As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2015 AUS Omeganauts

sarysary 100% pure awesomesaucemanchester, nhRegistered User regular
edited August 2015 in PAX Australia
Did you just get a phone call from Khoo? Introduce yourself here, so that we may decide who to root for!

(paging @LtHummus, @LtHummus to the AUS Omegathread... XD)

Twitter: @seryseraphical

PAX East 2012 Omeganaut. Awesomest. Time. Ever.
sary on

• Mike RutchMike Rutch Registered User regular
    Well, either I'm an Omeganaut or someone has played a really well timed prank on me.
    I really hope it's the former.

• WallStarWallStar The one... the only... the slightly overrated... CannonvaleRegistered User regular
    Me me me!!!!
    Omg I'm so excited. I don't even care if I win, i'm just excited I got a call from Robert Khoo haha
    Seriously nerding out right now

• SpiceSpice Content Sponge Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I've been stuck at work with the stupidest grin on my face since the call.
    I expect this mixture of stress & excitement will continue for the next two months.

Spice on
  • MitherenMitheren Registered User new member
    @Spice me too! Nobody at work really understands why I am so excited and jittery.

• TheBeastTheBeast Registered User new member
    My call dropped within the first 5 seconds and I was like WTF WHY NOW!! Omeganauts...CAN'T WAIT!

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    He forgot to call me for the 3rd year in a row.

:(

• WallStarWallStar The one... the only... the slightly overrated... CannonvaleRegistered User regular
    I have the strongest desire to practice, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO PRACTICE! lol

• KylarKylar Registered User regular
    I got my call earlier today.

I'm super excited too!

I too have the biggest urge to practise but I have no idea what for!

Anyone know if they'll post the events (minus the secret final round of course) like they do for the other Pax's?

I'd say it will be posted with the schedule, so at least a month yet.

• SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    He missed calling me, dammit Robert. Third year in a row.

• KramburgerKramburger Registered User regular
    I got a call. Wasn't prepared for it either. My internal monologue was "Huh, why's some American dude calling me... HOLY SHIT IT'S KHOO."

• preyzenpreyzen Registered User new member
    Got the call today while at work so had to stay calm, even though I was more than a bit excited on the inside!

• Jono_NZJono_NZ Registered User regular
    I got my call too! As excited as I am, I can't help but be a little anxious D:

• tiusictiusic Registered User new member
    w00t. Got my call at work today and had to explain to my coworkers what an omeganaut is.

• Mike RutchMike Rutch Registered User regular
    Anyone else paranoid that the LEAST FAVORITE GAME question is going to help build the list of games we'll be playing :P

Seriously, though, I'm super excited, this is going to be so much fun. Good Luck, all!

You know that thing where someone asks you to tell them a joke and suddenly you forget every funny thing you've ever heard in your life?
    YOUR BEST GAMING MOMENT/ACCOMPLISHMENT:
    LEAST FAVORITE GAME:

edited August 2015
    Yeah, I'm completely stumped on the accomplishment question as well.
    I can barely remember the game of Rocket League 20 mins ago, let alone the past decades of gaming.

Spice on
    edited August 2015
    WAIT. Now that the hype and excitement of being picked has dropped by 2%, one thought comes to mind. With requirements to having be at omegathon events, how will queuing for panels & shizzles work D:

Also my best gaming accomplishment is pretty easy. Not feeding more than 10 kills in dota.

Jono_NZ on
    Well la de da Mr. Less than 10 deaths! :P

Jono_NZ wrote: »
    Also my best gaming accomplishment is pretty easy. Not feeding more than 10 kills in dota.

Calling the winner, right now.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I missed the email.
    Can we have more than 3 days to fill this in next year so I have a chance of finding it before the form closes?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2015

zerzhul on
  • sarysary 100% pure awesomesauce manchester, nhRegistered User regular
    @zerzhul as far as I know, at this point, US OMG's only get priority for omegathon rounds (regardless of if they were eliminated), anything else is left to theater mgmt's discretion.

new OMGs: check your inboxen for an unofficial but awesome thing.

Twitter: @seryseraphical

PAX East 2012 Omeganaut. Awesomest. Time. Ever.
  • KylarKylar Registered User regular
    I've gotta say, I feel extremely blessed to be a part of this.

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    edited August 2015
    Omeganauts indeed only get early access to the Omegathon events, otherwise it is the same as an attendee pass. Its been that way back as far as 2011 based on the old badge access sheets I can find. It did used to give early access to all panels, but that policy changed a while ago. Anyway, congrats all, whether you win or lose, you should be in for a great experience.

Beker on
    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • psychoticdaypsychoticday Registered User regular
    So excited I couldn't sleep last night. Must stop grinning, people are beginning to hide my scissors and other pointy objects.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    sary wrote: »
    @zerzhul as far as I know, at this point, US OMG's only get priority for omegathon rounds (regardless of if they were eliminated), anything else is left to theater mgmt's discretion.

new OMGs: check your inboxen for an unofficial but awesome thing.
    Beker wrote: »
    Omeganauts indeed only get early access to the Omegathon events, otherwise it is the same as an attendee pass. Its been that way back as far as 2011 based on the old badge access sheets I can find. It did used to give early access to all panels, but that policy changed a while ago. Anyway, congrats all, whether you win or lose, you should be in for a great experience.
    Ahh, ok, good to know! That sometimes is ambiguous!

• Haru5pexHaru5pex Registered User new member
    WallStar wrote: »

THIS!

Also, WOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm in!

Haru5pex wrote: »
    WallStar wrote: »

THIS!

Also, WOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm in!

Yesssss. I also don't know what to practice. I'm just restarting destiny so I get some console fps experience again haha

Games get announced a month before PAX right?

• NinNonsNinNons Registered User regular
    I was half asleep when the phone rang, and my mum nearly told them they had the wrong number. Anyway, I'm pretty excited! :biggrin:

NinNons wrote: »
    my mum nearly told them they had the wrong number.

Did they ask for you by gamertag? or does your mum not know your name? =P

• NinNonsNinNons Registered User regular
    Haru5pex wrote: »

Did they ask for you by gamertag? or does your mum not know your name? =P

Haha :P nah it was because of the American accent

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    "Sorry, my boy doesn't know any Americans, thank you."

*cringes*

Side note: I still feel like this isn't really happening, it's still kind of surreal. Except that I randomly got super excited out of nowhere last night and couldn't get to sleep. It might be a long few months...

Kramburger wrote: »
    *cringes*

Side note: I still feel like this isn't really happening, it's still kind of surreal. Except that I randomly got super excited out of nowhere last night and couldn't get to sleep. It might be a long few months...

I keep forgetting about it after a little while, then getting the giggles when I remember I got picked.

Its like everyday is Christmas!

Same. I feel like telling everybody I meet, then realising that not a single one of them will understand what "FAX" is let alone the Omegathon.

My girlfriend is excited, but that's because she's excited that I'm excited. PAX is just that nerd thing I go to every year without her.

edited August 2015
    My friends are excited that they get some priority entry and that they can (likely) see me embarrass myself in front of people.

Haru5pex on
    I decided to attend PAX solo this year because the friend I came with last year had a very different PAX-style to me. Regretting that now.

I'm the exact opposite this year. I got organised, booked a hotel in the city and managed to convince 9 other friends to make the trip. I'm sure they can cheer for you too Kram, just not as much as me. :P