As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Prime 2015 [hotel] partners and other hotel discussion

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Got an email that I had double booked, so I'll be dropping a Aug 25-31 double bed at the Crown Plaza in the next few minutes - the rate is $171/nt + tax. and its gone.

Thanks for the heads up either way!

edited July 2015
    Those who are still in hotel limbo might want to refresh onPeak a bunch today since PAX is sending out emails for people to confirm their reservations this morning. Already am seeing a couple of rooms opening up from dropped reservations!

I'll be dropping my double room Sheraton reservation in a few minutes for those interested. Got different accommodations that suits my group better.

IncreaseBlue on
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    There are currently rooms at the Renaissance, Roosevelt and Springhill up for grabs.

• PepawPepaw Registered User new member
    Don't know if it belongs here but I'm getting to Seattle early. Gonna try and get a spot at the Green Tortoise Hostel from the 25th and dipping on the 27th for another spot. Anyone wanna room together and kick it?

• adele822adele822 Registered User regular
    Has anyone ever paid for their hotel in advance? And not had the hotel screw it up when you went to check out and try and charge you again? I'm just trying to space out the multitude of expenses I'm going to have at the end of August...

• GrimWulfGrimWulf Registered User regular
    They sent out confirmations of bookings? Eep didn't get a single conf.

GrimWulf wrote: »
    They sent out confirmations of bookings? Eep didn't get a single conf.

Sorry I should clarify. They sent out emails to people that had duplicate reservations made under the same name. I assume this is because they're getting ready to send out the appropriate reservation information to the hotels.

• DScribeDScribe Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    My hotel situation is a mess right now. I'm arriving Thursday and checking in at the Hilton, and checking out Friday because I couldn't book the weekend. Then I'm going to the Fairmont Olympic Hotel and checking in Friday-Monday. I really hope Fri/Sat/Sun opens up for the Hilton so I can cancel my Fairmont reservation.

It sucks how close I'm cutting it on costs this year.

Edit: I see the W has Thurs-Mon open, but at $210 I'm gonna keep hoping some nights at the Hilton get freed up. Cross your fingers for me.

DScribe on
    I had a similar problem with the Roosevelt but eventually gave up because nothing opened up for the nights that I needed. -_- Hope you snag the Hilton rooms you need!

• DScribeDScribe Registered User regular
    Woohoo! Spent a large portion of the day going back and forth to my computer to refresh the OnPeak site. I finally saw 1 room had opened up at the Renaissance, and got all 4 of my rooms (at one hotel =P) for $194 a night. So happy.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I just canceled a reservation at The Moore from 8/26-9/1 (1 bed with bathroom (it's an old hotel with some shared baths)).
    It doesn't look like it's hit the system yet. But I got the cancellation email.

And I canceled Tuesday & Wednesday(8/25-8/26) at The Sheraton. I know they aren't PAX days, but they are sold out anyway. Those aren't showing either, so it might take some time to open up again.

YoungFrey on
  • jamsyarbotsjamsyarbots Wilmington, DERegistered User regular
    I saw somewhere else in the forums that some people have received email confirmation that their reservations have been moved to their hotel. Has anyone staying at the sheraton gotten a confirmation yet?

edited August 2015
    I saw somewhere else in the forums that some people have received email confirmation that their reservations have been moved to their hotel. Has anyone staying at the sheraton gotten a confirmation yet?

No, and looking at my email, they said it will likely be about 1 week before the reservation starts. My inference is based on this bit:
    Hotel Confirmation Number: Available approximately 1 week prior to the event for participating hotels.

YoungFrey on
  • kabutodudekabutodude Registered User regular
    I received my confirmation from the homewood on the 7th. I think they do it in batches, so not all reservations will get transferred over at once.

If anyone is still looking several rooms are available on the site, including Courtyard, Mayflower, Roosevelt, Motif and quality in.

• MiraMira Registered User new member
    Unused wedding hotel block rooms available to PAX attendees - $169/night!

We are having our wedding PAX weekend, and we have several discounted hotel rooms we’re on the hook for that were not booked by our guests, so we’re hoping we can find some PAX attendees in need of rooms to help us out!

The rooms are at the Hotel Deca, located at 4507 Brooklyn Ave NE in the University District. While not downtown, it is within one block of several direct bus lines to downtown (#43, #49, #71, #72, & #73), so it will be a breeze to bus down to PAX each day (bonus - no downtown parking hassles!). The rooms are $169/night + tax. That’s the contracted rate and the rate we have to pay whether anybody uses them or not - we’re not asking for anything extra.

Here are the number of rooms we have per night (you can combine for multiple night stays, or just take one night if that’s all you need):
    Thursday, August 27 - 7 rooms
    Friday, August 28 - 4 rooms
    Saturday, August 29 - 6 rooms

It may be possible to extend your stay through Sunday or Monday night, but you would need to contact the hotel directly to do so. The rooms we had to pay for are just Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (since the wedding is Friday night).

If you are interested or have any questions, please PM me on these forums (serious inquiries only please, I AM in the final weeks of wedding planning!). No cash need change hands at all, we can just list you as the guest checking in and you would then pay for the room yourself upon checkout at the discounted rate. Easy peasy.

• mljonirmljonir Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Managed to snag a room yesterday at the Motif for Friday and Sunday night (no Saturday). Went back today to see if Saturday opened up and it's $421 for Saturday night o_o

• teebone8291teebone8291 Silicon Valley, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    mljonir wrote: »
    Managed to snag a room yesterday at the Motif for Friday and Sunday night (no Saturday). Went back today to see if Saturday opened up and it's $421 for Saturday night o_o

wtf? 421 for one night that just crazy.. it not like they are a 5 star hotel...

edit: it look let the discount ended. and all the pricing shot back up to the reg pricing.. that suck for the last min pep.

teebone8291 on

I'd go back on, I just checking and the price for the Motif is showing $195/night - there is one room left for Fri & Sat. Some of the other hotels are showing rooms and the prices are range wildly. Crazy, but maybe its just a glitch. Either way I'd jump on that last Fri & Sat!

• mljonirmljonir Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I'd go back on, I just checking and the price for the Motif is showing $195/night - there is one room left for Fri & Sat. Some of the other hotels are showing rooms and the prices are range wildly. Crazy, but maybe its just a glitch. Either way I'd jump on that last Fri & Sat!

I'm seeing Saturday available but only for $421 still :/
    Oh well... I'd almost rather have a room there Monday night but that's sold out too >___>

I'm seeing Saturday available but only for $421 still :/
    Oh well... I'd almost rather have a room there Monday night but that's sold out too >___>

I think it was some sort of glitch. I could see the price and started the booking process just to test it out. I don't know why they would raise the prices. I do feel for anyone trying to get a last minute booking.

• DonovanKreedDonovanKreed Registered User regular
    Anyone heard any good things about the Fairmont Olympic? I grabbed a room there cause everything else was full.

Anyone heard any good things about the Fairmont Olympic? I grabbed a room there cause everything else was full.

I don't think I've ever seen anything negative about the Fairmont Olympic. Every review I've read or heard has been extremely positive.

• DuelLadySDuelLadyS Registered User regular
    Has anyone received a confirmation from the Hyatt yet? I'm not sure if I need to be worried or not...

• adele822adele822 Registered User regular
    I have a room at the Paramount one night, and the Motif the other. I still haven't gotten confirmations from either. I suspect any day now though.. we're almost a week away!

• tkywatkywa Registered User regular
    DuelLadyS wrote: »
    Has anyone received a confirmation from the Hyatt yet? I'm not sure if I need to be worried or not...

No, I didn't get one either. But OnPeak still lists my reservation as a go, so I'm not going to worry yet.

• LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    If you haven't received your confirmation from the hotel yet, give the hotel a call to confirm- I did so for the Crowne Plaza yesterday, without issue.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
    Got a confirmation email from Crowne Plaza yesterday. Will probably call them to verify check in/check out times but it looks like they got the onpeak info ok.

I still haven't gotten a confirmation email but I called the sheraton and they were able to confirm my reservation.

• EihBeirEihBeir Registered User regular
    I've heard nothing from the hotel, and the only confirmation I had came from OnPeak when I made the reservation. I had jumped hotels a few times through OnPeak, so I got nervous from the silence. Called Paramount to confirm, and after a quick hold session, they had all my info. HUGE load off my mind.

If you're not sure, call. Do it now, because I'm sure they'll be swamped the week of.

• tkywatkywa Registered User regular
    I checked online with my rewards account and my Hyatt reservation is listed. Phew, everything must have gone through okay.

I still haven't received a confirmation yet so I called the hotel to confirm, and they have the reservation. HUGE relief!

• ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    The robot over the phone was able to confirm my reservation at the Grand Hyatt. I was very impressed with their voice recognition. It sounded like they added typing sounds to make it seem as if the robot was typing in my details. :P

Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus
  • TamwulfTamwulf Registered User regular
    I got the Clarion Hotel right across the street from SEATAC! Wooo! Light Rail for me everyday. I just hope a Mt. Dew truck doesn't park across the tracks and my train hits it like it did in 2013. http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/2014/08/03/13119936/

Personally, I was hoping for at least a free Mt. Dew.

Witty Comments Require No Explanation,
    Sarcasm Allows None.
  • jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    Just released a 2 bed room at the Moore Hotel for Sunday-Tuesday if anyone is still looking. It's a little bit further out but still very walkable.

PimDtoK.png
  • DemonsMasterDemonsMaster Registered User regular
    I finally got my confirmation number email from my Sheraton booking if anyone is still waiting for that.

Pax Prime (West) '13, '14, '15, '16.
    Pax South '16
    Pax Prime 2015 Omeganaut
  • LairdLaird Registered User regular
    Opinions on the Westin good or bad? Decided to give them a whirl this year after the motif epically failed after 5 years of patronage as the redlion.

I called the Sheraton to verify my reservation. They had the dates slightly wrong. Now to be fair it was what I had until a few weeks ago. They fixed it just fine.

• seventyx7xseventyx7x Registered User regular
    Laird wrote: »
    Opinions on the Westin good or bad? Decided to give them a whirl this year after the motif epically failed after 5 years of patronage as the redlion.

I have stayed at the Westin 3 times and it was great every time. This year I was able to grab the Sheraton. I'm excited to see which one ends up being better.

• ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    Laird wrote: »
    I have only visited one of the rooms at the Westin back in 2012, but it looked good! There was even a couch and a table for us to play games on. You also have the added bonus of being as close as possible to the Wyvern theatre.

Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus