As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Mulligan

2»

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Am I the only person who thinks that Bungie's worldbuilding has always been pretentious twaddle? Way back in the original Halo days I remember getting annoyed that the main military ship was called the Pillar of Autumn, which is high school poetry no military on the planet would ever come up with, and that the artificial intelligence in the Halo was called Guilty Spark for no apparent reason? And Halo 2 got even worse with the Prophet of Regret and the rest of the Covenant nonsense.

I guess Destiny just reached pretension critical mass?

I always just thought they were random words thrown together, like on a Japanese t-shirt.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • MenasorMenasor Registered User regular
    So I just subscribed to PS Plus and did the strike where this line happens for the first time. Needless to say I was a bit taken aback that it was an actual line, and simultaneously hilarious as I thought about this comic. Every time I play that strike I'm gonna think about this now.

Destiny PS4: Earthen1
  • His ShadowHis Shadow Registered User regular
    I will not understand the complaints regarding Dinklage's voice work. Bungie holds all the power, all the creative control. We know from the prerelease demos that the voice work has been severely cut back in the release version. And with every character I've created (now at 3) I find the lack of the usual pointers and plot cues in the character origin phase increasingly weird, and yet that too has nothing to do with Dinklage. But I look forward to the The Taken King nonetheless, because I cannot stop playing this 'king game.