As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Champions Online] Psychic zombies, robot pirates, and Killdozer. 'Nuff said.

1474849505153»

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Which NPC are these claimable from? They temporarily pulled it to patch a possible abuse and knowing what to look for would make "log in, check if it's back" a lot easier; their event announcement just states An NPC In Renaissance Center.

[edit] There we go, it's the Clockwork agent standing in front of the big spinny cog.

Glal on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    After resisting vehicles forever, a friend gave me a jet-bike kitted out with mods (so I wouldn't have to pay attention to the vehicle mods thing which I have always ignored) and I have to say it's nice when starting out a new character. Those first ten levels go much faster, and it's also nice for melee characters if I want to do Lemuria missions.

• Options
    AgahnimAgahnim Registered User regular
    Anyone know if the costume sets on the C-Shop be unlocked in-game by other means, or are they strictly Zen based? I've been away for a long time but have an itching for some super-hero action.

2.jpg
    3DS FC: 2148-8300-8608 WiiU: AgahnimD
  • Options
    You can do missions to collection Questionite Ore, refine it (just means you're limited to refining X amount of ore per day) and then sell it to other players for Zen.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Derp, wrong thread

Hevach on
  • Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    Not quite the right thread for that, dear.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Still cool to see.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's a pretty big dumb on my part, not sure how I got that in the wrong thread.

• Options
    They're both perfect world games, I think?

• Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    By the same studio, in the same engine, sharing the same global chat.

Like seriously you can be in Star Trek and chat with someone in Champions or Neverwinter through a global chat channel, the Penny Arcade channel has people from all three. It'd be neat if it weren't for the Problems.

kafziel on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I've never really felt like it's problematic. Every once in a while I have to mute a thread because wrong-game chatter is detracting from what I'm doing in different-game, but for the most part it is really quite nice to be able to chat with the same group of people across several games.

There is a particular private channel which I'm in which started off as primarily CO, but these days it has people playing all 3 games in it, and I know them all. The channel remains lively to this day. It's pretty neat.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Something neat's coming out in September for those that still have characters in this game.

lxSceCL.jpg

Called Supervillain Onslaught, the update will allow players to temporarily adopt the guise and powers belonging to one of three powerful villains for around 10 minutes. During that time, you'll run and cause havoc throughout the actual, non-instanced Millennium City in an effort to take out new anti-villain NPCs for gear tokens while at the same time fending off players who're trying to take you down for tokens of their own though it'll take at least five to ten to stop your villain-boosted self. More about the update can be found here.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I'm not at all interested in this update, but I'm still glad to see they are actually doing SOMETHING with the game. I'll probably try it just to do my part in showing some support and that there's still interest in the product out there.

vamen on
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    That looks fun!

I might have to redownload this....for the 8th time.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Champions is always fun to come back to. And then a few days later I discover I'd burned through all the scant new content they'd put out since I last played two years ago, shrug and put it back down again.

Glal on
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    Just a heads-up, logging into CO between now and December 1st (9am PST) will get you a free freeform character slot.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Okay, yeah, I'll reinstall for that. Even thought I don't have a lot of power options.

• Options
    Jesus, 2015? Necroed!
    I reinstalled this game recently (because I got the Lifetime during Beta) and am blown away by the amount of people playing this.
    In addition to that is the crazy good costumes I have seen. Just so well thought out, with clever names to boot.
    There are auras, which I did not know existed, and and and it's fun. I don't know if thats because I can make fully customized costumes or the fact that it's free but I've been playing for about a month now.
    So there it is...just wanted to get that off my chest.
    My name is Shawnasee, and I'm playing CO.

• Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    CO continues to have my favorite action MMO character build/combat mechanics. You can go all-in with a particular theme and make it work, or cherry-pick powers from across the spectrum and make something hilariously broken. And then it's fun to play!

Well, fun until the 10 year old content wears out its welcome and there's nothing else to do, anyway.

• Options
    Sigh, stopped logging in about 2 weeks ago.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Why'd you stop? Just asking because I'm interested in trying out some mmos this year that I missed out on when they were new. Maybe if only to hit max level and quit.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Boredom...which happens.

Played from the Halloween event to Feb so that's a pretty good chunk of time.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    The big thing about CO is that the character creator is a lot of fun, but once you clear everything, well... there's not much incentive to keep logging in and playing. Everything starts to blend together, and the storytelling really isn't that great.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Every so often, I think that when I get a large chunk of disposable income, I might get a lifetime sub to Champions Online, but then not play it, because according to my Steam I played it for 2692 hours (and that was only after I realized it was on Steam) and I'm pretty sure I only ever spent $5 on it. And also that would unlock a whole bunch more costume parts and allow me to play with the creator and archetypes some more.

• Options
    Shadowen wrote: »
    ...according to my Steam I played it for 2692 hours...
    Fuck me sideways.

• Options
    Glal wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »
    ...according to my Steam I played it for 2692 hours...
    Fuck me sideways.

I would reshape the window so I could watch Youtube video series and suchlike and just grind the endgame adventures on reflex for questionite to trade for Zen to buy outfits. That was my leisure time for ~two years.

• Options
    That actually sounds pretty great, podcast games are so good. Unfortunately so very few games can drag me past the 30h mark