As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I have the dumb, should have ordered two amiibo instead of one for the free shipping. Xo

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    So is the mario maker amiibo sold out already? Can't add it to my cart.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Only one I needed at target was 30th Anniversary but it was sold out :(

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
      edited August 2015
      Yeah, the Amiibo situation is getting better, due to Nintendo making more of them, the scalping market deflating, or possibly both. Hell, the retro three-pack is STILL available for pre-order at Gamestop.

Though all that said, all the Target pre-orders are gone already.

The ones I checked are gone already. :P

cloudeagle on
      Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
      This shit always goes live on Target while I'm driving to work. Bah. Got Dr. Mario and Ganondorf, not gonna stess about the rest cuz Target is shit anyways (but two figures = free shipping so yay)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
      Rosalina is still up at target

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
      edited August 2015
      Dr.Mario
      Pit
      Rosalina
      Jigglypuff
      Splatoon 3 Pack
      Are still up! c:

That being said since they are sold out on Target, I hope Amazon goes live soon.

Riokenn on
      OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
      It should be mentioned that Nintendo is just licensing the amiibo name and doing promotion

Yacht Club Game is producing Shovel Knight themselves, so the number is up to them

6F32U1X.png
    • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
      edited August 2015
      All of the new wave amiibo are sold out. Again. And Marth and Pit are sold out. Again.

How is this still happening almost a year after these things have launched?

Edit: Did the US ever get that Villager reprint from a few months back? I was hoping to pick that one up eventually. Maybe NoA is waiting for Happy Home Designer and/or Amiibo Festival to ship them in the states.

maximumzero on
      FU7kFbw.png
      Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
      I know that Canada got a few Villager. I saw it on the shelf but didn't pick up an extra one. I know I should've.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
      All of the new wave amiibo are sold out. Again. And Marth and Pit are sold out. Again.

Edit: Did the US ever get that Villager reprint from a few months back? I was hoping to pick that one up eventually. Maybe NoA is waiting for Happy Home Designer and/or Amiibo Festival to ship them in the states.

I don't think so, but you may be right that they will do it closer to all the Animal Crossing games coming out. Certainly there is no shortage of other amiibos with shortages to reprint in the meantime ;)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
      I know that Canada got a few Villager. I saw it on the shelf but didn't pick up an extra one. I know I should've.

yes. you should have.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    • pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
      I'm not too worried about upcoming amiibo. They are getting a lot better at keeping them stocked. At this point, the only one I don't have is gold mario and I haven't had to resort to eBay yet (but I have imported a few).

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
      Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
      G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
      Wow, guess Dr. Mario is back up.
      http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-dr-mario-amiibo-figure/-/A-24012010

Love to see that :P

• ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
      Wow looks like Nintendo has finally gotten things right on store exclusives. It almost makes me feel bad for importing.. Almost.

• TairuTairu Registered User regular
      edited August 2015
      Tairu on
      edited August 2015
    • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
      Nintendo Console Codes
      Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • ZythonZython Registered User regular
      Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
      Steam: pazython
    • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
      Shantae in Smash would make sense too.

Steam: Polaritie
      3DS: 0473-8507-2652
      Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
      PSN: AbEntropy
    • jothkijothki Registered User regular

Nintendo underproducing, or people overdemanding? I suspect that Nintendo's market projections are stating that we've gone insane and are bound to come to our senses any day now.

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
      I'd buy a Shantae amiibo in a heartbeat. Even though she was never playable, I want there to be a Shield Knight amiibo as well. The great team must be reunited!
      And I still want a Shield Knight spin-off.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
      I'd buy a Shantae amiibo in a heartbeat. Even though she was never playable, I want there to be a Shield Knight amiibo as well. The great team must be reunited!

Maaaan, now I wish co-op let one person be Shield Knight....

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
      Warlock82 wrote: »

Maaaan, now I wish co-op let one person be Shield Knight....

or at least, black knight

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
      edited August 2015
      Best Buy has buy 2 Select amiibo for $20

Sadly, it's VERY select.

These are the options:

Sheik
      Peach (SMB Version)
      Link
      Luigi (SMB Version)
      Sonic
      Mario (Smash Version)
      Mario (SMB Version)
      Bowser (Smash Version)
      Pikachu
      Yoshi (SMB Version)
      Bower (Smash Version)
      Luigi (Smash Version)
      Toad
      Zelda

skeldare on
      Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
      Saw this pop up on Reddit.

Zero Suit Samus is compatible with Ducktales.
      100% a website error. :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    • MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
      Seeing the third-party come through is just feeding my desire for more cool merch of indie games I like.

If there isn't a Jebediah Kerman amiibo planned for the wii u release of KSP imma be upset, and I would love Guacamelee miibs.

First-party I'm mostly just looking for a Metroid, maybe an alt-pose samus, and some expanded Splatoon cast. I'm thinking a line of five maybe, with callie-marie-judd and then boy and girl Inklings with the roller/charger.

Steam: Cilantr0
      3DS: 0447-9966-6178
    • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
      I'd love Splatoon characters with some method to swap out weapons so you could have them reflect how you play.

I would also love a Phoenix Wright Amiibo but I have no idea what you'd use him for - I just want him on my shelf.

• MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
      Dress up squids would be amazing, but that seems like way too much to hope for.

Steam: Cilantr0
      3DS: 0447-9966-6178
    • JacobColeJacobCole Registered User regular
      So I ordered the USA Charizard from Amazon but they sent me the Japanese import one. Had anyone else had this issue? If I return it will I just get another Japanese import?

JacobCole wrote: »
      So I ordered the USA Charizard from Amazon but they sent me the Japanese import one. Had anyone else had this issue? If I return it will I just get another Japanese import?

Does it matter? Amiibo are region free

Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
      You'd have to spend the rest of your life with the knowledge that you don't actually have a Charizard.

You have a Lizardon.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    • JacobColeJacobCole Registered User regular
      skeldare wrote: »
      JacobCole wrote: »

Does it matter? Amiibo are region free

Really? I don't know why I thought they weren't. Then nothing to read here. Move along.

You'd have to spend the rest of your life with the knowledge that you don't actually have a Charizard.

You have a Lizardon.

And assuming Toy Story is reality, the poor guy won't be able to communicate with the other Amiibo!

• wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
      cloudeagle wrote: »

You have a Lizardon.

And assuming Toy Story is reality, the poor guy won't be able to communicate with the other Amiibo!

Why would you assume Toy Story is a reality. There is nothing to assume. It just is.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
      Lizardon is a better name than Charizard anyway.

FU7kFbw.png
      Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
      Lizardon is a better name than Charizard anyway.

I like names that describe what the character does. And Charizard says "I will burninate the shit out of you."

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
      So, I saw a Wario amiibo in the store the other day, and picked it up. I'd rather trade it than sell it to get what I really want.

Anybody have a Mega Man they want to trade?

Hooray! Thanks to sporadic restocks over the past few months that shockingly took hours instead of seconds to vanish, I'm freakin' 4 for 4 with the Fire Emblem set. At the very least I'm set for the new game. Just gotta either get a N3DS or one of those adapters though...

The situation has gotten marginally better. There have been shockingly quite a few restocks, at least in Canada. Although you can definitely see the retail wave it follows. First EB gets Ike/Falcon/Villager, then a few days later Walmart gets the same list, then BB, and so on. It's still very much a case of "right place at the right time". Really, the only difference is that you actually have time to blink if you're in that moment. Ike actually stayed up on BB for a few hours, which is the reason I got him.