As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Edwardian Fashion [Chat]

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    oh yeah i will prob book like, 5-6 more for late sept/early october cus of competition prep/calling in favours

so that brings me up to about 80ish

hmm, cutting it kinda close

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    redx wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Amazon here hands your parcel to some guy with a 1996 vauxhall astra with two doors painted a different colour to the rest of the car who might abandon it somewhere in the vicinity of your house within a couple of weeks of you ordering it

Or at least, such has been my experience

That, or Yodel, who are somehow worse

Really?

Amazon here is basically perfect except that sometimes the use USPS, which I am finding to be incompetent and that they will lie when they don't feel like actually delivering things promptly.

Like 3 times, USPS just made up shit rather than delivering things the day they were supposed to.

USPS is pretty much the best option around here -- they used to use a company called Lasership all too often which was basically like the first place Japan described. I imagine the couriers who do same day delivery for them are also pretty similar to what Japan described but they've been pretty rock solid for me.

I don't even understand how Lasership is still in business.

If its anything like yodel or related firms they pay their drivers per delivery, usually at a pitiful rate, and recruit basically anyone with a car who is desperate for some cash in hand money.

As to why retailers use them for shipping, I have no idea.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I have never had problems with USPS delivery.

UPS, yes. Not USPS.

Yeah, we have package lockers for USPS which are great -- if it's too big they leave it in the office and then it's a pain in the ass because their hours are shit but that happens to every package that comes via fedex or UPS so I usually have to wait till saturday morning to get any of my non USPS packages.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Amazon here hands your parcel to some guy with a 1996 vauxhall astra with two doors painted a different colour to the rest of the car who might abandon it somewhere in the vicinity of your house within a couple of weeks of you ordering it

Really?

Amazon here is basically perfect except that sometimes the use USPS, which I am finding to be incompetent and that they will lie when they don't feel like actually delivering things promptly.

Like 3 times, USPS just made up shit rather than delivering things the day they were supposed to.

USPS is pretty much the best option around here -- they used to use a company called Lasership all too often which was basically like the first place Japan described. I imagine the couriers who do same day delivery for them are also pretty similar to what Japan described but they've been pretty rock solid for me.

I don't even understand how Lasership is still in business.

If its anything like yodel or related firms they pay their drivers per delivery, usually at a pitiful rate, and recruit basically anyone with a car who is desperate for some cash in hand money.

As to why retailers use them for shipping, I have no idea.

from what iove seen yodel use actual trucks they're just.... terrible

they never deliver on time and if you miss it you need to wait like 2 fucking days for them to be ready to hand it over at their warehouse which in my case is in a godforsaken business estate concrete maze in the middle of all the worst traffic hotspots in the city

oh and they close an hour earlier than they say on the delivery note

fak u yodel

Casual on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    So apparently there is a huge mgs5 spolier out there and if its what I read maaaaan kojima is pretty rad

Spoiler: Everyone besides Big Boss and Master Miller must die at the end because none of the characters return in Metal Gear.

But it has young Liquid and Solid Snake so they survive too tho.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I want a Deez Nuts 2016 car magnet so badly

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

Really?

Yeah.

I stopped using them because of their insistence on using incompetent delivery firms. They fucked up four orders in a row which is more leeway than I'd have given any other retailer.

I'm pickier about where I order stuff from now.

That's very weak.

I have used Amazon a huge amount. For things with Amazon fulfilment the worst that has happened was a package was 2 days late.

I just get pissed about a delivery company screwing with that sort of thing.

Given my various hobbies and laziness it's a godsend... or massive money hole.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i stopped texting this girl because i'm awful and she had a boyfriend and we never had a threesome with her bf or her friends

now she's texting me again and i wish i was cool enough to say

"nah"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I swear I will abolish nerds god help me

• Options
    oh my god, this is maybe the greatest thing I've ever read on an actual serious poll

Q31 Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion
    of Deez Nuts?
    Favorable 6% ........................................................
    Unfavorable 13% ....................................................
    Not sure 81%

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    I avoid all women forever.

so dudes are your thing?

:winky:

No.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Huh. I've had nothing but really good experiences with USPS.

UPS on the other hand is garbage delivery.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    deez nuts

haha

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    So apparently there is a huge mgs5 spolier out there and if its what I read maaaaan kojima is pretty rad

Spoiler: Everyone besides Big Boss and Master Miller must die at the end because none of the characters return in Metal Gear.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense because Solid and Liquid are sitting next to each other in the helicopter in the MGS5 trailer but Solid doesn't know Liquid at all in MGS1. Big Boss shouldn't even be cloned at this point because he hasn't created Outer Heaven.

Conclusion: the teens in the helicopter aren't Solid and Liquid.

• Options
    p56g7m9d987j.jpg

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I've only ever had one lost package with USPS.

In fact today they delivered my books two days early!

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

so dudes are your thing?

No.

can't blame a guy for trying

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited August 2015

PLOT TWIST!

No they don't.

Neco on
  • Options

so dudes are your thing?

No.

can't blame a guy for trying

I'm not good enough for any chatters. I shall retire to bag's end, etc.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    p56g7m9d987j.jpg

Hmmm... 5 point gender split on unfavorable.

But that's a public pole talking to a stranger.

I could see being different in the privacy of a ballot box. 'Cause, even if they say they don't in public, a lot of ladies secretly love Deez Nuts.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »

PLOT TWIST!

No they don't.

mqdefault.jpg

• Options
    There's too many good games. I just want to play games. But I have to work 1/3rd of the time. And then sleep. Hnnnng.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    hmm should i reinstall STO or is it just dumb now

i read about some plot advances and it seems really dumb

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so apparently josh duggar had two ashley madison accounts with all the boxes checked

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

it's the same as it's ever been

if you enjoy the ship combat it's still worth playing

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    I found a white haired dude who runs a barber shop to do my hair

I just said "idk make it look professional?" and he nodded and went to work

yes please more of this

Barbers are pretty great. It seems like a substantial portion of them are super old though.

OTOH, I have started cutting my own hair as of a few years ago. The beauty of cutting to 1/32-1/16" with no fade is you can do it yourself. I've always been of that broad style, but since being in the military I can't stand letting it grow out at all. Even at the eminently reasonable rates of barbers, 15-20 haircuts a year is $$$.

Also, I look like less of an old with shorter hair, because the greys don't stand out as much.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    also amazon sent me this today

bergan-elevated-dog-feeder-2._V399929277_.jpg

i didn't order it

it's not in my order history

i guess i order a lot of cat food from them?

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    so apparently josh duggar had two ashley madison accounts with all the boxes checked

Looking at what the hackers leaked for juicy gossip is as wrong as hacking the website itself.

(Fur is murder.)

• Options

it's the same as it's ever been

if you enjoy the ship combat it's still worth playing

hmm

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

Looking at what the hackers leaked for juicy gossip is as wrong as hacking the website itself.

(Fur is murder.)

what if i'm looking at a daily kos article written by someone who looked at what the hackers leaked

• Options
    last time i got a galaxy class, made captain, got stuck on some hella buggy romulan level for a week and then my laptop died

never installed on my new one

but i'm kinda jonesin for some spacein

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I really liked the space combat in STO.

The ground combat sucked TruckNutz.

• Options
    radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    Awwwwwwwwww yeah, who's got an interview next week for the manager position at her shop?

Hint: IT'S ME.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

Sometimes my home state really does me proud

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    My brother just posted a clip from an early 80's sitcom where Jeffrey Tamboor is going on about uncovering a conspiracy about plans to make a one world government. Underneath the clip is a caption that says "They tried to warn us... This was on TV back in 1981"

Im not sure what to say to this.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2015

YAAAAAAY

YouGov is very suspectible to rigged voting though - I think you need to register to answer polls, and how many random people actually register for polls?

edit: woo, he deleted that tweet real quick. tl;dr: Sweden Democrat racist shitwizards #1 party in some poll.

edit edit:

Echo on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

What's it mean to have the boxes checked

This discussion has been closed.