As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Friday, August 21, 2015 - Picture Day

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2015 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, August 21, 2015 - Picture Day

Picture Day

Picture Day

http://campcomic.com/comic/238

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    CartoonJunkie22CartoonJunkie22 Registered User regular
    Man, I have the feels from "school photo not available." And, from that frame of mind, Colin holding a football and looking sad kind of explains his whistle. Was he referee because he wasn't good enough to play? That hits a bit close to home as well.

Dangit, Katie. I wasn't expecting feelings from filler comics! (nicely done)

• Options
    WizarDruWizarDru Registered User regular
    We have learned about Colin's sad history (and the reason for the football, the whistle and MAAAGIC) earlier in the comic. Specifically here:
    http://campcomic.com/comic/colin

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    You can view Colin's backstory and the origin of the whistle in the past comics.
    http://campcomic.com/comic/46

Colin always makes me sad because I identify with him the most. Support from my dad now, but my little brother was the one who had his interest in football.

briguy on
  • Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    Gotta love Purdy's dedication in that portrait. She must have felt right at home in that all-girl private school!

• Options
    TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Someone needs to fire the photographers at Brian's and Braden's schools.

TrueLink on
  • Options
    They used Vaseline on the lens for Braden.
    Brian is just an imposing figure that it's impossible to capture all that he is in a single photo.

• Options
    Twister2Twister2 Registered User regular
    What
    Pls
    Seventeen should at least have enough paper and pencils to make her own self portrait.
    ...Right?

• Options
    theGrognardtheGrognard Registered User regular
    I can't wait to see more of Malachi's back story.

• Options
    droidurlookn4droidurlookn4 Registered User new member
    I can SOOO relate to a couple of these kids. THANK YOU, KATIE.

• Options
    Christian LeBlancChristian LeBlanc Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I just realized why Braden's was blurred, and felt more feelings http://campcomic.com/comic/224

Christian LeBlanc on
  • Options
    EightEight Registered User new member
    In a time when all my old favorites have either gone the way of old yeller, gotten too convoluted, or even up their own asses with 'fame' or politics, I have to say;
    This is easily one of my top 5 favorite comics ever. Its so simple and innocent and at times even mischievous.
    And little things like this page are exactly the reasons why.

• Options
    lanslolanslo Registered User new member
    I hope we get more of these, and more backstory. I am still dying to know what happened to the twins. Keep up the good work.

• Options
    CuervoCuervo Registered User new member
    You all see the cat, right?

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    I don't think Seventeen ever went to school, what with her being raised by hillbillies and also the fact that she is functionally illiterate. That would explain the lack of school portrait.

Also, I can't find the cat :(

• Options
    TinkererTinkerer Registered User new member
    edited August 2015
    Anyone else think that this could be a sign that Brian might be younger than we were thinking? Either that or he was held back several years? While he is wide he's not that tall so it makes more sense that the camera was set for kids a lot shorter than him. And I just realized that this is probably the most back story that we've gotten for Brian. Then again since he is of variable size (look at the meet the campers dimensions to your right) so I could be reading too far into things.

Tinkerer on
  • Options
    GehennahereticGehennaheretic Registered User new member
    Wow. Hardest cat search ever. I'm usually pretty good, but I admit, this one has me stumped.

• Options
    Really? I thought the cat was pretty obvious. Maybe the easiest one since the feral cat supply box strip.

• Options
    kidroguekidrogue Registered User new member
    Love all the school pics. It would have been nice to see some sort of school pic of Seventeen, even if it's only one randomly drawn by her, imagining what she would have looked like at school. Aw well, good stuff.

• Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I really am struggling to find the cat here...

• Options
    hajenhajen Registered User regular
    Senno wrote: »
    I really am struggling to find the cat here...
    my googly eyes might not be what they used to be, but I don't see the cat either; I believe those who profess its existence are just funning* the rest of the hoi polloi.
    it's been established that the 'hidden' kitteh only showed up after the 'feral cat' crate incident.
    IIRC a flashback had a kitteh in it, but was redacted and showed up in the 'now' section of the comic once.
    since these school pictures are before camp life, they too should be feline free.

Purdy's picture refreshed my ruminations of her eyes: does she have a medical condition? is she an alien?
    most interesting, she's the only one wearing any ornamentation - a choker with a bauble (unless she's the only one with a well developed Adam's Apple - another medical condition?!). what's up with that?

*lightly trolling

• Options
    Pak-ManPak-Man Registered User new member
    Malachi's smile is so strained and forced. Actually the only one who looks legitimately happy here is Braden. (I think...)

The campers did not live happy lives pre-camp.

• Options
    So, I was just thinking about Purdy. Do you think she goes to an girls boarding school? I thought she may have been a military brat, moving from place to place, based on the jacket and survival skills. But I wonder if she was put in boarding school and when that failed, her parents sent her off to camp. I still think military family, but maybe of like officer or higher rank.

• Options
    Spyke66Spyke66 Registered User regular
    @BRIGUY I think Purdy's parent/s were hunters

• Options
    Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    I love Purdy and Malachi's. Malachi looks like a president lol. I hope we get to see other camper school photos.