As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] 2.0 has arrived! Weapons rebalanced! Time to Space Jam!

• BookerBooker Registered User regular
    So I've been trapped in a pillar of salt since the "no ascension" policy was expanded to exotics. Can someone remind me of what I should be hyped for? I'm planning to miss my Gheleon's Demise w/ EX rounds, Multi-Tool, Lord of Wolves, and Super Good Advice (who still has not had a voice actor cast for him).

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    That is fucking hilarious, NEW REDESIGNED AND REDEPLOYED IMPROVED EXOTIC NOW DOES THIS NEW COOL SHIT TOO, oh wait, no it doesnt, shit, forget we said that, aaaaah, I take it back!

hahahahaha, for fucks sake Bungie is this for real?

Sirialis on
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    oh motherfucker

They are toying with your emotions! FIGHT BACK GUARDIAN YOU CAN STILL WIN THIS ONE!

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    Booker wrote: »
    So I've been trapped in a pillar of salt since the "no ascension" policy was expanded to exotics. Can someone remind me of what I should be hyped for? I'm planning to miss my Gheleon's Demise w/ EX rounds, Multi-Tool, Lord of Wolves, and Super Good Advice (who still has not had a voice actor cast for him).

New cool weapons, items, content and raids? For me that overrides the old stuff going away, but if not, it could definitely cause some issues with your enjoyment level :(

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    It just makes me wonder how hard it would have been to just do a balance pass on the old exotics and basically blanket nerf the too good ones and/or slightly buff the bad ones while also giving us the small amount they are already giving us?

I mean the system is obviously already in place to let us bring any and all exotics into Y1.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Oh my goodness that No Backup Plan retraction.....

Bungie, guys, I love you, but don't put in content that isn't ready for prime time in your updates.

Hype level diminished (still at critical).

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    if you react negatively to the No Backup Plans stuff then you're just going to push them even further towards the whole 'tell the fans nothing because it might change' mentality

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    if you react negatively to the No Backup Plans stuff then you're just going to push them even further towards the whole 'tell the fans nothing because it might change' mentality

Because they're idiots when it comes to PR who apparently don't understand the fucking concept of proof reading things.

I think they're trying to make the best game they can but the PR side of it is fucking clown shoes.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish

Or they might just get better at proofreading their weekly updates!

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited August 2015

Which is the correct mentality.

I'd rather hear nothing until they're certain than this "it's this oh wait it's this oh wait no this" shit.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited August 2015

Or maybe its a sign that their PR department needs to be fired and replaced already, seriously, their PR has been one total trainwreck one after another for like, since launch.

Sirialis on
    also that No Backup Plans change would have made Titans as good as warlocks in PvP melee and we can't have that

:rotate:

edited August 2015
    I agree that their PR is a disaster but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I bet No Backup Plans worked like that earlier in the week when deej wrote the update and it was changed today and only the crucible team new about it or something.

Which is still pretty dumb but understandable.

DodgeBlan on

ObiFett wrote: »
    It just makes me wonder how hard it would have been to just do a balance pass on the old exotics and basically blanket nerf the too good ones and/or slightly buff the bad ones while also giving us the small amount they are already giving us?

I mean the system is obviously already in place to let us bring any and all exotics into Y1.

I'm sure they could have, but in the end their design "vision" wants to promote people going and getting new toys and the only way they appear confident in making that happen is to make it so people can't use their old ones. They are obviously afraid of powercreep/mudflation. I think most of us think it would be cool if they could just keep churning out new stuff that is equally exciting while being balanced and keep letting you have your old stuff as an up to date option as well. Design decisions in games in the past have shown that is a really, really hard thing to do in a "living" game where things move and change and often times ends up making an un-enjoyable experience for a lot of people. I think the reality is that they are aware of these missteps other games have made in the past and are simply not confident enough that their level of creativity will win out over the issues in the long run. So this is the way they chose to handle the situation.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    They don't have a test realm. They don't have a public place to try things out. They have repeatedly made a number blunders with regards to public communication. Sometimes radio silence feels bad, but that is better than continued feelings of "maybe they don't know what they are doing" coming out of weekly updates.

I sympathize quite a bit, but it's also continuous and hilarious.

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    for some reason I keep thinking this

But it says "No backup plans".

Oh! no no no! Its supposed to say "No, Backup plans!"

also that No Backup Plans change would have made Titans as good as warlocks in PvP melee and we can't have that

:rotate:

This~

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Admittedly, that ability would be absolutely bonkers in crucible.

But in PvP it's exactly what I want.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »

Works on contingency?

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    No, Money down!

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

Works on contingency?

*leans forward excitedly, extends hands to keyboard-*
    No, Money down!

*retracts hands, sits back, smiles*

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    edited August 2015
    Bungie has a messaging problem for sure.

Example 1:
    - We can't increase vault space because last gen! It's just impossible.
    - We doubled your vault space!

I'm not complaining about the vault space upgrade and I'm glad they did it. But they did it in a way that they explicitly said it wouldn't work (paging) because lol last gen.

Example 2:
    - We made a mistake by resetting exotics and invalidating raid gear. We won't do it again.
    - We are resetting exotics and and eliminating most of them. Also white gear is gonna be better than raid gear.

If this was Destiny 2 I could understand this. But its an expansion. With less content than the original game by far. Also it's not like we are a year removed from the two statements. The first statement was made right before HoW which was like 3 months ago? TTK had to have been pretty far in development by that time.

It feels like they are just saying what they need to say to cover their butts and keep the masses addicted. I guess that's what PR is supposed to do, but Bungie used to be soooo much better at it during their Halo years. It's not supposed to actually feel like lies covered in a reduction of truth.

ObiFett on
    Obi, you are so mad! It's upsetting me. I'm not saying it's silly or unjustified or that you aren't entitled to feel how you want/do.

I just want you to cheer up. Bungie's messaging is horrendous, though. Can't argue.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    I'm not mad. Just disappointed.

/Dadface

I mean I'm gonna be playing this tonight and pre-ordering the expansion tomorrow. Also I am taking the week of launch off to play it as well.

I love the game and the community.

I just hate some of the choices that are being made by Bungie and Activision.

• CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    m4g73e2oce7r.jpg

I feel like the people on this board could get some seriously delicious mileage out of the "Straight Outta..." Meme. Get on it Guardians!

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    I know this has already been posted and talked about. But it needs to be in this thread, too. Hypetastic highlight reel montage PvP TTK BBQ

https://youtu.be/KPYlGzZXPvA

• DacDac Registered User regular
    I wish they would also be unambiguous about whether they're bringing other Y1s to Y2 as time goes on or not. Last time it was 'this is is for right now', this time it seems some (like gjalla) will stay year 1 at year 1 levels.

Fucking be clear. It's the number one question on a lot of peoples' minds.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    @AngrySquirrel @dporowski I'll shoot you two invites around 8:40 PST. Setting up a 100 group in case anyone else wants in for XBONE VoG normal "WHAT IS THIS WHY IS EVERYTHING GLOWING WEEEE" new player run.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    New exotics will be one of:

- Better than old ones
    - Worse than old ones
    - The same as old ones

In the first case, the masses cry "OMG power creep my gun is obsolete invalidation boo!" and the designers have a sad because eventually the guns will all shoot planets. No, planets as bullets.

In the second case, the masses cry "OMG this new stuff is worthless!" because it is, and nobody ever uses the new stuff, so why is it there again and the artists cry.

In the third case, nobody has ever managed the third case, because all the key bits of the old stuff are unduplicateable perks and abilities, that if you clone them just create a Gjallarhorn 2.0 and if you don't clone them don't compare.

The elegant solution with the least chance of horking up your entire game balance, needing everyone to line up to purchase Gjallarbreakerthorn 2.0 30 seconds after release, or never needing to itemise another drop again because everyone is committed to permanently using something they got 3 weeks after the release of vanilla Destiny, is to just flatline EVERYTHING, nuke the loot from orbit, allow some of the exotics to upgrade, based on whether or not 99.9% of the players are attempting to use that gun at all times, and make new toys for everyone so maybe opening a loot package is more exciting than "yay, another gun that is not Gjallarbreakerthorn 2.0, I shall dismantle it immediately." Which, if you think about it, is like asking for the receipt at winter loot-dispensing holiday of choice.

Note that the ones they're upgrading are the kind of... Underwhelming ones. Nobody is gonna say anything about Juju other than "well it's pretty decent", and I'd expect Thorn to show up just as soon as they figure out a way to make it stop being Thorncible, Trials of Thornsiris, and Thornron Banner. They're visually striking and have serious lore hooks.

Gjallarhorn will probably reappear sometime too, once they figure out a way to make THAT stop being the only rocket launcher anyone wants or needs to use ever again.

Edit: Cool, I should be on, and if not message me and my phone will bing. I have never done it, but I figure at level 32 it shouldn't be too bad as long as my jobs revolve around "SHOOT THAT SHOOT IT SHOOT IT SHOOT IT IN THE EYE". Thanks!

dporowski on
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I fucking love when Shaxx says "This is amazing!"

Also can't we all just get along?

ElementWrath on
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Dammit Crota give me my useless crux already.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Dammit Crota give me my useless crux already.

19.95$ DLC.

Did you kill him 3 times or just once?

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    You bums need to let me bum a hard mode Crota kill for my year one trials already. :pop:

ALSO the other thing with the Skolas. :|

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    It's been a really, really busy week for me.

What'd I miss?

• OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

What'd I miss?
    A rollercoaster of emotions.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

What'd I miss?

EVERYTHING SOUNDS AMAZING

Well

Not to some people I guess

edited August 2015

What'd I miss?

They took old yellerhorn out back and shot it.

Also No Backup Plans are now awesom-wait no, they are not, we take it back.

Sirialis on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I got to 34!

now just to do a skolas kill and 49 public events for my emblem. Then take a break til taken king is out.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    So, aside from Ruin Wings and Surplus, are there any particular tricks/talents/exotics I'm overlooking for generating more heavy ammo? I'm trying to figure a way to be a swordsman in TTK since my Universal Remote is going to be collecting dust.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow