As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Android:Netrunner] The only time Bad Publicity isn't a thing to worry about.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    *insert maniacal laughter here*

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    other weird plays enabled by this ruling:

mushin a fetal AI, then install gila hands or w/e on film critic. maybe do this when they ended a turn with one card in grip but you don't have a kill in HQ, to create a scoring window (sort of).

maybe just put underway renovation on there and advance it until they want to spend two clicks to score a point.

against a runner with wyldside installed, IAA a 5/3, then sac a false leads when their turn starts.

• Options
    ANYWAY the ruling as regards Film Critic doesn't mean much since it doesn't enable any degenerate plays (or, really, even any especially good plays)

buuuut Glenn Station has to be fixed and Lukas has said they're gonna FAQ it

hopefully soon, but definitely before Worlds

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Does this mean that if they steal an installed agenda but can't take it that turn you could advance and score it in your following turn?

• Options
    no

agendas hosted using the ability on the card are specifically not considered to be installed anymore, so they can't be advanced or scored

• Options
    This is such a weird game sometimes

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Guys, seriously, read what we typed. :P

Fun followup - There's precedent that the runner can also install cards on Glenn Station as it simply says "can host a single card", and then you have a situation where the Corp could return runner cards to HQ. Eyyyyyyyyyyy! XD

[Edit]
    Hurray, and it's fixed now. According to Lukas, if a card states how it can host other cards, that's the only way that card can host cards. That's actually a bit tidy. Yay. ^_^

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Thinking about changing the Haarpsichord murder deck with Astros into a Psychobeale deck instead. Swap out the Astros for Beales, pile money into the deck with influence in place of the scorched Weyland cards, don't bother scoring anything except Profiteering, Midseasons them when you've got enough money and then install and score out a single Beale for a bazillion points.

• Options
    Heh. And now I'm learning about Corporate Troubleshooter along with Off-Campus Apartment.
    What a fun can of worms this all is. :P

• Options
    Ugh. Cannot stop replaying the final turn of the 3/4 place match I lost. Had a medium with three counters, five cards in R&D, five agendas somewhere in the mix and five face down cards in archives. Two unrezzed ice and a caduceus while I had Faust, mimic and corroder out, three cards in hand and maybe ten credits. I ended up ditching one more card into archives with a virus, running there and then running a remote that I should have known had a curtain wall and an Ash behind it to try and steal the agenda he'd put there. Didn't touch R&D, don't think I even noted how many cards were still in it until it was too late. Should have drawn my last card, run R&D, clone chipped another virus before accessing just in case and seen one of the three agendas that were in his bottom four cards.

I blame being tired after eight hours of Netrunner. Was a bit unlucky with accesses as well, but still. D'oh.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I didn't have enough time between rounds to take notes adequately today. I did a bit better, 6-4. Noise represented much better this time around. Even though I was running 2 IHW and the Plascrete I only ran into one murder deck, which never actually killed me. He did score a Government Takeover with some janky Off the Grid Crisium stuff. At that point I was unwilling to run it since it could have been Cerebral. He did nail me with a Janus at one point. Film Critic is too awesome though.

I also lost one game from the dumbest fucking mistake ever. I basically used my CVS too early. I would have won that game. I did get decked once. I installed one Jackson, he milled the other two. I put them back in, he re-milled them. Super unlucky.

I also lost a game due to getting Chronos Protocol'd with like...four cards left in my stack. I went on a final medium run hoping for a miracle. I got one agenda.

I am an alternate for the ANRPC final. I'll try to go if I get called up. There's no way I'm driving up on two separate days for the last chance qualifier. It's kind of an annoying drive and I doubt the girlfriend would let me chew up the whole weekend like that.

• Options
    evilgazevilgaz Nordic National Champion 2015 Nottingham, UKRegistered User new member
    I like the idea of Haarpsichord, but the failure point (as in with most Weyland kill decks) is that smart players out-money you and you can't land the Midseasons, if it hasn't already happened early. Unlike Weyland that can tax with ICE and so forth, the Haarp versions I've seen seem to have very little in the way of taxation. I'm wondering if the inclusion of some Snare! action or something might be useful, but then you're cutting down on Scorched potentially?

I've thought for a long time that a tag deck with Closed Accounts should have some legs, but the burst economy of Kate and other runners seem to preclude this in an NBN deck.

Won the Summer GNK at the weekend - lots of people playing the Nordic HB / Noise decks, so it was mirror-match all over the place. Good to get a chance to play both decks against each other a few times to test for weaknesses and strategies against themselves!

• Options
    So much of the deck is taken up by the agenda suite that you don't have room for more than 8-10 pieces of ice (Wraparound, Data Raven, Pop-up) or assets to make the runner run more. I put a couple of Snatch And Grab to try and tech against Film Critic, but possibly leaving the original Anonymous Tips in might have been better, just draw through until you have a Midseasons as soon as possible, dump agendas into archives (multiple TGTBT in archives will plant multiple tags on the runner), and do nothing but play money cards.

Kate is still likely to out-econ you, though. Same with a cautious Noise player cycling his Caches endlessly.

A Breaking News they have to leave on the board followed by a Closed Accounts might be the best way to fight a rich runner, or at least give you enough breathing room to score out a couple of Astros they daren't touch. Noise can still Imp the BN when they see it, of course, and Kate can Film Critic it. So it's not like a cast iron defence.

It's probably not a top tier deck. Fun, though.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Targeted Marketing naming Cache is great fun against a Noise player though. It's not a bad current to put in that kind of deck anyway.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Targeted Marketing naming Cache is great fun against a Noise player though. It's not a bad current to put in that kind of deck anyway.

There are a ton of juicy targets. Cache, Aesop's, imp.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    You know what would be a hilarious target if you draw a Targeted Marketing turn 1?

Sure Gamble.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    You know what would be a hilarious target if you draw a Targeted Marketing turn 1?

Sure Gamble.

did that once. opponent didn't draw any sure gambles.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options

I don't think it's a good current for the Haarpsichord deck I'm talking about. They'll inevitably steal an agenda or two (or five), simply because there are so many, so it wouldn't stay on the board very long, probably not long enough to get you back the money.

• Options
    Targeted Marketing would be super fun with the new NBN ID in D&D that's focused on currents. Just return it to play if they steal an agenda and choose something else.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Targeted Marketing would be super fun with the new NBN ID in D&D that's focused on currents. Just return it to play if they steal an agenda and choose something else.

I want to get Targeted Marketing going with Chronos Protocol :3

• Options
    Is Little Engine being a little bit slept on? I thought about throwing it into my NBN deck this past sunday but I wanted to test it. It's kind of brutal versus Faust and Zu. It seems like it would be pretty good in FA.

• Options
  • Options
    Good lord if Tech Trader's text begins with "Whenever you use a" then that might make Faust ridiculous. Especially if it's a connection. I assume there's a downside or more text to it.

Advanced Assembly Lines seems like it could see play, although the not during a run thing kills it for installing ICE on the fly. It's kind of like a Beanstalk Royalties for ETF. And then the click to install is just deferred into another install of something like Adonis Campaign on the runner's turn, netting you another ETF credit. Yeah I could see that being pretty good. But is that better than Breaker Bay Grid? BBG is clearly better with Eve Campaign. I guess it depends on how spendy your assets are and how useful that instant speed click is. Could be good for FA, just hold the SanSan in hand to defend and instant speed it out. So it's like a spendier Biotic at that point.

EMP Device is probably not really that good? It kind of seems like a worse Blackmail that requires less set up. But that setup seems pretty trivial for the faction that has Valencia. Like I could see where the effect would be useful to pop off a Medium dig or run a scoring remote with Faust to kind of remove the known unknowns on a run. It just seems like a marginal effect that would be hard to find deck slots for.

Corporate Scandal seems expensive. I dunno. If you wanted to be doing lots of stuff with bad pub it's hard to see why you wouldn't be playing Valencia. I guess what I'm saying is I don't know why I would spend the 3 credits and lose the consistency of the Valencia ability to try and play that kind of deck outside of Valencia. So you get the smaller deck size back? I remember there was a CT deck that was kind of janky that revolved around blackmail recursion. Maybe. I feel like you'd need to import Investigative Journalism to really get it to stick though.

Populist Mob seems like it might just be good enough in a meta where Street Peddler and Wyldside are really good. It seems pretty brutal for screwing with a scoring window on an IAA 3/5 or IA 2/4 agenda turn. FA and Butchershop are strong right now and they don't really do that though. You also still have to deal with all the stuff that made them feel safe in the scoring window in the first place, but at least you could have two turns to deal with it. Although if I'm the corp and this is played against me, you then at least have two clicks to boost your defenses.

• Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    Blackmail's for EVERYONE!

• Options
    Well, you might not necessarily need to run the whole BP suite to get use out of Corporate Scandal. You might just want the BP if you run a *lot* and will recoup the 3 credits you paid for it fast.

Maybe as another credit generator tool in a Au Revoir deck? You'd need something to spend them on, maybe a Personal Workshop? (Oh, of course they mention that option...)

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    But at that point you can only really count on it being a nifty little perk to your economy right? I dunno if cards like that really see play. I think it's especially harder in shaper which already has Net Celebrity. Granted BP is can give you multiple uses per turn but Net Celebrity only costs one and doesn't see much play, personal workshop or not.

I think Scandal will totally see play and there will be some kind of quirky deck built around it. I just don't know if it'll be better than some kind of good stuff Valencia build.

• Options
    I mean, Ken might like it. A current that plays into his run events, and he has the spare influence to add it without a huge impact to his gameplan.
    Not immediately ZOMG, but not worthless either.

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Desperado is good, right?

Corporate Scandal is a lot like Desperado....

• Options
    Lykouragh wrote: »

A whole real credit can be pretty different from a bad pub one. Also desperado doesn't go away if the corp scores.

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Lykouragh wrote: »

A whole real credit can be pretty different from a bad pub one. Also desperado doesn't go away if the corp scores.

But for any situation where you're going to be spending credits during the run, a bad pub is slightly better than Desperado's credit, and Corporate Troubleshooting is only 1 inf, and it kills any current the corp is playing. And it turns off scoring NAPD.

I don't think Corporate Troubleshooting is as good as Desperado, but if you have any bad pub synergy at all in your deck it's probably worth playing.

• Options
    Right but basically nobody plays anything with bad pub synergy without basically building the deck around it. People don't just run Itinerant Protesters or Raymond Flint for fun. Unless you're referring to Personal Workshop which makes me have a lot of other questions. Are you really making that many runs at a slight profit to pump that one credit into PW? Someone mentioned the CT Snitch/Au Revoir deck but that thing makes stupid amounts of money when it wants to, I don't think one more credit is that huge for it.

Plus, a single bad pub doesn't really break NAPD Contract in most decks. I mean, it's unfortunate because you're not getting a great return on points versus advancements, but it's super doable. In my experience the single bad pub is good at making me go "oh fucking shit bad pub I forgot I should have IAA'd last turn instead of IA credit" or something. I guess it hurts the single turn NAPD onto Sansan/Biotic + counter play in that one specific deck type.

• Options
    Honestly, what it probably hurts are situations we don't see as much of now. Caprice as the standalone defence on a server, for example (or psi-games in general).
    Still, it's not necessarily bad if you plan to run through the same server a few times. The main problem is that it costs 3 to play to begin with so it takes time to leverage itself. It's a card that could well be more useful in the future, but at this moment in time it's probably a bit sub-par besides on-the-spot Blackmail enabling.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Amusingly, it also protects against The All-Seeing I, since you can remove the bad pub but they still have a bad pub.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    As far as giving bad pub goes, it's the easiest way to do it outside of running Valencia. It enables Blackmail and Investigative Journalism (which is 1inf btw).

Corporate Scandal into Blackmail is a pretty strong play IMO. Especially for something that can fit into any faction. Follow up with IJ the following turn and Blackmail stays up for the rest of the game.

As an economy card, it's really only useful as a crappy version of Scrubbers for clearing out lots of assets, or maybe if you're doing Keyhole runs. It's not Desperado where you can ram naked archives over and over with Datasucker for a Mopus replacement.

Actually, it might be useful in Headlock. Use it with Lamprey and Keyhole to make runs cheaper, and it opens up Blackmail.

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Nasir/PW could get good use out of that bad pub, in a similar way to Net Celebrity but per run. It'd need very specific circumstances to be worth it, though.

• Options
    Oh heck yeah, Universe of Tomorrow's off the boat and shipping.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    wow, that was fast

• Options
    It's actually been on the boat since the end of July, so... sorta?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    It's actually been on the boat since the end of July, so... sorta?

my perspective is skewed because there hasn't been a new Conquest product in four months

and conquest reprints have been on the boat since February

aaaand nuGoT was at the printer for five months

• Options
    Unrelated, but I kinda want to try this deck out. If just because I love any deck that actually runs Quest Completed.

persona4celestia.jpg
This discussion has been closed.