As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX and all things Nintendo

solomanisolomani Sydney, AURegistered User regular
Hi all,
Does anyone have any idea what Nintendo will be running, if anything, at this years show? Last year they didn't run anything, year before they had a bunch of Pokemon competitions. So curious what they will do this year, if anything. I rang Nintendo previously and the response is always the same - they don't seem to even know what PAX is so don't have anything planned.

My kids are interested in the TCG Pokemon game as well as any Super Smash Bros computations. I guess for the later they could just sit in the bean-bag area and get plenty of compilation :)

If anyone has any idea (or know who/what department in Nintendo AU I would need to talk to) please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

• MissMimagenMissMimagen Perth, AustraliaRegistered User new member
    They had a huge space on the floor last year. I don't know the exact games they were running but they had the new DS to try.

I would expect to see them there again this year based on the booth last year.

• SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    They have been at every PAX Aus so far and I see no reason why that would change this year. They always have a space for handheld gaming, with chargers available. They usually have demos of upcoming and latest release games as well. I'd love to see some Legend of Zelda, but who knows what they'll have. But whatever the case, I'm sure they'll be there. Make sure to bring your 3DS, there's usually some spotpass/streetpass thing happening.

• MontablacMontablac Registered User regular
    ALLWAYS bring your 3DS to pax. the streetpass farming is real brah

• FernurionFernurion Registered User regular
    I second that, you'll more streetpass hits than you can handle. Also, random Smash Bros matches in queues and the Pokemon league to challenge. It's handy to fill in those downtimes.

Which reminds me, I need to kick Phil to update that thread.

• solomanisolomani Sydney, AURegistered User regular
    Visited today they had a bunch of stuff on that you could sign-up for on the spot.