As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Xavier1216 wrote: »
    Does the Inkling Girl costume turn into squid form when you duck? If I'm seeing that right, that's a great touch.

Looked that way in the video ;)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    So in the span of two weeks I've gone from just Sonic and Charizard to an (un)healthy collection of amiibo. Thankfully I didn't have to spend too much on them.

KlZpkEl.jpg

(I don't actually have a shelf so I've put them on my couch instead.)

Adellios on
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    With the order I placed, I'm down to only one amiibo, and that's Dedede. Ugh, that one is elusive, even when they restock it.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    I think if I pick up Mario, Luigi, and Bowser I'll be done with my weird recent stint of buying Amiibos.

Bought a Pikachu to check out how things worked with Smash, and recently decided to pick up Mega Man, Fox, Yoshi, and Toad. Limiting things to characters I like most keeps the collection small.

So far Mega Man is my favorite. Was honestly not expecting the metallic shine, but love it.

Only other things I'd like to pick up are a blue yarn Yoshi and K.K. Slider.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Buying "just one" for Smash is how the addiction starts.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    My Olimar came in the mail today and he is so, so cool

His helmet is all reflective and the antenna on top seems to be made out of rubber and you can wiggle it around

They have improved the build quality and detail on these things so much since last year

6F32U1X.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I am prepared to do some trading for Bowser Jr. Yay, extra Greninja.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    edited August 2015
    I found some Villager and Captain Falcon amiibo at one of my local Toys R Us', but didn't buy them because I already had them. I thought of you guys but I didn't know if you guys needed them. Should I go back there and hope that they still have one of each?

Bartholamue on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Got home with my euro Amiibos.

Bowser Jr. is great and massive. Dr. Mario is nicely detailed. Olimar looks great for the most part (he even has tiny Hecate shipping patches!) but it bugs me that the gaps between the pikmin's feet are gold instead of clear. Zero Suit Samus is nice, though I wish her pointless high heels didn't stand out so damn much.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Any word on if Dr. Mario is a widespread release in Canada, seeing as Targets are no longer a thing here?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    Any word on if Dr. Mario is a widespread release in Canada, seeing as Targets are no longer a thing here?

I would assume so? But I haven't heard

I think they'll go to Wal Mart like the others.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I want him to say this near smaller yarn yoshis.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYURxfaTdpY

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    From a Nintendo email blast:

Wii U Bundle with Mario Maker, the idea book and the 8-Bit Mario Amiibo goes on sale Sept. 11, exclusively at Walmart. Interestingly, there was NO mention of a Mario Maker/8-Bit Mario bundle, and the email went out of its way to mention the Wooly World/Yarn Yoshi bundle. (That one's October 16 at $59, the game sans amiibo is $49.)

The Mii amiibos will show up in a three-pack on Nov. 1, no mention of exclusivity.

Mewtwo hits Nov. 13. Falco is Nov. 20, same as the new StarFox game. Mega Yarn Yoshi hits the U.S. Nov. 15 at $40.

• wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    that mega yarn yoshi.

I must possess it.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    Did they really drop when the new Star Fox is coming out as an aside to when the Falco amiibo is coming?

6F32U1X.png
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Have they said how much the yoshis of the smaller variety will be in the U.S.?

Mr. G wrote: »
    Did they really drop when the new Star Fox is coming out as an aside to when the Falco amiibo is coming?

Naw, it was a mega release showing all their release dates for everything coming the rest of this year. Just figured this thread would only care about the Amiibo. :P
    Have they said how much the yoshis of the smaller variety will be in the U.S.?

That's an important detail I overlooked. Blue and Pink are set for $16.99, while Green is ONLY available with the game.

ugh. I didn't want to have to buy a plastic disc to get the green yoshi amiibo.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Still nothing on SMM or YWW Amiibo preorders? Getting a little anxious here.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    I am like 99.9999999999% sure US is not getting a Mario Maker bundle. So sure that I preordered digitally last night :P Which is fine, I wanted it digital anyways, esp since I can get the book still.

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    So theres no Mario Maker Bundle? Damn...guess im heading to gamestop after work to preorder the base game.
    wunderbar wrote: »
    Import from Amazon!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular

If you're a GCU member you can pick up the Amiibo bundle for the price of the game alone and sell it, probably coming out ahead by a few bucks in the process.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular

If you're a GCU member you can pick up the Amiibo bundle for the price of the game alone and sell it, probably coming out ahead by a few bucks in the process.

Or you could just play the game. I hear it's pretty good.

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    dragonsama wrote: »

He wants it digitally, I assume, judging by his disdain in having to own a plastic disc.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    So far, it looks like that Wii U bundle is the only way to get modern color 8-Bit Mario.

Though didn't we hear some rumblings that a stand-alone release would come later?

There has been no word, but it totally will. It would be dumb for them ONLY to bundle him with a console. It's like Mario Party 10, which I was called an idiot on for saying that Mario amiibo would be sold out of the bundle later.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Got home with my euro Amiibos.

Bowser Jr. is great and massive. Dr. Mario is nicely detailed. Olimar looks great for the most part (he even has tiny Hecate shipping patches!) but it bugs me that the gaps between the pikmin's feet are gold instead of clear. Zero Suit Samus is nice, though I wish her pointless high heels didn't stand out so damn much.

The Pikmin have gold around their feet because they are walking through a what's left of a puddle of nectar after they ate from it. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    Brace yourself for nuttiness, Animal Crossing fans -- In the U.S., Isabelle and Digby only come with the Festival Game (in a bundle for $60), K.K. Slider, Reese and Cyrus only come in a triple-pack, and only Tom Nook, Lottie and Mabel are sold separately.

Cripes.

Oh, and apparently the retro three-pack is up again on Gamestop.

Man, KK was the only one I really wanted

6F32U1X.png
    Just going to wait for Isabelle and I guess Digby to be sold outside the bundle. The rest is fine :P

• TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I wonder if Falco is insulted he comes out after MewTwo even though Mew was a DLC character

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      dragonsama wrote: »

I want the game. I just don't like buying games on plastic discs anymore.

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
      cloudeagle wrote: »
      Brace yourself for nuttiness, Animal Crossing fans -- In the U.S., Isabelle and Digby only come with the Festival Game (in a bundle for $60), K.K. Slider, Reese and Cyrus only come in a triple-pack, and only Tom Nook, Lottie and Mabel are sold separately.

Cripes.

Goddamnit Nintendo.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!