As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A is For [phalla]: Except When it Starts with P - Mafia Victory - Final Narration Friday

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    No time for the count now, I'll do it after dinner, in 3.5 hour.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Here's how i see the game right now:

Phyphor - Probably the SK. No SK kill last night, on the only night he missed voting so far.
    Preda/Dragon - There were some suspicions floating around early on towards dragon. Was a bandwagon voter before going inactive.
    Austinnumbers - New i think? Been out of this for a while but whenever i see a post from him i just think 'oh its a new player'
    JFP - pretty much just a bandwagon voter
    premium - awesome dude imo

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    OOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOOO

Too scary to let live, I understand.

OOOOOoooooOOOOOOO

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    OoooOooooOOOOOoo

Next time I'll avoid the bandwagons

OoooOooooOOOOOoo

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    Here's how i see the game right now:

Phyphor - Probably the SK. No SK kill last night, on the only night he missed voting so far.
    Preda/Dragon - There were some suspicions floating around early on towards dragon. Was a bandwagon voter before going inactive.
    Austinnumbers - New i think? Been out of this for a while but whenever i see a post from him i just think 'oh its a new player'
    JFP - pretty much just a bandwagon voter
    premium - awesome dude imo

'Sup. Though that kill was mine. As was disc. You're welcome, village. I'm immune to kills and redirect them to my target, changing my kill's color

Scenario 1: vote out a villager, left with SK/mafia or SK/2 mafia (if I miss)
    Scenario 2: vote out a mafia, you either get SK/villager or SK/mafia
    Scenario 3: vote out the SK, mafia wins guaranteed

Let's go with #2! Maximum chance of HOST VICTORY

I'm relatively confident that dragon isn't mafia, so JFP

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Okay, so if Premium is right, Mafia wins by voting out a villager.

Village can win by voting out a Mafia and then doing so again.

SK wins by killing the oppsite of the vote.

• Options
    Village cannot win, since there are 3-4 kills floating around

• Options
    Basically: the mafia will kill the 2 villagers, since they know who they are and they know they can't kill me

• Options
    Damn I'm late and that happens...

Count. Day till 3 Were done by gizzy.

Day 1

3 vertroue - Phyphor, JusticeforPluto, Smoove Operator
    2 Matev - MrT, SLyM,
    2 Gizzy - netgremlin, Discrider
    2 Smoove Operator - Ebum, jdarksun
    2 ObiFett - precisionk, Kime
    2 Phyphor - vertroue, McKid
    1 Premium - Auralynx
    1 Langly - TRV
    1 SLyM - precisionk, AustinP
    1 Ebum - LostNinja
    1 Auralynx - Premium
    1 netgremlin - Gizzy
    1 Jdarksun - Grunt’s Ghosts
    1 precisionk - ObiFett
    1 LostNinja - Deamonizual
    1 Kime - Cythraul
    0 TRV - Smoove Operator

Day 2

6 Jdarksun - Ebum, TRV, Gizzy, netgremlin, Dragon, AustinP, LostNinja , McKid
    3 TRV - Langly, Jdarksun, Grunt’s Ghosts
    3 Ebum - MrT, JusticeforPluto, premium
    3 Dragon - Kime, Auralynx, Ebum
    2 JusticeforPluto - Discrider, Matev
    2 AustinP - Phyphor, SLyM
    1 Phyphor - AustinP
    0 Smoove Operator - netgremlin

Day 3

6 McKid - premium, Phyphor, netgremlin, JusticforPluto, Grunt’s Ghosts, Dragon,
    5 Dragon - MrT, Smoove Operator, Kime, Discrider, Auralynx, McKid
    2 LostNinja - precisionk, Gizzy
    1 JusticeforPluto - LostNinja ,
    1 Gizzy - AustinP
    1 Discrider - Matev
    1 netgremlin - Smoove Operator, Auralynx
    0 MrT - Discrider

Day 4

6 netgremlin - Smoove Operator (4), AustinP (6), LostNinja (8), JfP (11), Gizzy (12), Phyphor (13),
    2 LostNinja - premium (5), Gizzy (7), Dragon (9),
    1 Dragon - precisionk (1),
    1 Gizzy - netgremlin (3),
    1 Kime- Matev (10),
    0 premium - Gizzy (2),

Not voted: Kime

Day 5

4 LostNinja - precisionk (2), AustinP (4), JfP (5), premium (6),
    2 JfP- Kime (3), LostNinja (7),
    0 premium - LostNinja (1),

Not Voted: Phyphor, Dragon

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Basically: the mafia will kill the 2 villagers, since they know who they are and they know they can't kill me

Blah.....

• Options
    Mafias never were near risking from vote, so if Phyphor speak true than, based on vote distribution, I'll say that mafia are AustinP and one between JFP and Premium; if Phyphor lies, than it's him and one between JFP and premium, probably premium.

• Options
    Why would I openly claim SK and lie? The SK then has a perfect target

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I can answer that. Because you are mafia.

Phyphor is right about the SK causing the kill last night where mafia was taken by red, but is missing one of the specifics on it.

The SK power is only a one time save, not a permanent one. I know this because I'm the SK. Phyphor knows what happened because the mafia targeted me last night, and I had my target pointed to precision. So, because they targeted me and I lived and someone else died, they know who the SK was.

Coming clean here because I'm dead tonight either way. The mafia know that there wouldn't be an invulnerable player, so they've obviously aware that I'm vulnerable after the one time save.

Want proof? Look at the vote records. Mine was all over the place to downplay things and allow me more time to get my kills in. Phyphor was on the villager killing bandwagon every day except 2 (when everyone jumped to Jdark so fast) and yesterday, when there was no Phyphor vote. Are we supposed to believe that you are the SK and setup a kill but didn't bother to vote openly? Why would the SK ever skip a vote when the goal is to eliminate everyone.

Phyphor is right though, there's 3 kills out there still. Mine can hit who I know is a mafia, but then the other one gets away and if you vote me out, Mafia wins for sure.

So instead, maybe vote Phyphor out as mafia, let me take a shot at the other person I think is mafia. If they kill me, they will leave one villager behind. I have a 1 in 3 chance of getting the other mafia, which would then make this a village win. Yes, there's the chance they target the villagers instead of me, but then I also have a shot at SK/villager end (if I hit the other mafia) or if I miss, it's a SK/mafia end, which is a host win.

So with that, you need to decide if you like the odds of me hitting the other mafia along wiht them letting me live tonight and going after villagers they know instead. Therefore, I vote Phyphor

• Options
    Ooooo the drama!

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Approximately An Hour Till Vote Close

• Options
    Approx. 10 minutes till Close

• Options
    Doesn't seem to matter who i vote but i blame todays mess on phyphor

• Options
    Vote is closed and that is game

• Options
    edited August 2015
    I'm tired and it's Friday, I'll post a proper narration. But for now: The Surviving Victorious
    AustinP0027 as Bumblebee
    premium as Mammodon

Preda as Solid Snake -Mafia'd
    11XHkY.gif
    THE MAFIA IS VICTORIOUS

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    As said will try and post a proper narration tomorrow, too out of it tonight. To do it remote justice.
    Thanks to @Preda for coming in. Also Kudos to Phyphor for being so effective in target selection and that it was nice to see a gutsy maneuver from a newer player (Austin)
    For the record, the village could win. It required the mafia to target Phyphor,a mafia being voted off and Phyphor getting a mafia (which he would have, he was targeting premium)

Egos on
  • Options
    Egos your narrations were top notch and the last day was especially fun, even though it ended kinda anticlimactically because nobody else tried end of day shenanigans
    Thank you for hosting this

• Options
    My kill was right!

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I give myself a 50% on this game

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    Yeah buddy. Honestly, me dying really helped us out quite a bit. We found out who the miller was and we targeted Phyphor the same night he smoked me. Thus we knew what to do. Good job Premium and Austin. BRING THE MAFIA FLAG HOME FOR YOUR GOD-EMPEROR

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Interested to know why I was SK'd @Phyphor ..
    Also Dragon really should've died the night after I did. It was pretty obvious he was not mafia once two mafia died voting him into a tie.

• Options
    My kill was right!

Your plan had me worried for a bit today because i kinda had a feeling that you had my number, but your fatal flaw was assuming that villagers who thought they couldn't win would care enough to follow your vote

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Also Dragon really should've died the night after I did. It was pretty obvious he was not mafia once two mafia died voting him into a tie.

Just instinct. A feeling that you were off. I am more effective as a SK as I don't care about village specials which other read similarly to mafia

Though my role sounded like and was clarified to prevent multiple kills...

I was 50/50 on jfp and Austin but its hard to get the village to care when it's going to lose

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Man, I only got seer like 1 person at all usefully the whole game.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    My big mistake was killing smoove. I thought he was Mafia due to bandwagoning positions

• Options
    discrider wrote: »

Just instinct. A feeling that you were off. I am more effective as a SK as I don't care about village specials which other read similarly to mafia

Though my role sounded like and was clarified to prevent multiple kills...

I was 50/50 on jfp and Austin but its hard to get the village to care when it's going to lose

Was your kill protection permanent??

Cause I thought you were only kingmaker on that last day; Both teams needed to kill you, but whether you were voted (mafia win) or killed (possible village win) determined it.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    it was one time, hence
    Egos wrote: »
    For the record, the village could win. It required the mafia to target Phyphor,a mafia being voted off and Phyphor getting a mafia (which he would have, he was targeting premium)

Egos on
  • Options
    Role:SERIAL KILLER - Each Night you may Remove Another Player from Play. You have a [Passive Ability] that is triggered if attacked- you will survive the attack and your kill will appear in the color of whoever attacked you.

• Options
    yeah it was poorly worded, but it was one time. poorly worded meaning I didnt explicitly say one time. I said "a" [passive ability] and "the attack. And I didn't say "whenever attacked" ;-)

but yeah I should have said one time explicitly

• Options
    edited August 2015
    I would have played it the same if it was clarified it was one time though (weak for a SK BTW). I've survived a few days when I shouldn't have. See mass effect, alpha centauri, the custom rules phalla, plus others. Usually that's when I'm Mafia though, bit I always play up my role

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I would have played it the same if it was clarified it was one time though (weak for a SK BTW). I've survived a few days when I shouldn't have. See mass effect, alpha centauri, the custom rules phalla, plus others. Usually that's when I'm Mafia though

how is a one time guard= weak ? And one that allows you to potentially mislead as well as know your attacker. Being immortal except to the vote would be overpowered as hell.

Especially in a mini.

Egos on
  • Options
    SKs are supposed to be annoying for the Mafia to get rid of. I got lucky by not being tagetted until the second last day for anything. I look like a bus driver instead of a guard or roleblock, but I can't function as one, so I'm dead as soon as I'm targeted. The only thing preventing an immediate retarget is the meta knowledge that SK protection is usually stronger

• Options
    All things considered, day 1 was glorious for us. Guard and a mason down, and, with our thrall and 2 kills, that meant no village network at all.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    SKs are supposed to be annoying for the Mafia to get rid of. I got lucky by not being tagetted until the second last day for anything. I look like a bus driver instead of a guard or roleblock, but I can't function as one, so I'm dead as soon as I'm targeted. The only thing preventing an immediate retarget is the meta knowledge that SK protection is usually stronger

no...no it isn't.

One time guard is the standard. That said, yeah it was essentially a more colorful one-time guard and in most circumstances you would likely die soon-after.

e: though I haven't played in a lot recent games, so...what is standard may have changed and I just didn't know it. I know a lot of recent games aren't "standard"

Egos on
  • Options
    Egos wrote: »

no...no it isn't.

One time guard is the standard.

The 2 other times I've been SK were once/night and all "weak" kills

• Options
    There is no point in arguing it here. Thanks for putting effort into the game and I'm sorry you feel cheated by shotty balance. It wasn't meant to be an easy role and you did very well in it, regardless.

The game was meant to be a filler game and I apologize if it caused aggravation .