As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    thank god I have little interest in the AC set. Except for maybe Tom Nook, just so I can torture that fucker.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Brace yourself for nuttiness, Animal Crossing fans -- In the U.S., Isabelle and Digby only come with the Festival Game (in a bundle for $60), K.K. Slider, Reese and Cyrus only come in a triple-pack, and only Tom Nook, Lottie and Mabel are sold separately.

Cripes.

Oh, and apparently the retro three-pack is up again on Gamestop.

Tom Nook should be bundled with the game, AND part of the three-pack, AND sold individually.

You should be basically unable to avoid him.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I don't mind the 3-packs only because I want them all anyway. I think bundles are slightly cheaper than buying them individually.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Brace yourself for nuttiness, Animal Crossing fans -- In the U.S., Isabelle and Digby only come with the Festival Game (in a bundle for $60), K.K. Slider, Reese and Cyrus only come in a triple-pack, and only Tom Nook, Lottie and Mabel are sold separately.

Cripes.

Tom Nook should be bundled with the game, AND part of the three-pack, AND sold individually.

Nook is weak in AC:NL. The master of the hard sell lost his edge and he asks if you want upgrades now.

you are dead to me tom nook.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    So theres no Mario Maker Bundle? Damn...guess im heading to gamestop after work to preorder the base game.
    if you have amazon prime, they have it for $50 with release day shipping

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular

Cripes.

I feel like that analogy is better used for the inevitable Resetti amiibo.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

Cripes.

I feel like that analogy is better used for the inevitable Resetti amiibo.

Now that they can track things like play time through the internet, I think that if you don't play for a week they should just charge you for a Resetti amiibo and mail it to you without telling you.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Cripes.

Nook is weak in AC:NL. The master of the hard sell lost his edge and he asks if you want upgrades now.

he is bidding his time making you think he lost his edge and is weak.
    I feel he is pulling the strings in Happy home and why we will never get a AC wiiu

• Options
    tumblr_ntm0pc9Bfv1qzp9weo2_1280.pngtumblr_ntm0pc9Bfv1qzp9weo4_1280.pngtumblr_ntm0pc9Bfv1qzp9weo5_1280.pngtumblr_ntm0pc9Bfv1qzp9weo3_1280.pngtumblr_ntm0pc9Bfv1qzp9weo6_1280.pngtumblr_ntm0pc9Bfv1qzp9weo1_1280.pngtumblr_ntm0pc9Bfv1qzp9weo8_1280.jpg

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    I wonder how hard the come by the Animal Crossing cards will be on launch day. Ideally since they're easier and cheaper to produce Nintendo could flood retailers with 'em, but knowing amiibo...well, who knows what the hell could go down?

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    So Tom Nook is the name of the devil's minion the world around

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    So Tom Nook is the name of the devil's minion the world around

"Minion".

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I would get a KK amiibo if there were a version that played KK songs when you pressed it.

Like those singing bass fish plaques. Only, y'know, classy.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Cripes.

It's one thing to force torture on someone. It's quite another to make them ask for it. And they will ask for it.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Cripes.

It's one thing to force torture on someone. It's quite another to make them ask for it. And they will ask for it.

Look... look, you two guys are just... guys, okay? Mr. Nook... he's the devil. You know, he is... he is smarter than you, he is luckier than you. Whatever... whatever you think is supposed to happen... I'm telling you, the exact reverse opposite of that is gonna happen, okay?

• Options
    Draw%20Nothing%20-%20Tom%20Nook.png

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    From Twitter: Jigglypuff's back in Target, and Pit's starting to show up at Toys R Us.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    From Twitter: Jigglypuff's back in Target, and Pit's starting to show up at Toys R Us.

Well then, looks like a post-employment TRU visit is in order.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Think I'll bounce over to Target during lunch - Jiggly would make a pretty great birthday surprise for the kid.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    It's funny and sad how easy Jiggly has been to get now after Target initially fucked me over on her and ignored my preorder.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    It's funny and sad how easy Jiggly has been to get now after Target initially fucked me over on her and ignored my preorder.

It's like they fell asleep on the job.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So I've ignored buying a Sonic amiibo for months now, I've ran into them several times and said "yeah no thanks"

I bought one today

Putting him in Mario Maker is too crazy to ignore

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    So a couple of questions

1. Is the 8 bit modern Mario only in the WiiU bundle or is he separate and when are we getting him? I know classic Mario is on 9/11

2. When you use an Amiibo in Mario Maker is the character just a skin or do they retain their original move sets? Like can you spindash as Sonic, shoot as Mega Man or Samus, or use your sword as Link, Marth, Lucina?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    It's a skin for Mario

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    8-Bit Modern Mario is only in the Wii U bundle for now in the U.S.

But if you get twitchy, you can try importing him from Japan or Europe.

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Remember the good old days when there were 5 new posts in this thread and we got nervous because we thought we missed the 5 second pre-order window?!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      So, this is happening:

I told my wife I'm done with Amiibo after the Smash line, 8-Bit Mario and Yarn Yoshi. Looks like I'm a liar.

• Options
      pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
      It looks glorious.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
      Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
      G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
    • Options
      RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
      Hot damn do I want that amiibo. Shovel Knight is an amazing game to boot!
      If they're doing Shovel Knight they HAVE to do Shield Knight. He can't be alone forever!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    • Options
      The link seems to be dead, so I assume it's the Shovel Knight amiibo that was rumored.

Was an actual amiibo this time or was it still that mockup that's floating around?

FU7kFbw.png
    • Options
      The link seems to be dead, so I assume it's the Shovel Knight amiibo that was rumored.

Was an actual amiibo this time or was it still that mockup that's floating around?

It was an actual Amiibo an English Game location offered for preorder. It was in special Yacht Club Games packaging, so no promises he'll be in Smash.

• Options
      edited August 2015

Edit: picture:

Warlock82 on
      Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    • Options
      Yeah, that's what I assumed what would happen all along.

I could see Nintendo doing small print runs of some of their more successful Indie partnerships like Shovel Knight and Commander Video, but the prevailing internet assumption that "AMIIBO = SMASH CHARACTER" is a bit overblown and frankly incorrect.

FU7kFbw.png
    • Options
      edited August 2015
      Yeah, this seems to be just an amiibo, not a smash announce. Which is totally fine, it looks awesome!

Plus they could always still add him at some point to Smash - there are already duplicates of a bunch of Smash amiibos with the Mario series

Warlock82 on
    • Options

I could see Nintendo doing small print runs of some of their more successful Indie partnerships like Shovel Knight and Commander Video, but the prevailing internet assumption that "AMIIBO = SMASH CHARACTER" is a bit overblown and frankly incorrect.

Well, we don't know it's incorrect yet. I mean, odds are it is, but weirder things have happened with Smash.

• Options
      Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
      So...when can I pre-order my Binding of Isaac Amiibo?

• Options

Well, we don't know it's incorrect yet. I mean, odds are it is, but weirder things have happened with Smash.

What weirder thing than "obscure third-party character from an one-shot mutliplatform Indie title that's barely been out for over a year makes it onto the smash bros roster" has happened so far?

FU7kFbw.png
    • Options
      Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
      That is a fantastic looking amiibo. :D

Also, I'd be all for Shovel Knight in SSB. Then I can have Mega Man fight him in grudge match for aping his style. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
      Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
      PSN - Brainiac_8
      Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
      Add me!
    • Options
      Venture IndustryVenture Industry Registered User regular
      Charizard is currently available on Amazon at a normal price with Prime shipping.

3DS: 3866-8020-5336 NNID/PSN: VentureIndustry XBL: Hax0rz
    • Options

What weirder thing than "obscure third-party character from an one-shot mutliplatform Indie title that's barely been out for over a year makes it onto the smash bros roster" has happened so far?

Game and Watch? Or heck, Snake who wasn't even on Nintendo platforms anymore when Brawl came out (cept maybe the GC port)