel! get to the party in time to play on stage and be seen by thousands of viewers! its gonna be a hoot!

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/rock-band-4-at-pax-prime-2015/
    If you’re in town on Monday evening after the last day of PAX, Harmonix will also be attending the Seattle Rock Band Group’s annual PAX Prime Rock Band After Party. This party is designed by the Rock Band community, FOR theRock Band community! There is no cover and no PAX requirements – if you’re over 21, you can attend. There will be a Battle of the Bands in honor ofRock Band 4’s release, as well as swag, prizes, and song contests! The group will be streaming from the Seattle Rock Band Twitch Channel, or you can watch all of the excitement from our ownHarmonix Twitch Channel! Whether you’re in Seattle for the show or rocking out from home, don’t miss out on this awesome event!

Huzzah!

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    nhzlc0hj55fv.jpg

Tickets? Or are we lining up for this one?

• VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    nhzlc0hj55fv.jpg

Tickets? Or are we lining up for this one?

Based on their most recent parties (Prime 14 and South) probably waiting in line. But don't quote me on that, I don't work for them :)

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • jdavjdav Registered User new member
    MMO Reporter is also having their meet up again on Thursday night. 7-9PM at the Rock Bottom. Details here: http://mmoreporter.com/pax/

• jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    More info on the Giant Bomb event on Thursday, now with Harmonix/Rock Band! Unfortunately, it appears that the Premium exclusive pre-party is already wait-listed.

https://www.facebook.com/events/815525681900149/
    TL;DR:

*Come see the staff do something stupid before PAX officially kicks off!
    *Event space is 21+, so bring I.D.
    *RSVPs here are not required! This is more of a save-the-date thing for your convenience. Note also that an RSVP DOES NOT GUARANTEE ENTRY. If we fill up, we fill up!
    *There'll be free food and drinks for everyone who attends.
    *The Giant Bomb staff will be talking roughly until 10:30, after which Harmonix will be showing up to show off some of their new Rock Band game! We'll be in the venue until at least 1 AM, so get some sleep the night before!

Hey, we’re having a party the night before PAX starts, and everyone’s invited! Join us in Seattle for a night of food, fun, drinks, and entertaining shenanigans. And best of all: it’s free!

Last year we had a small get-together at PAX, but we felt bad that not everyone could get in, so this year we decided to up the ante a bit and rent a much larger spot at The Parlor Live, an event space in downtown Seattle. There’s room for a few hundred of people to join us as we do something...something wonderful.

Seriously, we don’t have all the details worked out yet, but we can guarantee you a goodly amount of time to ask the staff questions, shake a hand or two, get something signed, and have a drink or five. We’ll hand out drink tickets on the way in, there’ll be plenty of snacks around, and there’ll be plenty of merch if you’re in the mood to buy something (including some stuff you’ve never seen before!).

This is a 21+ venue, so bring an ID with you! Feel free to bring a guest, too: it’s free to come, and you don’t even need to be a Giant Bomb member. Heck, you don’t even need a PAX badge! Even if you’re not going to PAX at all, feel free to come by; the more the merrier.

(Note that we are having a smaller get-together before this show exclusively for Premium members. More details about that are over here: http://giantbombliveinperson.splashthat.com/ )

The show starts around 9, so swing on by around 8:45 to get inside and get a good seat. If you wind up getting to Seattle later that night, feel free to come by anyway! We’ll probably be hanging around until at least midnight, and you’ll be able to come in and have a drink until we shut the venue down.

If you can’t make it out to this show, keep an eye on our Facebook page for more details about other events that are going on this weekend, both in the Parlor and at PAX. Hope to see you there!

After the staff do their thing, we're going to be joined by Harmonix and Rock Band! Bring a few friends, form a band, and compete against other teams for a chance to win dumb stuff!

Here's a list of Indie MEGABOOTH games that will be set up for you to play during any downtime:

Barkley 2
    Gang Beasts
    Mini Metro
    Rising Thunder/Stonehearth
    Sometimes Always Monsters
    Through the Woods
    Viking Squad
    Tabletop - Paperback
    Captain Forever Remix
    Armello
    FutureGrind
    Distance
    La-Mulana 2
    BELOW
    Galak-Z
    Tabletop - Skiptrace
    Universe Sandbox ²
    Brigador

jukkakhan on
    PimDtoK.png
  • MizuRyuuMizuRyuu Registered User regular
    The Nkidu and Friends party seems to have some kind of relationship with Indie Need Booze, but I thought the Indie Need Booze party this year is the Party Hard Launch Party??

Thursday is shaping up to be pretty jammed packed, but Friday is looking very lackluster right now...

• MizuRyuuMizuRyuu Registered User regular
    Just found this: unPAXparty 2015 presented by GungHo, Indie MEGABOOTH and Unwinnable

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/unpaxparty-2015-presented-by-gungho-indie-megabooth-and-unwinnable-tickets-18201318634

I just cancelled (2) War Rigger tix for the Mad PAX Blurry Road pub crawl if anyone wanted to get in on that event.

• gaminginpublicgaminginpublic Registered User regular
    MizuRyuu wrote: »
    The Nkidu and Friends party seems to have some kind of relationship with Indie Need Booze, but I thought the Indie Need Booze party this year is the Party Hard Launch Party??

Thursday is shaping up to be pretty jammed packed, but Friday is looking very lackluster right now...

I am the one who is helping both companies run both parties. Think of Indies Need Booze as my event planning name for awesome events!

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Sunday 8/30
    The Vera Project

Seattle 8-bit Showcase 2015: USK ~ TREY FREY ~ FIGHTER X ~ KGHB ~ GLOOMS
    All ages
    Tickets $10
    Info page
    Facebook event page

NSw0gum.png
  • madnessofcrowdsmadnessofcrowds Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Another Friday party - Insert Coin at the Eagle Seattle (314 E Pike St) Friday 8/28 at 10pm. There will be a cover charge (not listed in the Facebook event, but this is a PAX edition of a regular party and it's usually $5-7). Tends to be an LGBT-friendly crowd.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1461646104162505/

r6or3rkkpybb.jpg

↓ · → · ↑ · ← · Y · B · X · A · *** INSERT COIN *** ↓ · → · ↑ · ← · Y · B · X · A

SUDDEN BONUS ROUND!!
    Unexpected extra Insert Coin PAX event!! Eeeeeeek!! The stars and videogame gods have aligned to bring a friday night extravaganza of nerds and nookie. With any luck.

Its MORTAL KOM-PAX!! (Wordplay. Go with it).

MINDLESS, CONGRESS-OFFENDING VIOLENCE!
    SICKENING FATALITIES!
    SEXY LITTLE NERDS GETTING OVER EXCITED!!!
    STARTING, MAINTAINING, AND FINISHING HIM LIKE A GENEROUS AND CONSCIENTIOUS LOVER!!

*** Hosted by Tyler Rush!!!
    The king of hot-cos-play and everyone's favourite butt!!

*** Music to wake the Elder Gods!!
    Adorable nerdling NARK will be pumping out the musics between fatalities, brutalities, and babe-alities, and resident KROT will be there to fill in the bonus rounds and XRAY your dance bones!!

*** MK EXLPOSION!!
    ALL the Mortal Kombats you can eat - even YOU, Mileena!! Retro/current/and everything in between!!

The Eagle Seattle - 10pm - 2am. 21+
    Co-presented by Nark Magazine and brought to you by Queer Geek! Seattle!!

↓ · → · ↑ · ← · *beep* *beep* *boop* *beep* *boop* FIGHT!" ↓ · → · ↑ · ←

madnessofcrowds on
  • MO_KaboomMO_Kaboom Registered User new member
    Hi! MO_Kaboom from Motiga here, and I wanted to pass along the details for our pre-PAX Gigantic party we'll be hosting.

When: Thursday, August 27th from 4:30 p.m. - 1 a.m.
    Where: Gameworks in Seattle (1511 7th Ave, Seattle, WA 98101)
    What: Join devs, community coaches, and other PAX attendees for food, drinks, games, and giveaways! We'll have Gigantic setup so players can get a taste of the game before the show.
    Age Restrictions: NO
    Tickets/Badge Needed: NO

Hope to see some of you there!

MO_Kaboom wrote: »
    Hi! MO_Kaboom from Motiga here, and I wanted to pass along the details for our pre-PAX Gigantic party we'll be hosting.

What: Join devs, community coaches, and other PAX attendees for food, drinks, games, and giveaways! We'll have Gigantic setup so players can get a taste of the game before the show.

LOVED meeting you guys at South so I am totally stoked for this!

• MO_KaboomMO_Kaboom Registered User new member
    MO_Kaboom wrote: »

LOVED meeting you guys at South so I am totally stoked for this!

Awesome, Blue! If you want to ever stop by the booth and say hi you'll find us at #3827 :)

• podunk the mightypodunk the mighty Game Designer TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Awesome, board gaming at the Sheraton Thursday! Been looking for tabletop Thursday night. Should have looked here first. XD

Rockband After Party sounds sweet too, looking forward to that. : D

podunk the mighty on
    On Their Merry Way Is On Kickstarter Today!
    I design games under the name New Experience Workshop.
    Website. Facebook. Twitter.
    Didn't know where else to post this - are there any other PAX Early birds in town yet? We just got in and would like to meet up for drinks/apps later. If anyone is around hit me up, we're at the Sheraton and could go some where local.

• f33rNapalmf33rNapalm Registered User regular
    Didn't know where else to post this - are there any other PAX Early birds in town yet? We just got in and would like to meet up for drinks/apps later. If anyone is around hit me up, we're at the Sheraton and could go some where local.

I'll be getting in Wednesday afternoon, might be down for meeting up somewhere for food & drinks.

• jumbotojumboto Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I'll be coming into Seattle Thursday afternoon. I'd be down for refreshments.

boTdSSK.png
  • monkoshmonkosh NYCRegistered User regular
    Hey all,
    This is probably the last update for at least the op. I am finally in Seattle and editing the posts are difficult on phones. You can still post parties that are announced later or found here.

iec5nehi4ot3.png
    jumboto wrote: »

On the fence for the MMT, but if I don't then I'm totally up for drinks!

• jumbotojumboto Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    jumboto wrote: »

On the fence for the MMT, but if I don't then I'm totally up for drinks!

I have some errands to run tomorrow (the reason I'll be in Seattle tomorrow, actually) which I'll probably be finished with by around 3 or 4.

boTdSSK.png
    edited August 2015
    Anyone else going to the unPAXparty tonight?

Oh, and any news on Bethesda?

ClannMorgan on
  • DScribeDScribe Registered User regular
    Apparently there's a Dreadnought party in the Hilton that they only gave people entry to if they played the game 3 times at their booth this weekend. FFS.

• f33rNapalmf33rNapalm Registered User regular
    I'll be hitting up Mikey Neumann's pizza and boardgame party at the Sheraton lobby tonight.

• LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The Rock Band After PAX Party is LIVE on twitch:

Watch online or come on down and play if you're here!

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • dagobotdagobot Registered User new member
    Hey there yall! Is there a Pax West 2016 Party thread yet?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Not that I know of.

Geth, close this thread.

This discussion has been closed.