As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I guess they missed their chance to release a Tingle amiibo alongside Majora's Mask 3D.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Well, nobody seems to be biting on my Silver Mario + Greninja eBay listing, so I may throw in my Ike Amiibo and bump it up a few dollar to try to get it to move.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    So when do you think the preorders will go live?
    We are less than a month away and I say it will open sometime next Friday.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I had a conversation earlier with a guy who ended up being out 700 dollars because the amiibo scalping bubble burst.

I feel smug now.

McFlynn on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'll believe the bubble burst when Lucina drops below $25. Shulk would also be nice.

• wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Two challengers have joined the battle!

17w9j2ixcplr.jpg

Thanks to @TimFiji for getting me the Ness and @maximumzero for getting the Greninja.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Where have folks been importing Amiibo into the US from? My son wants a pink Yarn Yoshi for his birthday...

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Ebay? back alleyways? a dark car with two people sitting outside of it?

Really I just play ebay to lose it seems

Where have folks been importing Amiibo into the US from? My son wants a pink Yarn Yoshi for his birthday...

eBay looks like your best bet for the pink one right now. Quick glance tells me you could Buy It Now for 27-ish/

Amazon does have one Japanese Pink incorrectly listed under the European one, which is about 29 dollars, but thats a 2 to 3 week delivery time.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I found one on Amazon for $20 shipped so I'll probably go that route (just gotta pad that order up to $35 now). Ebay is fine, but my concern was more shipping times. I just imported 3 DS games and they took 1.5 months to show up :)

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Amazon currently has Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., and Olimar for $19-20 each with Prime shipping

6F32U1X.png
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Amazon currently has Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., and Olimar for $19-20 each with Prime shipping

Bowser Jr. is my favorite so far. He is so cute!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
      Madican wrote: »
      I'll believe the bubble burst when Lucina drops below $25. Shulk would also be nice.

I just saw a Japanese Shulk on Amazon for $20 with Prime shipping. The Lucinas are still about $30, though.

SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
      PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
    • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
      I saw a Lil' Mac in a shop earlier. That bubble is all kindsa burst if that dude exists again.

Oh brilliant
      I saw a Lil' Mac in a shop earlier. That bubble is all kindsa burst if that dude exists again.

Yeah, that wave is the Unicorniest of all. Little Mac, Pit, and Falcon are likely the hardest to come by.

FU7kFbw.png
    • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular

you actually should have bought it. you would have found someone here to take him off your hands incredibly easily.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
      IIRC I have both an extra Pit and Falcon. I might even have two extra Falcons.

Extra Dedede as well, I think I have 1 US, 1 Japanese.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
      Xavier1216 wrote: »
      Madican wrote: »

I just saw a Japanese Shulk on Amazon for $20 with Prime shipping. The Lucinas are still about $30, though.

Yeah, I saw those. Thought about it but then decided that Shulk looks goofy in amiibo form and probably can't be used for Xenoblade when it comes to Wii U NA Virtual Console.

• BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
      edited August 2015
      IIRC I have both an extra Pit and Falcon. I might even have two extra Falcons.

Extra Dedede as well, I think I have 1 US, 1 Japanese.

Dedede is the only one I hope to get, but I don't really care what region it is.

Bartholamue on
      Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
    • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
      Browsed my local TRU. Saw 3 Pac-Man, 2-3 Silver Mario. Everything else was regular stuff. Sonic was in there. A few Toads.

bYf6vNQ.png
      Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
      [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    • TayaTaya Registered User regular
      I got my blue and pink yarn Yoshis from amiami.com. Apparently it is the cheapest option for imported amiibos but they are not always in stock. I have the site bookmarked in case Zero Suit Samus, Ganondorf or any other amiibos not released here yet goes up.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
      I am getting more and more excited for that game. Definitely gonna open my Amiibo for it.

bYf6vNQ.png
      edited August 2015
      Whoa you can play as Silver Mario?
      I am jelly of people who have Golden Mario amiibo.

Riokenn on
      edited August 2015
      Riokenn wrote: »
      Whoa you can play as Silver Mario?
      I am jelly of people who have Golden Mario amiibo.

I'll be really curious to see what, say, the Mario amiibos do. And if there is a difference between Smash and SMB series (probably not but it'd be cool if there was)

Edit: Well lookie here... What time is it? :D
      CMuMp03UkAA2841.png

Edit 2: Ah, thread creator doing a bad job keeping the OP updated at that reddit thread:
      c3eDgVP.jpg
      1hmGryw.png - Toon Link gets the Deku Leaf!!

Ton more here:
      http://imgur.com/a/pvBbg
      LLby8EK.png9EkXhKA.png

Warlock82 on
      Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
      I am still onboard to get that game but I feel amiibos are going back to insanity because of it

Brainleech wrote: »
      I am still onboard to get that game but I feel amiibos are going back to insanity because of it

You don't need the amiibos for these characters, you can unlock all of them in-game by beating a random series of user created levels over and over.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
      edited August 2015
      Cross posting from Mario thread:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWVpFD_A5Rs

Skip to 5:20 or so to see most amiibo costumes.

Holy crap, those sound effects! I love how Peach's is from SMB2 (USA) and Samus gets the Metroid intro fanfare. Also when Pacman runs he turns into classic Pacman like in Smash :D So awesome! Also love how when Wario beats the stage it plays the Wario Land music :D

Warlock82 on
      Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
      Brainleech wrote: »

You don't need the amiibos for these characters, you can unlock all of them in-game by beating a random series of user created levels over and over.

Well there goes me opening up my amiibos. Maybe next game lil buddies.

Fox used his SNES voice, aaaaaawesome.

All this talk about character figures are making me eye Disney Infinity. Is it fun?
      I sorta wanna play it cause all the neat Disney/Marvel figures but I dunno.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
      All this talk about character figures are making me eye Disney Infinity. Is it fun?

haha, it's like you and me think similarly. My son and daughter have been wanting to try Infinity, and I wasn't overly interested until 3.0 and all the Star Wars stuff. Now I've been investigating it some. Still not sure if I can justify the price of entry though.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
      Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
      PSN - Brainiac_8
      Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
      Add me!
      Infinity is alright

It's definitely meant for kids

I pretty much just get the figures and barely play the game

6F32U1X.png
      Brainiac 8 wrote: »

haha, it's like you and me think similarly. My son and daughter have been wanting to try Infinity, and I wasn't overly interested until 3.0 and all the Star Wars stuff. Now I've been investigating it some. Still not sure if I can justify the price of entry though.

I mean yeah Star Wars is neat but the functionality of amiibos have been underwhelming it makes me yern for something like what Disney Infinity does. Playing as your favorite character, leveling them up and giving them certain abilities via a skill tree.

That shits neat, why doesn't Nintendo do that?

Brainiac 8 wrote: »

As with amiibo, wait for sales.

If you're patient, you can get most Infinity content for half price or less if you wait it out for sales.

FU7kFbw.png
    • Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
      Does the Inkling Girl costume turn into squid form when you duck? If I'm seeing that right, that's a great touch.

SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
      PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
      Xavier1216 wrote: »
      Does the Inkling Girl costume turn into squid form when you duck? If I'm seeing that right, that's a great touch.

Not sure about that, but squid form when swimming.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
      I have an Amiibo! Put Toon Link on my Amazon wishlist on a whim and was surprised to get him as a birthday pressie.

Very nice figure, but looking up game compatibility I'm still not seeing a massive appeal to that side of them.

MhCw7nZ.gif
      I still can't wait for Mario Maker. It gave me an urge to want to trade for a Wario amiibo.

How do the amiibo work in that game? I know if you tap your own you get the costumes to use. I thought I read about you unlock them if you play levels with them too. Is that right?

I so want to play levels as DK. Loving the larger characters for that.

bYf6vNQ.png
      It looks like you unlock one of the 99 costumes at random every time you beat the 100 Mario Challenge

You can use costumes in the levels if someone puts them in the level, but I don't think they are unlocked

6F32U1X.png