As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Android:Netrunner] The only time Bad Publicity isn't a thing to worry about.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    PMAvers is correct, but there's other ways to use Power Shutdown. Uncorrodable was a deck that relied on Power Shutdown, Archer, Grim, and then nothing but barriers. Essentially you never have to Power Shutdown for more than two, because (at the time) Corroder was the only barrier breaker being used. With Archived Memories and Jackson, you could recur PS up to 15 times, so long as you didn't deck yourself in the process.

TBH, you could reasonably slot 3 in to every single deck, just to dick over Faerie, Clone Chip, and Datasucker. If it hit anything better than that, it's gravy.

It can hit Street Peddlar for 0c now as well, and Net Ready Eyes.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    here's a thing that happened last week I forgot to say anything about

Played a game as runner in which I got nine bad pub

I lost that game

It was a haarpsichord deck with nothing but 1-pointers, midseasons, and meat damage, eventually he was able to stick a tag with breaking news and hit me with closed accounts

I've been playing something like this, but without the closed accounts. So much fun. Film critic and imp can kill it dead if they come out early enough, though. Scored three Profiteering in a game tonight and took allllllll the money. Killed that guy, and almost killed another, but hit an I've Had Worse with a Traffic Accident before the Scorched. I knew he had one, and figured TA was less likely to hit it and give a chance for the kill, but ah well.

I may stick a closed accounts in there as well.

closed accounts is easily the most underrated tag punishment card

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Street Peddler's a resource/connection, though, and Power Shutdown is hardware/programs only.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I think I have to stick with Noise. I played a game as PPVP against NBN and I was super dismayed at the lack of imp.

• evilgazevilgaz Nordic National Champion 2015 Nottingham, UKRegistered User new member
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Tell him to stop stealing our women jobs tournament prizes and also something something closed borders.
    That plastic trophy is back in the monastery on Lindisfarne, where is belongs.
    Dis' wrote: »
    Gaz is such a nice guy, though I have eternal hatred of him for getting my name wrong in one of his write ups ;).
    Shut it Rupert. Sadly, that doesn't narrow it down much... Phil/Andy? Kenton/Hancock? Could be anyone. :biggrin:

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    So...it may be an aberration, but is there something I'm supposed to be doing on octgn other than making rooms and waiting? Is there ELO on octgn? Am I on the shadow ban list?

• EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    I've been thinking about what to run at my tournament this Sunday. I think I'll run Butchershop but try to put in some Film Critic mitigation. Maybe Snatch and Grab or Sea Source to tag and trash? I've also been thinking about maybe trying to put in a copy of Manhunt? If you Film Critic, I will stack the tags on you one way or another.

I think I'll also need to put in a couple IHW in my Noise deck. I don't know what the guy who made the deck said about being too rich all the time to be Midseasoned. I die to damage often enough that I need some mitigation. IHW also gives me some consistency.
    evilgaz wrote: »
    Tell him to stop stealing our women jobs tournament prizes and also something something closed borders.
    Gaz is such a nice guy, though I have eternal hatred of him for getting my name wrong in one of his write ups ;).
    Shut it Rupert. Sadly, that doesn't narrow it down much... Phil/Andy? Kenton/Hancock? Could be anyone. :biggrin:

Funnily enough, I'm Phil/Andy!

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    So...it may be an aberration, but is there something I'm supposed to be doing on octgn other than making rooms and waiting? Is there ELO on octgn? Am I on the shadow ban list?

How long are you waiting for and at what time of day? I generally end up waiting at least few minutes unless I'm on there at peak NA times.

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    evilgaz wrote: »

Man, he's here, this place is going to hell!

Might be going to a GNK at the weekend in Sheffield. Tempted to take some nonsense with me, like the Haarpsichord deck or my Cybernetics Mu-Shin deck. Vanity Project has some legs in that, I think.

Dunno about runner side. I've been getting better with the Noise Faust deck, but possibly not enough to feel comfortable playing it in a tournament. The Hayley Lizard deck I'm familiar with but it's still too slow. Maybe the Valencia deep dig deck, but CVS seem to be all over the place these days.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Anyone interested in doing a Team Tournament at Worlds? Represent PA?
    Team Tournament at Worlds

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

this seems like an appropriate time to mention that I'm probably gonna be helping out at the PAX netrunner tournament

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Anyone interested in doing a Team Tournament at Worlds? Represent PA?
    Team Tournament at Worlds

I'm already booked in for a team, but I'd definitely like to meet if you are at Worlds, the same goes for any other PA'ers who are going :biggrin:

this seems like an appropriate time to mention that I'm probably gonna be helping out at the PAX netrunner tournament

Please don't tell me that the alt art is only available at PAX, I will cry... so much...

edited August 2015
    well it's the same art, just full bleed

not sure if it's pax-exclusive

Shorty on
    edited August 2015
    Shorty on
  • EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    I want a copy of that ice bad.

edited August 2015
    That's vastly cooler than most of the alt ID's. More usable, too.

Stupid sexy Tenma's.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    I want to do something obnoxious with Old Hollywood Grid, six different agendas and irritating currents in Blue Sun.

Random stupid ID idea:

The Bank
    Weyland ID
    50/0

During deck-building, you may choose one non-Weyland faction. Cards from that faction do not count against your influence limit.

The rez and play costs of cards of the chosen faction are increased by their influence cost.

There is no problem that cannot be overcome by throwing more money at it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    So ANCUR does not have old hollywood up yet....is R&D/HQ a server? As in, can I put old hollywood grid on R&D or HQ and have it work?

So ANCUR does not have old hollywood up yet....is R&D/HQ a server? As in, can I put old hollywood grid on R&D or HQ and have it work?

yes

Yum. Some really delicious IG jank incoming then.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Got a GNK tournament today! I'm dropping leela and my HB kill deck due to meta shenanigans and I'm going to try out a rush non-sansan HB deck with spiderwebs and a Kate drip econ deck

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Yum. Some really delicious IG jank incoming then.

Yeah its awesome...and hosed by film critic so hard.

Yeah I'm changing from my punitive deck purely because of film critic :(

film critic will fall out of favor some day....right?

It'll rotate in like five years or so.

edited August 2015
    Or there'll be some silver bullets that make it easier to kill 'em.

Or just more regular bullets, they work okay.

Personally, I think it would've been less annoying if it scaled depending on the agenda, or if it at least eventually counted as stealing the agenda.

Like with the former, maybe making it work sorta like a Personal Workshop, when it gets hosted the agenda gets X power counters. X being the advancement requirement, and for a click you can take a power token off a agenda. Bigger agendas, bigger data dumps you have to sort through to find the real story/valuable information, and it gives the corp some time to actually round up their private security troops and go rolling out to recover it.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Eh, I honestly don't think it'll end up being THAT good. I think it's kind of like Clot. Clot is like pretty good, didn't ruin FA though. It'll just require some decks occasionally have snatch and grab or something.

I say again

old Hollywood introduced a lot of cool and interesting cards

most of which are made irrelevant by film critic

Film critic seems like the lotus field yog paradigm or rabbits and wolves where a good year for rabbits is followed by a good year for wolves and on in a cycle, just more sweeping. It does seem like it could have been two inf to limit it showing up everyyywherre for a while.

Well the thing is that it's shaper, who were probably hardest hurt by the stuff it counters at the moment.

Would've been more interesting in crim for the meta IMO

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty much going to HB at this point, simply because I don't care at all about Film Critic in that deck. Just let me turtle up in my servers, protect them with Ash/Caprice/Batty, and score out agendas. Needs a good answer to Noise, but otherwise I'm good.

Also, Film Critic combined with The Source and New Angeles City Hall is freaking annoying. They never go away!

Went 5-3 today with these new decks. The Kate deck was pretty brutal if I was allowed any space to set up. Should've won my first game with her but I miscounted my credits and did a vamp click 3 instead of 4 (and taking a credit on 3) to stop a punitive counterstrike after I stole a Government Takeover. pretty sad about that.

Anyway, because I'm a madman I've concocted a new Leela deck to test out!
    The Boxing Kangaroo- Tri-maf edition

Leela Patel: Trained Pragmatist (All That Remains)

Event (11)
    3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
    2x Inside Job (Core Set)
    3x Special Order (Core Set)
    3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (8)
    3x Desperado (Core Set)
    2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
    3x R&D Interface (Future Proof) ••••• •

Resource (17)
    3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
    3x Decoy (Core Set)
    3x Fall Guy (Double Time)
    2x Film Critic (Old Hollywood) ••
    2x Gang Sign (The Underway)
    2x Off-Campus Apartment (Breaker Bay) ••
    2x Tri-maf Contact (Honor and Profit)

Icebreaker (9)
    1x Breach (Honor and Profit)
    1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
    3x Faerie (Future Proof)
    1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
    1x Mimic (Core Set)
    1x Passport (Honor and Profit)
    1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) ••

Program (1)
    1x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)
    15 influence spent (max 15)
    46 cards (min 45)
    Cards up to Old Hollywood

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

@Cerberus I am curious about your thoughts!

Went 5-3 in the GNK today, then took fourth in the top 8 cut. Top 8 cut in a tournament with 18 people seems a needless time sink, to be honest, especially for a GNK. Haarpsichord kill deck did ok, killing a couple of people and boarding the Astrotrain once, but Noise was much more reliable. A good half of the decks in the tournament were Noise today. More variety in the corp side, but a fair amount of HB Glacier.

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    We did a small team tournament today that kinda showcased to me how un-fun Film Critic is.
    I used it, and played against it several times, and it just does too much work for the cost. You actively laugh in Jinteki's face now, and Weyland suffers despite also being the faction with the best tools to combat it. For every "Snatch and Grab is the solution!" comment, I feel like pointing out that there are a number of amazing connections these days and, yes, while it's great to trash them, you're hard pressed to afford it. Not to mention some runners still run tag avoidance and can shrug it off regardless. Considering how little a dent Clot actually made on the game, and how AIs are kind of a big deal again, it feels like we're immediately being pushed back to HB and NBN fast-advance being the good decks to play because they aren't doing fancy things with their agendas - just scoring them.

I know some of this has to be hyperbole on my end because you can't pack everything in one deck, but Film Critic seems like such a colossal silver bullet and one that runners can easily afford. I just hate that it exists, and is immediately an above-par answer to fun things that were just starting to round the bend (Oh, hey, NBN finally gets a 4th ID? How about this card completely neuters it for shits and giggles?).
    #PretentiousBastards ;P

edited August 2015
    Stupid Weyland asset idea:

Whenever you would do meat damage, you may instead trash a resource.

PSF finally has a way to shine.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I like it. Instead of shooting the runner, you're shooting all their friends and contacts. Maybe a ID ability?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    so apparently the corp can install, advance and score agendas hosted on Film Critic, because it has the same wording as Djinn

crucially, they can't do this with agendas that are hosted through the card's own ability--those are explicitly considered to be not installed

this has unfortunate ramifications for Glenn Station, which also has the same wording, which means that you can technically install agendas in a place where runners can't get them, and just score out

so apparently the corp can install, advance and score agendas hosted on Film Critic, because it has the same wording as Djinn

crucially, they can't do this with agendas that are hosted through the card's own ability--those are explicitly considered to be not installed

this has unfortunate ramifications for Glenn Station, which also has the same wording, which means that you can technically install agendas in a place where runners can't get them, and just score out

Is Lukas high? I guess then that now you just run some one pointers so you can install them on there and just kind of waste the runner's time. Or IAA TFP and let them steal it. If they don't have two clicks left over then you can just score it off Film Critic!

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    ChaosHat wrote: »

Is Lukas high? I guess then that now you just run some one pointers so you can install them on there and just kind of waste the runner's time. Or IAA TFP and let them steal it. If they don't have two clicks left over then you can just score it off Film Critic!

You seem to fundamentally misunderstand what is going on here. As Shorty already said, this does NOT work for agendas that are hosted on Film Critic through its ability. However, if, for example, you were opposed to triggering an Astrolabe draw, you are, by the rules, allowed to install your own agenda on Film Critic and advance it there. As it is hosted, the runner can still score it on their turn, so this really only works for Breaking News / Hostile Takeover. However the offshot is that Glenn Station is worded exactly the same, meaning Weyland could score it, and then use it as an untouchable server to score anything else from (installing via normal install instead of its click hosting ability).

Installing your Future Perfect and letting the runner steal it on film critic is not advised. It will end only in heartbreak for you.

ArcticLancer on
This discussion has been closed.