As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Metal Gear: 4

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    preloading TPP on my ps4 now so that I can stare at the countdown until it lets me play

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    RAY
    I just CQCed a guard into a wall and then threw him off a cliff as he screamed

This game is pretty alright

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Joke Option Shagohad
    preloading TPP on my ps4 now so that I can stare at the countdown until it lets me play

Console preloads while my PC sits idle

What has become of justice in this world

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    REX
    That mad max for 24 dollar deal is realllllly tempting

Wait where is this

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Wait where is this

And is it on consoles?

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    RAY
    Wait, do guards not speak anymore when you interrogate them?

I interrogated this dude as to Paz's whereabouts and all the dialogue lines showed up, but he stayed silent

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    D
    V has come to

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I just CQCed a guard into a wall and then threw him off a cliff as he screamed

This game is pretty alright

you can punch an enemy then grab their gun and hold them up with it too

Steam ID
  • Options
    I'm watching a stream of some guy who's already hacked the game on 360 to give him unlimited ammo/items/money/heroism. Cool. Hopefully that nonsense doesn't find it's way into multiplayer

Steam ID
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Joke Option Shagohad

I interrogated this dude as to Paz's whereabouts and all the dialogue lines showed up, but he stayed silent

They don't in Ground Zeroes, we don't know if they do in Phantom Pain

I'd guess not? Or if they do, they say it in Russian, so they probably don't have to worry about having unique lines

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    RAY
    That's a bummer, and feels pretty cheap

Guards had a bunch of interrogation lines in 2 and 3

• Options
    D
    Not only is there one piece of info per guard, but it is actually that specific info for that specific guard and is not randomly chosen

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    REX
    Olivaw wrote: »

I'd guess not? Or if they do, they say it in Russian, so they probably don't have to worry about having unique lines

I've not noticed guards being silent. They just have really short dialogue, like "we've got guys posted here" *marks 3 guards* or "I know where you can find a shotgun" *marks an item hut on the map with a tick* After that its all "That's all you're getting out of me" "I ain't telling you any more" etc

This is on PC though so maybe consoles are different?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    RAY
    Olivaw wrote: »

I've not noticed guards being silent. They just have really short dialogue, like "we've got guys posted here" *marks 3 guards* or "I know where you can find a shotgun" *marks an item hut on the map with a tick* After that its all "That's all you're getting out of me" "I ain't telling you any more" etc

It's not like that at all for me on PS4

Guards just make random grunting and gurgling noises while the lines appear on the bottom of the screen

• Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular

Nope, it's the same.

We just got to the reveal of why Quiet doesn't wear clothes and ugh, but that said, she's a pretty great buddy to have on missions.

• Options
    there's a few more options with guard interrogation in TPP

Steam ID
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    REX
    Hmm.. the other thing is that I do 90% of my interrogations from holdups so they might be more free to speak there?

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    miscellaneousinsanity are you gonna handle the next thread? it will be time soon

been away from the computer today but i'm compiling one now!

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

Wait where is this

Green man gaming

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Joke Option Shagohad

Wait where is this

Green man gaming

It's a 40% off coupon so $36, not $24

• Options
  • Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Wait where is this

Green man gaming

It's a 40% off coupon so $36, not $24
    Maths

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    RAY
    oh holy shit

i bumped down to normal mode after s ranking everything to do prisoner extractions

the guards are practically blind compared to how they are on hard mode

• Options
    sometimes its just really fun to run around as a cyborg and shooting dudes in Deja-Vu and Jamais-Vu

Steam ID
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    RAY
    like i'm not gonna say that this is literally what it is

but it feels like the range at which guards notice something suspicious on normal is the range at which they throw an alert on hard

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    haha mk grand finals at summer slam had a sync error because people forgot to desync their controllers

Forever King and Sonic Fox from losers, it was at 2-2 and Fox had a literal pixel of health left when it happened.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Joke Option Shagohad
    Metal...Kear?

• Options
    Are you going to play through it on normal your first time speed

I feel like that's the way to get the true experience of being a badass big boss

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    RAY
    Are you going to play through it on normal your first time speed

I feel like that's the way to get the true experience of being a badass big boss

assuming it works like GZ, you pick your difficulty on a per-mission basis, and have to beat each mission on normal to unlock it on hard

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    RAY
    but yeah i'm going through on normal first regardless, if only because i want to see the story before i worry about mastering the game

• Options
    I think I've heard that there's no difficulty options at first

Steam ID
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    honestly it's so random how hard a game makes its hard mode that i'd rather just relax through normal my first time with something no matter what

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    RAY
    Alright, Paz has been found, just gotta get her out of here

I am still unsure as to whether I should purchase TTP

I feel like I would end up cheesing and lucking my way through the whole final product

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Man Quiet having the dumbest outfit in the world is super annoying cause she's actually pretty rad

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    RAY
    honestly it's so random how hard a game makes its hard mode that i'd rather just relax through normal my first time with something no matter what

the only time i jumped immediately into hard mode on a new game was mass effect 3, where i started off on insanity

i ratcheted back to hard about halfway through

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    how many kills can I get away with on hard mode Intel Op Rescue mission if I'm going for S rank?

Steam ID
  • Options
    D
    how many kills can I get away with on hard mode Intel Op Rescue mission if I'm going for S rank?

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    what the fuck, i shot the final guy in the helicopter like 6 times and nothing happened, then he one hit me with a rocket

Steam ID
  • Options
    D
    You need to lead your shot, try aiming at the gap in the helicopter door

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    REX
    For the helicopter, wait til you stop circling the aerial mast and are flying side by side, then you can take down the guy in the door.

7qmGNt5.png
This discussion has been closed.