As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] 1+1=Cyriss is calculating... calculating... seven! And you're dead.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    NNhJtx2.jpg

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited July 2015
    So, yeah. Savio Montero Acosta got previewed in the new NQ... and is it just me, or is he a goddamn bad-ass?

That 7 speed plus Swift Vengeance (like Vengeance, but you get a full advance instead of 3"), MAT 9, 15 DEF/ARM, and Dodge, Riposte, Steady, and weapon master on his two P+S 13 melee weapons?

That's one hell of a three-point package.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I kinda like him, but most people have been pretty lukewarm at best. The issue is that he's either a 3-point missile, which is more points than you want to pay for that, or he relies pretty heavily on a meager defense to stay alive.
    Still, I hope to see him around.

• kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    I think he'll be a pretty frequent sight in Cygnar. I've built a lot of lists with a few spare points and a desperate need for more armor cracking.

I can also pretty easily seeing the spot removal to keep him safe.

• OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Only problem is that it's practically impossible to grant the guy pathfinder in Cygnar. Piper is unit only, Runewood is friendly faction. Probably why he's spd 7.

makosig.jpg
    Oh, hey, the Glacial King and Zaal2 will be at GenCon.

*fingers crossed for a thresher of MEAT*

persona4celestia.jpg
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Will Shick also teased Zaal 2's spell list.

Mage Sight. Annihilation. Transference. Vision. Sunder Spirit.

• OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    It's so bad. I hope his abilities make up for it. If he doesn't have a way to snatch souls and amass a bunch of them for Transferrence, then he's awful. Annihilation doesn't cut it.

EDIT: Okay so he has Reclaim, Righteous Vengeance, and Direct Spirits. His weapon causes Silence. His feat makes friendly faction constructs heal a bunch, gain boosted melee attack rolls, and get +5 armor.

Yeah he's useable now. Just gotta buy some cheap infantry to feed his engine.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • MagoMago SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Stupid Chain Attack podcast got me thinking about starting a minions force.

Do the Blindwater Congregation have any reasonable lists that are beast heavy? It seems to me it's their infantry that's the bees knees...

Mago on
    Trying to paint stuff since 1995.
    edited August 2015
    I'm not really heavily versed in Blindwater, but from what I remember they can run *some* beasts, but don't go whole-hog on them like a Arkadeus Ark can. (Granted, not a lot of lists can say that yes, I'm bringing 14 warbeasts in a 50-point list.) Their beasts were nice for utility or shenanigans, but are kind of pillow-fisted so it'd be better to usually just use the points for more Raiders or Posse.

The word "Caliban" pops up in my mind when thinking BC beasts, but I couldn't tell you specifics.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2015
    I totally haven't been tempted by a croc list.

edit: I'll probably get a unit of Gatormen for my Skorne some time.

Echo on
  • MagoMago SwedenRegistered User regular
    So I'm playing a 35p game against an unknown army soon. This is the list I came up with last night:

MacBain
    - Nomad
    Gastone
    - Vanguard

(full) Kayazy Assassins + underboss
    (full) Steelhead Halberdiers
    Lady Aiyana & Master Holt

Eiryss2
    Gorman
    Rhupert
    Gobber Tinker

My collection is limited, but I don't think the list has any obvious issues (besides being Mercs :P )?

Trying to paint stuff since 1995.
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Mago wrote: »
    So I'm playing a 35p game against an unknown army soon. This is the list I came up with last night:

MacBain
    - Nomad
    Gastone
    - Vanguard

(full) Kayazy Assassins + underboss
    (full) Steelhead Halberdiers
    Lady Aiyana & Master Holt

Eiryss2
    Gorman
    Rhupert
    Gobber Tinker

My collection is limited, but I don't think the list has any obvious issues (besides being Mercs :P )?

That seems pretty solid.

Shameless repost from elsewhere, @ my playing Zaal2 yesterday.

Had my first Zaal2 game yesterday. I like him. Don't run constructs if you can help it. It's a trap. Just run an absolute shit ton of living infantry to feed the never-ending transference engine, as well as Sunder Spirit spam. Good stuff. Did really well against a psorscha list despite her shutting down my Incindiarii the entire game.

My list :

Zaal2 w/ Tiberion
    Swamp gobbers
    Tycomm
    Hakkar
    Saxxon Orrik
    Full immortals
    Full Incindiarii
    Full nihilators
    Full keltarii

After that game I'm going to replace the immortals with Praetorians + UA and drop the Incindiarii down to a min unit and drop the swamp gobbers to make a Cyclops Shaman fit.

makosig.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I was going to pick Zaal2 up anyway because he looks so great, but that's good to hear.

New errata is up and ... it's certainly unexpected. Here's a quick summary of changes:

- Shake Effects
    Blind and Shadow Bind have been added to the effects that you can shake with a focus or fury.

-Pack Fury
    Brings the warbeast packs in line with warbeasts to prevent you from gaining fury from killing warbeast pack models with friendly model.

- Major Victoria Haley (Haley2)
    Changed Major Haley’s feat so that the Haley player no longer chooses the order of activations for models/units.

- Major Prime Victoria Haley (Haley3)
    Changed the wording of Temporal Flux to clarify that it grants the unit and friendly models within 5" of one or more models in the unit +2 DEF.
    Changed Time Projection to clarify how Haley Past and Haley Future can allocate focus and use arc nodes.

- Flank
    Fixed Flank on Trench Buster and Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye to prevent them from flanking with themselves.

- Bone Shaker
    Asphyxious the Hellbringer (Asphyxious3) and Calaban the Grave Walker have been updated so the wording of Bone Shaker is consistent across all models.

- Pistol Wraith
    Death Chill was changed to stationary to allow a model with Focus: Shake Effect or Fury: Shake Effect to remove the effect.

- Thyron Sword of Truth
    Added duration to the feat.

- Mountain King
    Gained Assault.

- Siege Animantarax
    Rage Tokens can be gained from friendly attacks. Rage Tokens can be used to boost any attack or damage roll.

- Archangel
    Draconic Aura changed from Righteous Flames to causing Continuous Fire to enemy models within 2”

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Look at dem Haley nerfs

And Denny2 nerfs.

mmm... the hate shall flow...

persona4celestia.jpg
  • SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    Bruce has assault!

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Oof...the Pistol Wraith and Shadow Bind errata hurt my parts. Sad days in Thrall-land. Sad days.

• NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    *doublepost

Nealneal on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Temporal Flux was also nerfed to "friendly Faction."

edited August 2015
    It's funny because iirc, my local meta played Death Chill like that already. Unless my memory's faulty.

Edit: I meant death chill, not shadowbind.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    The Haley2 change will make her a lot easier to play. I like it. The Denny2 should open up scenario design a great deal.

The only thing I'm sad about is being unable to buff Acosta and Alexia2 with temporal flux.

.... Holy shit death chill is now just stationary? That I didn't realize. Holy SHIT

makosig.jpg
    Only from Pistol Wraiths.

Yeah, they made it so the Pistol Wraith causes Stationary instead of Death Chill. The effect still exists elsewhere. However that the ability itself on the Pistol Wraith is still called Death Chill is KIND of stupid and needs to change at some point. >_>

admanb wrote: »
    Only from Pistol Wraiths.
    What the hell else causes death chill?

makosig.jpg
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Wow this changes everything.
    What a huge hit to Cryx!

edited August 2015
    Heh, so first report from my brother who's been playing with his Glacial King apparently invokes sniping out and killing a Sloan from downtown with it.

If memory serves it was with Grim2.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    What a huge hit to Cryx!

Not really, actually. Cryx is still the top faction. Denny 2 might see a little less play, but there are still 4-6 other casters to chose from for competitive play.

Well, it is a big hit to Cryx, but they're going to be fine because it's still Cryx.

The upside is that the nerf to Denny2 means that less people will build anti-Body & Soul lists.

TheBigEasy wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    What a huge hit to Cryx!

Not really, actually. Cryx is still the top faction. Denny 2 might see a little less play, but there are still 4-6 other casters to chose from for competitive play.

They just got an absolutely ridiculous epic caster that's making me want to pick them up. They'll be fine.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1546849251/warmachine-and-hordes-terrain-and-zone-kits?ref=project_share This is a really good deal if you guys want some neoprene terrain/zone markers.

makosig.jpg
  • zend0gzend0g Registered User regular
    While the zone markers are nice and usually better than what I see most people use, the tree and hill are lacking. However, they do a great job at making a flat and dull looking Warmachine table look flat and dull.

zend0g wrote: »
    While the zone markers are nice and usually better than what I see most people use, the tree and hill are lacking. However, they do a great job at making a flat and dull looking Warmachine table look flat and dull.

I like having the option of easy-to-store terrain, but I absolutely prefer 3D terrain in almost all situations.

Obviously the superior use of nantes will be easy to store wargames terrain.

Trees get in the way. 3d buildings are neat though. As are fences.

makosig.jpg