As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Camp Weedonwantcha: Volume 1 Kickstarter! - Pinny Involved

124»

• Options
    KingPin1KingPin1 Hardcore Casual Pin Trader Seattle WA, USARegistered User regular
    This thread has been quiet for a little bit.

I would gladly pay someone half of their kickstarter pledge for their extra Darkplace pin!!!! Reach out if anyone has one that you are willing to trade or want $40 - $50 bucks for!

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    We have a trading thread for direct trading offers

• Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Katie has stated that if there are any leftover (and judging by the numbers, there may be a few) there would be some available at her booth at the next PAX, or to be used for competitions, etc. I've purchased an extra one with my pledge, and I'm sure others have as well. I will be making it available for trades, as I'm sure others will as well. So, wait until the next PAX, or when the pledges are delivered, and you will likely be able to get one then.

• Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Hey everybody!

I wanted to run something by you all and get your thoughts on the matter. We're gonna have our Darkplace Brian pins in time for PAX Prime (August 28 - 31). We were thinking that we'd make them available to our backers, so they could pick up their pin (or pins, if they opted for an extra) at our booth.

We will NOT be selling any pins. This is just an opportunity for our backers to pick up the pins they'd already pledged for.

Our concern is that this could lead to ill feelings on the part of those pin traders that aren't able to attend PAX Prime. Do you think this would be an issue? Maybe those hardcore traders who couldn't attend could work something out with a buddy who is gonna be there? I dunno.

Thanks! Hope to see you at PAX!

AdamRW on
  • Options
    thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    AdamRW wrote: »
    Hey everybody!

I wanted to run something by you all and get your thoughts on the matter. We're gonna have our Darkplace Brian pins in time for PAX Prime (August 28 - 31). We were thinking that we'd make them available to our backers, so they could pick up their pin (or pins, if they opted for an extra) at our booth.

We will NOT be selling any pins. This is just an opportunity for our backers to pick up the pins they'd already pledged for.

Our concern is that this could lead to ill feelings on the part of those pin traders that aren't able to attend PAX Prime. Do you think this would be an issue?

Thanks! Hope to see you at PAX!

I'm going to be at PAX, so I'm biased, but I think it would depend on how much longer it took to get it to everyone else. If it's like a month, I wouldn't care, but if it were six months, I'd be annoyed.

• Options
    BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    @AdamRW Not to be that guy but I would also be concerned with verifying that the person really did join the kickstarter and making sure no one tries to double dip so to speak of trying to get their order twice. Not that I think anyone in the community would, but human nature is questionable.

• Options
    @thx42 It'll probably be at least 3 months between PAX and when we start shipping everything to everyone else.

@BrushwoodMutt My plan was to require each person to tell me the email address associated with their Kickstarter account. I've got a big spreadsheet with that information, so I could verify their pledge that way.

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    My vote goes towards bringing them to Prime.

• Options
    grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    As a person not attending Prime, I vote take them to Prime. No big deal, whatever makes your life easier.

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • Options
    NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular
    grgemonkey wrote: »
    As a person not attending Prime, I vote take them to Prime. No big deal, whatever makes your life easier.

I say do it.

Those people at Prime get theirs earlier which means less you have to ship out in 3 months, which means those people who didn't attend Prime may get theirs a little quicker when 3 months rolls around...there being less to ship out an all.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Would you consider having people pick them up for us few not attending?

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    As I'm going to Prime, I'd be very happy to get the pin early!

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    AdamRW wrote: »
    @thx42 It'll probably be at least 3 months between PAX and when we start shipping everything to everyone else.

@BrushwoodMutt My plan was to require each person to tell me the email address associated with their Kickstarter account. I've got a big spreadsheet with that information, so I could verify their pledge that way.

You da real MVP

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Would you consider having people pick them up for us few not attending?

Yes, definitely. If you work it out with someone to pick up your pin(s), send me a message through Kickstarter with that person's name. (If you really wanna get cloak-and-dagger, tell me a code word that the person doing the pick-up will use.) Just so I've got it on record that you're consenting to someone else picking up your stuff.

We'll also have the tote bags available, so if you pledged at a tote bag level, you can pick that up as well!

AdamRW on
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Won't be at Prime and it doesn't bother me one bit. Brian's got a place on my lanyard when he's ready to come to town.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    won't be at Prime and am totally cool with people picking up theirs at Prime. as long as I get mine eventually I am perfectly happy.

• Options
    AjaxonAjaxon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Sounds great! I will see you there to grab a few pins and pick up a few pins :)

• Options
    FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    Adam, 2 things:

1) Thanks for doing this!! I'm super excited to get my pin at Prime!

2) If people who I am proxying for were backers, can I get their pins and include them in their shipments? Perhaps those people could PM you with authorization for me to pick up theirs?

Let me know :)

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Organised a proxy pickup with my pinpal, talked to adam through kickstarter messages, thanks for giving us the option!

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    If people who I am proxying for were backers, can I get their pins and include them in their shipments? Perhaps those people could PM you with authorization for me to pick up theirs?

Let me know :)

Yeah, for sure! Just tell them to send me a message through Kickstarter letting me know that Frostbyte will be picking up their pin(s).

Thanks!

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    4Ssm0RV.jpg

"Yes hallo! I am frostbit!"

• Options
    "Hey, Frostbyte. I'm digging the new look. Cool mustache! You wanna just take the whole box of pins and we can sort it out later?"

• Options
    vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hi everyone, Only recently discovered this wonderful strip. Is there an plan to reprint the trade paperback?

• Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It was stated that the run being produced would be enough to cover anyone who kickstarted, with any remainder (and there should be only a small amount), available at her booth at PAX. I would recommend sending Katie or Adam a tweet or an email for your interest.

• Options
    vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    thanks Senno