As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

old d3 thread is old

1939495969799»

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Well, you can, but the only way to do so is to do the Reroll Legendary recipe for 50x Souls a pop.

Edit: For sets 3+ in size, can you still use the "Different Setpiece" recipe to get Ancients?

Rius on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Someone have that updated drops image?

EDIT NEvermind got it

Goose! on
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    Okay, I have the glimmer of an idea, but I can't put it together. I gambled myself a Chantodo's offhand, and upgraded another wand into the mainhand. And then I upgraded another rare into a Woh. And I've got 2pc Vyr's. (Also cubed myself a pair of Schaefer's Hammers that sucked, bleah.)

I swear there's something here I can do with Archon, EB, or something in combination. I just can't figure out what it could be. Woh was key for that CM build that died when CM did, I remember that much, and Chantodo's/Vyr's Archon looks explody as hell. Thoughts?

Also would I be an idiot for cubing a Shard of Hate?

There's no real synergy between Archon and Woh, sadly. They declined to make Woh affect Archon Blast. Chantodo's + Vyr's is very explody, though it kind of wants the seasonal belt to really push. It's fine without it, however.

Woh itself is better than it's been in a while, but once you reach the point where you can start assembling sets, you need a very specific full set of gear to make relatively good use of it. Good for leveling, bad at 70, great at 70 with 11 specific pieces of gear, etc.

Just for the sake of discussion, what is the set of gear needed to make use of it? I'm much more familiar with the monk side of things so wizard is kind of foreign.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Well, you can, but the only way to do so is to do the Reroll Legendary recipe for 50x Souls a pop.

Edit: For sets 3+ in size, can you still use the "Different Setpiece" recipe to get Ancients?

No, that recipe can't produce ancients for that reason.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Kaboom. BTW, kaboom. Also KABOOM.

All my gear is still +orb/+cold and STILL kaboom.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Daimar wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    Okay, I have the glimmer of an idea, but I can't put it together. I gambled myself a Chantodo's offhand, and upgraded another wand into the mainhand. And then I upgraded another rare into a Woh. And I've got 2pc Vyr's. (Also cubed myself a pair of Schaefer's Hammers that sucked, bleah.)

I swear there's something here I can do with Archon, EB, or something in combination. I just can't figure out what it could be. Woh was key for that CM build that died when CM did, I remember that much, and Chantodo's/Vyr's Archon looks explody as hell. Thoughts?

Also would I be an idiot for cubing a Shard of Hate?

There's no real synergy between Archon and Woh, sadly. They declined to make Woh affect Archon Blast. Chantodo's + Vyr's is very explody, though it kind of wants the seasonal belt to really push. It's fine without it, however.

Woh itself is better than it's been in a while, but once you reach the point where you can start assembling sets, you need a very specific full set of gear to make relatively good use of it. Good for leveling, bad at 70, great at 70 with 11 specific pieces of gear, etc.

Just for the sake of discussion, what is the set of gear needed to make use of it? I'm much more familiar with the monk side of things so wizard is kind of foreign.

5pc Tal Rasha including chest, belt and source, 3pc Delsere including Shoulders, Mara's, CoE, Unity, Sunkeeper, Strongarms, cubed Woh + Primus + RoRG. And really specific rolls on all of those pieces such that one can have 50% CDR and 8% RCR. End result is a tanky build that spams nukebubbles all over the place while vacuuming mobs into clumps that one can Explosive Blast into smithereens, all without exploding when looked at funny. Oh, and at least 200 Paragon levels, preferably at least 600? Hell if I know.

Rius on
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I heard some demons talking shit. Wanted to get dunked on in the name of freedom.
    2cMUoFI.jpg

butts
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Co-starring my last loot of the night

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Al_wat wrote: »
    found an ancient poison dart 1h (dont remember name). now i need a carnevil and a gift

I need some tips on this dang zuni build for soloing

It's so damn fragile

How do people get to grift 68 solo with this build

Power wise I can definitely see but it's so much easier to get gibbed basically immediately than other classes I've played, outside of maybe DH.

I have no idea, I haven't messed with the build at all. I'm just accumulating pieces for it.

I've been messing with helltooth using an ancient suwong, and damn... it is really powerful. I don't have a focus + restraint combo yet, but when I do, it will be ridiculous.

When I got a Grin Reaper my damage went through the roof.

I still need to figure out how to optimize +pet dmg with it..... none of the high leaderboard WDs use +pet dmg at all so it makes me wonder. Interestingly, a lot of them go zombie bears with Scrimshaw (I think it is?).

Al_wat on
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    I still need to figure out how to optimize +pet dmg with it..... none of the high leaderboard WDs use +pet dmg at all so it makes me wonder. Interestingly, a lot of them go zombie bears with Scrimshaw (I think it is?).
    Probably people mirroring this video or doing something very similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9oOMRUFcuM

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    So Woh + melee wiz + 2pc Tal is... Everything is an explosion.

Is this going to work as nicely with the Convention of Elements I just got as I think it is? Because HFS if so.

• Options
    Got together the gloves + shoulders I wanted to switch up to lightning explosive blast instead of fire, presumably a dps increase. But I need to run Arcanot instead of Force Weapon and it kind of feels like a wash. Plus now I need to hit EB every 1.5 seconds instead of every 3, and that's annoying.

If I could use Trapped-Taeguk-Gizzard, it would probably be a dps increase, but Taeguk is still too easy to drop, I can't restack it fast enough to compensate, AND I really need to be using Esoteric in that spot anyway. Probably. I'll test some with Taeguk tomorrow when I'm not tired and cranky.

Wizard too squishy, please giev better defensive parity with other classes. I think GR55/56 is as far as I can push this build. I can fight pretty much anything, and live through pretty much anything, but I'm spending far too much resources to have this level of survivability. Versus, say, the new Helltooth 4pc which gives literally 50% damage reduction to all incoming sources. So easy.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Column wrote: »
    Probably people mirroring this video or doing something very similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9oOMRUFcuM

Hmm that video actually helped guide me in the right direction for my Acid Cloud build. Despite being for Zombie Bears, I mean.

Pretty much I realize now that I -need- the Jeram bracers (using Strongarms in the meantime but they just don't cut it) and I'm probably gonna have to switch to F/R. I... think I'll be fine if I use double defensive gems, dude didn't look like he was taking too much damage anyway.

And I guess Firewall is just nuts-to-butts crazypants. I've heard people on reddit saying the other Wall of Death runes stack too, but the Poison/Cold runes are circles/rings which make them hard to aim. Like you have to click away from your targets, it's uhh, odd.

The final final piece of the puzzle would be Belt of Transcendence. Cube SMK and run BBV-Slam Dance for even more damage.

Just gotta pray to Kadala then. GIMME THEM BRACERS GURL.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I will say that having the "all projectiles pierce twice" affix in my cube is really nice though... even if it's almost certainly not optimal for any build (I think? I'm kind of curious what happens if you stack that with Hungering Arrow's +damage on pierce rune and +pierce chance quiver, etc.). I'm mainly just using rocket spam atm (Rockets on rapid fire, spitfire turrets, +turret passive, and just drop turrets and unload to fight things. That piercing helps a LOT for clearing trash).
    cubed buriza + 9th cirri + 6pc UE + hungering arrow - devouring arrow is definitely a real build

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Choices, choices: Focus & Restraint or Unity & Convention of Elements, for my witch doctor? I already feel a bit squishy on T10, and am currently using Unity.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Zuni witch doctor has some really ridiculous power but oh my goodness is it ever fragile

it's fairly fun, though. the raw damage output is completely ludicrous.

Seriously, I feel like the strongest mother fucker but god help me if there is some charging enemy on the edge of the screen I didn't notice

Or an exorcist

Or the grift decides to be that awful khule map with the projectile stopping doors

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    The only thing I know for sure is that you cannot cube reroll a legendary up to level 70 if its like 61

There was a 'boost to my current level' recipe for the cube, but it was cut due to bugs. That might come back at some point.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Zuni WD is probably one of the safest WD combinations if you combine Zuni with 4PC Helltooth

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Was going to ask something similar: If you make a leg out of a rare, does the leg come out at your level or of the yellow piece you used?
    I thinking if there'd be any use to start saving the mighty weps I run across or if I'll just have to wait until 70...

Panda4You on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I think I'm burned out on D3

I think I did like three hours of play after 2.3

and now I don't really want to play it any more

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Was going to ask something similar: If you make a leg out of a rare, does the leg come out at your level or of the yellow piece you used?
    I thinking if there'd be any use to start saving the mighty weps I run across or if I'll just have to wait until 70...

It requires a level 70 rare, however, some people are claiming that you can game the system with a low level character

For example: A level 29 monk can only find three diabos, Balance, Flow of Eternity, and The Paddle. That massively improves your chances of getting FoE. I'll certainly be trying this later to confirm/bust.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Do I have to do any special sort of rift to make pylons spawn more often? I need a channeling pylon to finish a challenge.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Panda4You wrote: »

It requires a level 70 rare, however, some people are claiming that you can game the system with a low level character

For example: A level 29 monk can only find three diabos, Balance, Flow of Eternity, and The Paddle. That massively improves your chances of getting FoE. I'll certainly be trying this later to confirm/bust.
    Won't that item be level 29 then? Or does the cube only make level 70 items?

• Options
    It only takes 70s so it should only make 70s, but allegedly you can use player level to control the number of outcomes. I won't know if it even works until later, just figured I'd post it in case someone else felt like trying for themselves.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    It's an interesting premise. Wouldn't surprise me if it worked in some cases.

edit: If it worked, Crusaders could get a Johanna's Argument with no competition as it is supposedly available at level 12. Easy way to get an ancient version?

shadowane on
  • Options
    Also, new thread up

if mods are watching, this one can be locked

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    If AT&T weren't so damn incompetent at hooking wires up to fix my net I'd try it right now. Someone do it!

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Zuni witch doctor has some really ridiculous power but oh my goodness is it ever fragile

it's fairly fun, though. the raw damage output is completely ludicrous.

Seriously, I feel like the strongest mother fucker but god help me if there is some charging enemy on the edge of the screen I didn't notice

Or an exorcist

Or the grift decides to be that awful khule map with the projectile stopping doors

Running grifts earlier and the game decides to put two Act V champ packs right at the front door. I saw the first pack of Anarchs. Then the second pack(winged assassins) decided to say hi in their usual fashion.

And that is why I won't do two shows a night anymore. Or play hardcore characters.

• Options
    Zuni WD is probably one of the safest WD combinations if you combine Zuni with 4PC Helltooth

Is it possible to wrangle Zuni 6 with Helltooth 4? Hmm I guess it is but that would mean breaking Aughilds, Focus/Restraint, and possibly ditching Carnevil? I guess you could have Carnevil be the cube effect instead of Jerams but that feels like a lot of pet damage to lose

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    You'd be losing both

But even 4pc zuni is a huge amount of DR, even at higher Greaters. You shouldn't be using damage gems. Use survivability ones since you'll do enough damage for GR60+

• Options
    The Zuni/Helltooth I've seen used for control in higher levels

The WD can essentially stand in the middle of packs and firebats without issue while fetishes still output damage

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Maybe I'll give it a shot later, do you have a link to an example somewhere that shows what they're using for items/skills?

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.