As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Windows shenanigans disabled my mouse and keyboard

LevantLevant Registered User regular
edited August 2015 in Help / Advice Forum
Sigh. Alright, so here's the story: I updated to Windows 10, didn't get on with it, saw there was an option to easily revert back to 7. No problems there. Except for my mouse and keyboard, which come on during boot up and switch off when Windows starts. They both work in the BIOS screen, during which I checked to see if some USB thing got disabled, but nope. If I plug in a different USB device, it works fine. Please advise. Thanks.

OF COURSE I immediately fix it after posting this. Never mind. I guess when re-plugging them I put them in a USB2 (or 3?) port and it didn't cut it. Moving on.

Levant on

• Options
    EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    Depending on your motherboard, you may need to re-download drivers for it. I know on mine when I installed Win7 it included drivers for a couple of the USB ports, but all of the others were unavailable until after I'd installed the motherboard drivers.