As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] Season 5: join PAF community for clan invite - early 2.4.1 info pg.93

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    interesting

i still need moj and smk before i can try that. and probably a better bats bracer mine is junk

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I am just very curious if the loss of F/R is worth it

However being able to tank insane amounts of damage while fetishing seems v good too

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    http://www.d3planner.com/705721616

Check out the second set with Helltooth 6pc / Zuni 4 pc

Short Man's Finger + Garg + all the other stuff

Could be fun I dunno

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    So I hate to keep asking this but I'm missing something.

I've run about 6 Nepahelem Rifts looking for a Channeling Pylon and not only have I not found one, I haven't seen ANY. I've seen 3 shrines but zero pylons. I'm only running Normal tho; should I be doing higher difficulties to make them more likely to show up? Or do Greater instead?

Near as I can tell it's just random. If you CAN do a low torment, you may as well, though, but I've no knowledge of that having any effect whatsoever on shrine/pylon distribution.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

I've run about 6 Nepahelem Rifts looking for a Channeling Pylon and not only have I not found one, I haven't seen ANY. I've seen 3 shrines but zero pylons. I'm only running Normal tho; should I be doing higher difficulties to make them more likely to show up? Or do Greater instead?

Near as I can tell it's just random. If you CAN do a low torment, you may as well, though, but I've no knowledge of that having any effect whatsoever on shrine/pylon distribution.

Actually, you HAVE to do Greater Rifts to get pylons to spawn; I just found it on the wiki. I was just running regular rifts.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015

However being able to tank insane amounts of damage while fetishing seems v good too

Yeah I kinda wish F+R wasn't mandatory for leaderboard-level grift pushes, but it's really difficult to find any way to make up for that DPS loss. Eventually if you fish enough, you'll end up with a Grift that has a good enough combination of elite mob affixes and enemy types, that being a glass cannon won't penalize you too badly.

They've already fixed some of the Zuni penalties with darts so you're not punished nearly as hard on death. In 2.2 you had a 2-minute cooldown on FA after every death where you'd be taking double damage and no fetishes to kill anything with. Now with SMK and the FA cooldown reduction from 2pc Zuni, you can refresh FA at will.

Brolo on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular

Actually, you HAVE to do Greater Rifts to get pylons to spawn; I just found it on the wiki. I was just running regular rifts.

Rifts definitely have pylons, I don't know if they're difficulty restricted but I doubt it. Sounds like just a small sample size.

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

Yeah I kinda wish F+R wasn't mandatory for leaderboard-level grift pushes, but it's really difficult to find any way to make up for that DPS loss. Eventually if you fish enough, you'll end up with a Grift that has a good enough combination of elite mob affixes and enemy types, that being a glass cannon won't penalize you too badly.

They've already fixed some of the Zuni penalties with darts so you're not punished nearly as hard on death. In 2.2 you had a 2-minute cooldown on FA after every death where you'd be taking double damage and no fetishes to kill anything with. Now with SMK and the FA cooldown reduction from 2pc Zuni, you can refresh FA at will.

brolo look at my two dumb builds that I linked

• Options

Nope, normal rifts definitely have pylons. This is how I found out that Conduit pylons don't last as long in a GRift as they do in Normal, or at least so it seems.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited August 2015

Nope, normal rifts definitely have pylons. This is how I found out that Conduit pylons don't last as long in a GRift as they do in Normal, or at least so it seems.

They used to last only about 10 seconds in GRifts, but they made them last about as long as they do normally now in 2.3

Now though, their killing power is adjusted base on the difficulty of the rift you are in, so at higher grift levels you'll still have to hit things when you have the conduit power going on.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Foefaller wrote: »

They used to last only about 10 seconds in GRifts, but they made them last about as long as they do normally now in 2.3

Now though, their killing power is adjusted base on the difficulty of the rift you are in, so at higher grift levels you'll still have to hit things when you have the conduit power going on.

Someday, I'll have to do more than "stack Chantodo's to 20, hit Archon, start running", but that day is not today. This is a very different game than this time last year, I swear.

Edit: And that is AWESOME.

dporowski on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular

Unless you're a Wizard, then your Conduit does 600% damage

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Rius wrote: »

Unless you're a Wizard, then your Conduit does 600% damage

Is that a base thing, or a legendary power?

Cause I just did a 32 Grift on my Wizard and I'm pretty sure I had time to tap an elite a couple of times before it died.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Max stacks of Tal Rasha multiplies all damage by six.

butts
  • Options
    Jookie wrote: »
    Max stacks of Tal Rasha multiplies all damage by six.

Yeah, I just realized what he meant about 5 minutes later.

Though... you're still having to use your spells, it just doesn't matter if you actually hit anything with them :P

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    double wd owns

also http://www.d3planner.com/752659266 watt this is kind of what I was thinking of

Oh hey I need those bracers dang

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    The cube is basically a way to add three more passives to your character. Any legendary that is assimilated is destroyed in the process but the affix becomes a permanent addition to the cube's library. These are account wide unlocks. Any character that has access to the cube has access to it's list of affixes.

This...this means I was right to save my useless hexing pants on my wizard..... my barb gets the passive!

Hooray! :)

Lykouragh on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    step 1 of using the cube: save EVERY puzzle ring you find. you can unlock the goblin vault using them.

i already have over a billion gold on season thanks to this
    This especially, but also the bardiche trick, should go into the OP.
    How the shit anybody discovered this to begin with is beyond me.

• Options
    Panda4You wrote: »
    step 1 of using the cube: save EVERY puzzle ring you find. you can unlock the goblin vault using them.

probably tried to cube it without realizing you had to put the mats in too

like me when i tried to cube my first thing

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    It was mined from the PTR patches
    there were literally strings in it that were like
    KCube: Item Bovine: Bardiche: Opens a portal to a realm that doesn't exist
    Nothing like that is a secret because patch data isn't really encrypted or anything

edit: basically data miners ruin all surprises.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Echo wrote: »
    Are there any block builds that are good for Crusaders? Kind of want to give that a try, but it sounds like it's very gear-specific.

Unfortunately, it is very gear dependent. The first build that comes to mind besides crappy Thorns is the Holy Shot Block build with the items required below:
    Helm of Rule (cube)
    Fate of the Fell
    Ivory Tower
    6 piece Armor of Akkhan
    Blood Brother (cube)
    Justice Lantern
    Convention of Elements
    Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac (cube)
    String of Ears, Angel Hair Braid (if using punish), Witching Hour

Skills
    Provoke, Hit Me
    Akkarat's Champion, Prophet
    Shield Glare, Divine Verdict
    Law of Valor, Unstoppable Force
    Heavens Fury
    Steed Charge, Endurance

Passives
    Indestructible, Heavenly Strength, Finery, and your choice of Divine Fortress or Holy Cause.

Feel free to swap to put Justice Lantern/Convention of Elements to Bastion's Will and drop Steed Charge for Punish, Roar for more block chance.
    Of course there are a ton of other variations of this build. This is just one I quickly theory crafted.

Like maybe you could cube Salvation for healing instead of Blood Brother etc. Go nuts!

SkyAndPie on
    Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
  • Options
    ahh that makes sense.

i wonder if there are more things than puzzle ring and bovine

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    ahh that makes sense.

there was a whimseyshire one but they never added it (no item tied to it)
    I guess they figured the staff was good enough.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »

Added. I'm getting on to test the lvl 70 rare upgrade nonsense, I'll add that too if it turns out to be true.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    For people who had difficulty questions.
    gSdB2dV.png

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    ahh that makes sense.

there was a whimseyshire one but they never added it (no item tied to it)
    I guess they figured the staff was good enough.

Also the goblin. Though it didn't really seem worth going in there the last time I got one.

• Options
    They were also going to do cursed realm but never implemented that either.
    Somehow doing stuff in the cube would open a cursed realm portal. you'd clear it and it'd give you a reagent that could replace any single reagent requirement in a recipe.
    So if you had 50 whites, 50, blues, 50 yellows but only 10 death's breaths you could use the super reagent to take the place of the 25 death breaths

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    It was mined from the PTR patches
    there were literally strings in it that were like
    KCube: Item Bovine: Bardiche: Opens a portal to a realm that doesn't exist
    Nothing like that is a secret because patch data isn't really encrypted or anything

edit: basically data miners ruin all surprises.

On patch day I played with a friend who hadn't read any of the mined stuff and got to surprise the hell out of him, it was a lot of fun

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    context edit: People claim you can cube 70 rare > Legendary on a lower level to improve your odds on certain items
    shadowane wrote: »
    It's an interesting premise. Wouldn't surprise me if it worked in some cases.

edit: If it worked, Crusaders could get a Johanna's Argument with no competition as it is supposedly available at level 12. Easy way to get an ancient version?

Ya, that'd be a much faster way to test if it works.

Just get a lvl 70 1h flail + mats then try it on a lvl 12 crusader... if the game prevents it, or gives you ANY other flail then it's just a rumor
    Level 13 crusader + upgrade flail = Darklight (minimum level 31).

Myth BUSTED

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    The game is mocking me. Five 'Shenlong's Fist of Legend'. Not a single 'Shenlong's Relentless Assault'. It's a two-piece set, Kulle, I need both.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Is there anything I can do to farm Death's Breaths besides playing on higher difficulties and using the crafted set that makes more drop?

I never really used Explosive Blast that much, but I got a Wand of Woh on my seasonal character and now I'm exploding all over the place. With chain reaction I blow up 12 times in a row!

• Options
    For people who had difficulty questions.
    img

hmmm

I decided I could really use a hellfire ammy on my season WD. Running the ubers on TX just makes sense, but looks like it might be worthwhile to farm the actual machines on T9. (65% vs 70% drop chance).

Although, I did just get a bunch of upgrades, so I should be able to steamroll TX now.

Also with farming the keys: did they change it so you have to be in-zone to get the machine drop? Like previously it was you had to be in-game.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Noggin wrote: »
    Season 4 exclusives
    Bane of the Stricken
    New Legendary Gem
    Each attack you make against an enemy increases the damage it takes from your attacks by 0.8%
    Damage bonus is increased by 0.01% per rank
    Gain 25% increased damage against Rift Guardians and bosses at rank 25

I just started playing D3 RoS a week ago, played normal D3 a lot on Xbox360 when max was Infernal Machines and such, I just got that Gem quoted an hour ago, I cant really tell if its supposed to be good or not.

I'm using these 2 gems right now, a Gem that gives me 2300% poison damage over 10 seconds and another Gem that gives me 20% damageif they are movement impaired (later on it gets its own Movement debuff aura) while using Ice Armor Frozen Storm Aura.

Frozen Storm, Disintegrate and my Fire Walkers keep proccing the Tal Rasha 2 set bonus, so there is constantly a barrage of meteors hammering down, since different elemental meteors have their own individual cooldowns.

I just found a ring that improves my Ice Armor to 56% melee reduction and casts Frost Nova if I take 10% of my full hp in damage, my armor rating went from 800k to 10.3million.

Using Magic Weapon (+20%) Disintegrate (Chaos Nexus) Diamond Skin (Diamond Shards) Hydra (Lightning) Ice Armor (Frozen Storm) Archon (Pure Power, trying to get 2 pieces of Vyr for all archon stuff, but bad rolls)

Passives are Blur, Glass Cannon, Astral Presence and Audacity.

Not really sure how to optimize this damagebuild, Disintegrate is starting to feel a bit dangerous since I have to stand still and channel it.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Being the only hardcore player in the clan, it is safe to say the merch hungers for more hardcore players.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    TamerBill wrote: »
    The game is mocking me. Five 'Shenlong's Fist of Legend'. Not a single 'Shenlong's Relentless Assault'. It's a two-piece set, Kulle, I need both.

does the set recipe only work on sets with 3 or more pieces to them? I thought the only nerf they did was no piece from that recipe can ever be ancient.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I just experienced the Treasure Vault for the first time today, didnt know that thing existed so that was an unexpected experience, that place is pretty cool.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Two hours of T7 rifts today netted me Yang's Recurve, Kridershot, Ramaladni's Gift, the 4 pieces of UE I was missing and Dead Man's Legacy. Tis a good day. Also SkyandPie is pretty awesome for letting me know if my stuff had good rolls or not.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Roe wrote: »
    Being the only hardcore player in the clan, it is safe to say the merch hungers for more hardcore players.

Or for their tears?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »

does the set recipe only work on sets with 3 or more pieces to them? I thought the only nerf they did was no piece from that recipe can ever be ancient.

Nope, it's both. No ancients and no two-pieces. They really didn't like people using it as a ghetto reroll.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Hm, seems this season is intent on giving me arachyr before any other set. Luckily I have a grin reaper!

Are there any specific combos to look out for, or just spider queen+other stuff that grin reapers spam? Currently using frogs due to having a cubed flayer, spider queen, pirhanado, confusion paranoia, spirit walk and hex with +damage rune.

This discussion has been closed.