As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    all I see is aidan. again.

and he canceled. so do I just wait here or something?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    lurkerxlurkerx Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    give me a second i'm busy adding friend codes and it takes like 5 minutes to save

lurkerx on
    contact - 4081 0453 4825
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    oh god. I connected with eyes5. I haven't been this wet since I last met her at pax. D:

so now I'm just leaving the connection thing on for anyone else on the island to connect.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    cursor101cursor101 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Ok I'm on. Waiting.

Folks have to register each other in order to make contact, right?

cursor101 on
    MK:DS 451051-559978
    Guy1: There's nothing bitchin about the games soundtrack. It's practically all elevator music.

Guy2: That's just hilariously stupid. I can't imagine playing a fighting game with "Girl from Ipanema" playing in the background.
  • Options
    Eyes5Eyes5 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    PikaPuff wrote:
    oh god. I connected with eyes5. I haven't been this wet since I last met her at pax. D:

so now I'm just leaving the connection thing on for anyone else on the island to connect.
    o_O :...:

[spoiler:dc6d6dc9fc] <3 [/spoiler:dc6d6dc9fc] ...

Eyes5 on
  • Options
    aidanaidan Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Pika, we've already made Contact, so I should be on your Wifisland.

Which means we're basically done and don't need to make contact again.

aidan on
    A Dribble of Ink

adribbleofink_banner.jpg

Check out my blog, A Dribble of Ink, where you'll find everything from reviews and interviews to articles and asides. If you're a fan of Fantasy or Science Fiction you won't be disappointed!
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    K, got Lurker, but now Pika isn't showing up. Dammit, maybe I tapped your code wrong.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    cursor101cursor101 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    cursor101 wrote:
    Ok I'm on. Waiting.

Folks have to register each other in order to make contact, right?

Got bottm'd.

EDIT: Just made contact with a "xxx"? Who the hell is that? Waiting on lurker, Pika, and Eye5.

cursor101 on
    MK:DS 451051-559978
    Guy1: There's nothing bitchin about the games soundtrack. It's practically all elevator music.

Guy2: That's just hilariously stupid. I can't imagine playing a fighting game with "Girl from Ipanema" playing in the background.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    anyone else left?
    that was me

lurkerx on
    contact - 4081 0453 4825
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    K, got Lurker, but now Pika isn't showing up. Dammit, maybe I tapped your code wrong.
    looks like I forgot to add your name. try now.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    PikaPuff wrote:
    looks like I forgot to add your name. try now.
    Yeah, I've got you now. And dammit, Lurker, your avatar kicked my ass!

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    aidans had an afro and gave me an earth skill
    cursour is some sort of cow masked guy, gave me a water skill
    junk gave me a fire skill and looked like kenny
    Boxing gloves from pikapuff
    eye5 was some weird robot thing and i got a wind boost.

whats the deal with the cats?

lurkerx on
    contact - 4081 0453 4825
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    -aidan is a robot this can gave me a wind skill
    -junk is a rabbit that keeps getting pissed that I laugh at him (cuz he's a bunny) and gets in a fight with me. and whenever I kick his ass he gives me a rose.
    -xxx is a giant cow that gave me blue eyes 14, just like I gave to aidan.
    -eyes5 was a white.. thing in a scarlett robe with hoodie that gave me a fire skill. and keeps talking about metroid.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    xxx looks like a little pink bunny who attacked me... and fell to my sword and then gave me a rose. Weird.

Pikapuff is a big cow that gave me "Blue Eyes Vol. 14"

Junk has some funky cone on his head and gave me some boxing gloves.

One question: Why is Wifisland so friggin' confusing? It almost seems like it was going to be a dungeon at one point before that idea was dropped and they through it in there for an online feature.

aidan on
    A Dribble of Ink

adribbleofink_banner.jpg

Check out my blog, A Dribble of Ink, where you'll find everything from reviews and interviews to articles and asides. If you're a fan of Fantasy or Science Fiction you won't be disappointed!
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Just finished the storyline, and would like to make Contact... but it seems the groups are all full. D: Just, uh, let me in the next group, please.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Am I the only one who finds the old man to be a bit perverted considering how he keeps telling Terry to go take a bath..?

chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
  • Options
    aeolistaeolist Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I am almost at the end of the game and I don't have more than 3 skills in any one set. Is there something special you have to do to get the rest or is it just endless grinding?

aeolist on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    To those who just started, if you found a rusty knife, where did you find it? I mistakenly sold mine near the beginning of the game, but now want to go back and grab one of every item. Information as to its whereabouts would be appreciated.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    endlosnullendlosnull Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Jesuits wrote:
    To those who just started, if you found a rusty knife, where did you find it? I mistakenly sold mine near the beginning of the game, but now want to go back and grab one of every item. Information as to its whereabouts would be appreciated.
    [spoiler:ef93874a80]You can find one by fishing in the Dragons and Dragons game in the mall island.[/spoiler:ef93874a80]

endlosnull on
    sig02.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    endlosnull wrote:
    Jesuits wrote:
    [spoiler:e23b19606b]You can find one by fishing in the Dragons and Dragons game in the mall island.[/spoiler:e23b19606b]

<3<3<3

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    BelenusBelenus Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    aeolist wrote:
    I am almost at the end of the game and I don't have more than 3 skills in any one set. Is there something special you have to do to get the rest or is it just endless grinding?

I think the game just encourages hardcore specialization. I do fists and cooking and pretty much nothing else, because there is like, no way you can level up anything else to a reasonable level without spending the rest of your life doing so.

I have noticed that using skills makes a more significant jump in the exp bar than just punching everything into oblivion, but that might be kind of a "duh" observation.

EDIT:

aeolist wrote:
    Belenus wrote:
    So where's the left stone hand? I couldn't find it in the main pyramid anywhere.
    Someone said before that it's in [spoiler:ea02b81e14]the pyramid you buy the deed to enter.[/spoiler:ea02b81e14]

I haven't done it myself so I don't know if that's true, but it seems likely. I've looked everywhere else.

Actually that's the left FOOT. It's funny because I actually ventured into GameFAQs seeking the answer, and I would excitedly click on any topic that had the word "left" in the title, only to be crushed by infinite posts that say "Get the deed!" "HOW I MINE FOR DEED?" "in the desert n00b!" "post deleted by moderator" and so forth.

I did get the deed though, and it wasn't as bad as I expected. All that gold those bats were dropping turned out to be pretty useful.

Apparently no one has trouble with finding the left hand (they're all in the main pyramid except for the torso and left foot), and no one has made a list of locations yet, so I'm temporarily screwed.

Belenus on
    Contact Friend Code: 4038.0854.4554
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Does anyone know what you need to do to be able to cook level 2 food? My cooking skill is level 32 or something and I want to finish my recipes.

Taya on
  • Options
    SisterRaySisterRay Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Taya wrote:
    Does anyone know what you need to do to be able to cook level 2 food? My cooking skill is level 32 or something and I want to finish my recipes.

I'm at 29 and I was wondering the same thing. According to gamefaqs, you need to be [spoiler:5161a0e521]level 55[/spoiler:5161a0e521]

Weak!

SisterRay on
    360: SEN0R MachoSolo
    PSN: PalaceBrother
  • Options
    rightbelowrightbelow Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    SisterRay wrote:
    Taya wrote:

I'm at 29 and I was wondering the same thing. According to gamefaqs, you need to be [spoiler:97f052eafa]level 55[/spoiler:97f052eafa]

Weak!
    Ugh, that sucks. That would take a ridiculous amount of barbequing

rightbelow on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [spoiler:e35f952230]Ayaka (the video game girl) asked to be Terry's girlfriend but she's not on the ship anywhere. What's going on? I killed a lot of people for her.[/spoiler:e35f952230]

Spoilered, apparantly. People were talking about this earlier.

Taya on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Taya wrote:
    [spoiler:fb7966890a]Ayaka (the video game girl) asked to be Terry's girlfriend but she's not on the ship anywhere. What's going on? I killed a lot of people for her.[/spoiler:fb7966890a]
    D:

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Taya wrote:
    [spoiler:44fd36694d]Ayaka (the video game girl) asked to be Terry's girlfriend but she's not on the ship anywhere. What's going on? I killed a lot of people for her.[/spoiler:44fd36694d]
    D:
    It has nothing to do with the plot and you'll most likely need to look up what to do anyway.

Taya on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I can't find the [spoiler:85f7926062]stone head[/spoiler:85f7926062]

To be perfectly honest, I also can't find the [spoiler:85f7926062]archaeologist[/spoiler:85f7926062] I am supposed to give it to. Any suggestions?

SisterRay on
  • Options
    RonenRonen Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Woah, if group 4 is still active I'm gonna jump on for some Contactin'.

Edit: Guess I just missed it. :( Nobody's on anymore.

Ronen on
    Go play MOTHER3

or Brawl. 4854.6102.3895 Name: NU..
  • Options
    BelenusBelenus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    SisterRay wrote:
    I can't find the [spoiler:a01deeeecd]stone head[/spoiler:a01deeeecd]

To be perfectly honest, I also can't find the [spoiler:a01deeeecd]archaeologist[/spoiler:a01deeeecd] I am supposed to give it to. Any suggestions?

Ok, in the pyramid with the locked door, there's a long hallway.

Behind the final pillar on the right is a secret passage, leading to the item in question.

And the guy you're supposed to give it to should be bebopping around town after you've entered some of the pyramids. I'm not sure what triggers it.

Belenus on
    Contact Friend Code: 4038.0854.4554
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Ronen wrote:
    Woah, if group 4 is still active I'm gonna jump on for some Contactin'.

Edit: Guess I just missed it. :( Nobody's on anymore.
    I don't like how the online works. i'd leave the game on for you to connect, but I have to accept it, and I'm going to sleep.

if you can pm me or something tomorrow I can jump online for ya or something. :|

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Wooh, just got this game, and all I can say is I lurve it. With... much lurve.

Currently going around in some sorta aqua ninja suit wondering where this thiefish suit is, BUT I SHALL FIND IT.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Belenus wrote:
    Behind the final pillar on the right is a secret passage, leading to the item in question.

Done, thank you! I had totally forgotten that the guy was actually in one of the pyramids.

SisterRay on
  • Options
    Daemon_AconisDaemon_Aconis Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I've been playing Contact for the past few days. While it has charm, several flaws rack up against it.

However, I was still willing to recommend it to my friends, as the charm outweighed the flaws.

That is, until the Pyramid Boss.

I have never, EVER before played a game where the boss was designed not to be difficult because they were interesting, but because the controls we so godawfully designed for such a battle.

They literally designed a boss as counterintuitive to the controls as possible.

Daemon_Aconis on
    unitedstatesofcommunismvy1.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    They literally designed a boss as counterintuitive to the controls as possible.

I beat that boss by accident while trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

Judging from the Pyramid and Ft. Eagle bosses, Grasshopper needs some serious lessons in player guidance.

SisterRay on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I actually found the Pyramid boss to be much easier than the Ft. Eagle boss because I didn't have that [spoiler:c86df83c8b]random health effect keeping me from attacking.[/spoiler:c86df83c8b]

All you had to do was

[spoiler:c86df83c8b]position yourself with a quick attacking weapon to where the alien was gonna be[/spoiler:c86df83c8b]

chaossoldier on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Agreed on the Pyramid boss.

Everyone was going on an on about Ft. Eagle boss, but it was the damn Aegis boss that gave me trouble: I had no idea what was going on the entire time until he just died.

I wasn't impressed.

aidan on
    A Dribble of Ink

adribbleofink_banner.jpg

• Options
    schlewschlew Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Wait, does someone from group 4 want to contact or something? I'm down. Are you still on Ronen?

schlew on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    If you have the boss spelled out for you, it makes it way too easy. Think of how fast you would have breezed through them if you knew what you were doing from the start.

chaossoldier on
  • Options
    schlewschlew Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    If you have the boss spelled out for you, it makes it way too easy. Think of how fast you would have breezed through them if you knew what you were doing from the start.

So I think I beat the Ft. Eagle boss by accident...

[spoiler:923a630cf7] Do the + and - squares do anything besides showing a video on the top screen? The "Inside GHM" one was cute.[/spoiler:923a630cf7]

schlew on