As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Superhero] fun train has no brakes!

CenoCeno pizza timeRegistered User regular
CA_Supermovies_5-15-2015.jpg

Phase Three officially kicks off with Captain America: Civil War, which is currently filming.

Let us celebrate the cinematic golden age of our cape-related love with the adding of chocolate to milk.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/marvel-shake-up-film-chief-819205

Also this.

Feige no longer reports to Perlmutter, but to Alan Horn himself.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I love chocolate in milk!

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    I love superheroes in chocolate!

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Here's a nice promo-shot for the second season of The Flash.
    PRisPwE.jpg

Also, they announced today that a well-known actor will be joining the cast in a certain capacity.
    CBR.com wrote:
    A lot remains unknown about "The Flash" season two villain Zoom, but now viewers at least have an idea of how he'll sound. Variety reported Monday that horror movie veteran Tony Todd has been cast as the voice of Zoom, though it appears he's not physically portraying the villain.

"Part of the mystery of the season is who or what is underneath the Zoom outfit, and so we wanted to do something like James Earl Jones as Darth Vader -- this iconic voice coming out of this mask," "Flash" executive producer Andrew Kreisberg told Variety. "Last year, we thought of the Reverse-Flash as a speed warrior; this year, Zoom is like a speed demon, and no one does demon-voice better than Tony Todd."

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    For clarification, Tony Todd is voicing Zoom whose identity is a secret and whose role is being compared to a horror movie monster in terms of unstoppable menace

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Honestly, it sounds like this restructuring that essentially sidelines Perlmutter could loosen up some purse strings, which could possibly mean that some actors that were thinking about bailing after their contract ended would have more incentive to re-sign.

This is all speculation on my part, but it's encouraging.

• Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/marvel-shake-up-film-chief-819205

yo this could be really really good news if all the stuff about perlmutter is true

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    CA_Supermovies_5-15-2015.jpg

Phase Three officially kicks off with Captain America: Civil War, which is currently filming.

Let us celebrate the cinematic golden age of our cape-related love with the adding of chocolate to milk.

ahahahah

Justice League: DARK

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    What the hell is Harbinger?

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    yeah man, dude is a fuckin stickler to the max.

but i mean, he is quite literally a self-made billionaire. he has also manned marvel since 2005. hard to argue with a guy when he's got results like that.

but still, should be a good thing for the movie franchise at least.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    whoa wait a second

there is gonna be a fucking BLOODSHOT movie?

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Armoroc wrote: »
    I love superheroes in chocolate!

You got chocolate in my superheroes!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    when I hear the name "Ike Perlmutter", I picture Mr. Burns

what I know about Ike Perlmutter is that he fired Bob Harras from Marvel not because Bob Harras was incompetent, but because he argued with Ike about spending cuts

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Wait, so

Flash spoilers
    Professor Zoom is going to be a completely separate character from Wells/Thawne's Reverse-Flash?

Veldrin on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Wait, so

Flash spoilers
    Professor Zoom is going to be a completely separate character from Wells/Thawne's Reverse-Flash?
    Well I've read it as them calling him Zoom, so I'm guessing they're basing him on the pre-Flashpoint Zoom whose speed-powers were actually time-manipulation.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Sounds like the first season of Gotham is coming to Netflix in a couple weeks

If you're looking to binge-wait-until-this-show-gets-good-it's-happening-any-day-now-you'll-see

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Wait, so

Flash spoilers
    Zoom and Reverse Flash are different characters

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Mr. G wrote: »

If you're looking to binge-wait-until-this-show-gets-good-it's-happening-any-day-now-you'll-see

Nah I'm good.

Just rewatched a big chunk of Daredevil though.

Man did they nail the Catholicism angle of that show. The priest was a great character.

Ceno on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

http://youtu.be/XVoU30ixHrM

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    For some reason, the garbage fire that promises to be Batman v. Superman just doesn't seem real to me.

That it's supposed to come out in less than seven months seems more like an empty threat than an actual fact of scheduling.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    when I hear the name "Ike Perlmutter", I picture Mr. Burns

what I know about Ike Perlmutter is that he fired Bob Harras from Marvel not because Bob Harras was incompetent, but because he argued with Ike about spending cuts

Incompetence isn't a valid reason for termination in comics Cent. The new 52 proved that.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Wait, so

Flash spoilers

In... the show?

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Wait, so

Flash spoilers

In... the show?
    Professor Zoom was the classic Reverse Flash, and Barry Allen's foe; Zoom was a different character who fought Wally later on.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Wait, so

Flash spoilers
    That's kinda silly, to be honest.

But the whole time traveling plot literally exploded on itself at the end of the season, so fuck it, I guess.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Wait, so

Flash spoilers

In... the show?
    Professor Zoom was the classic Reverse Flash, and Barry Allen's foe; Zoom was a different character who fought Wally later on.
    Ohhhh right, gotcha.

I didn't realize that Prof. Zoom and Zoom were different people.

Veldrin on
  • Options
    When does the next Secret Wars come out?

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Wait, so

Flash spoilers

In... the show?
    Ohhhh right, gotcha.

Well, I mean

Cisco literally calls him Professor Zoom at least once

or is the NEW guy Zoom?

This is just weird.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

One of Valiant's books; they announced a whole movie universe, as it is the thing to do nowadays.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Honestly, it sounds like this restructuring that essentially sidelines Perlmutter could loosen up some purse strings, which could possibly mean that some actors that were thinking about bailing after their contract ended would have more incentive to re-sign.

This is all speculation on my part, but it's encouraging.

On the other hand, the schedule is already pretty packed, and using the big name actors would probably sideline the new people the other movies are supposed to be about

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Actually, OP is out-of-date. Cap 3 wrapped last week

Goatmon wrote: »
    Wait, so

Flash spoilers

In... the show?
    Ohhhh right, gotcha.

Well, I mean

Cisco literally calls him Professor Zoom at least once

or is the NEW guy Zoom?

This is just weird.

I don't remember this at all

Jimothy on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Instead, people should take advantage of the entirety (I think) of Gotham Central being on sale right now at Comixology.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    For anyone who wants a summary of the comic characters-

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Real excited about Starbrand and Nightmask

Weisman writes fun superhero adventures well, especially ones starring younger characters (See: Spider-Man, Spectacular) and it is nice to see that all of the characters Hickman introduced in his run are by and large being picked up by other writers and bring given spotlights of varying sizes

The titles/characters we still don't know about from the ANAD teasers:
    Black Panther
    Black Widow (rumored to be Waid/Samnee)
    Red Wolf
    Citizen V
    Retro Style Romance teaser, believed to be Hellcat
    Death's Head

We also have the mystery sister title to Bendis' Invincible Iron Man that apparently relies on the reveal at the end of next month's issue 1

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Yay Starbrand & Nightmask!

Hickman's Avengers spoilers
    It would have been disappointing if they didn't come back, as the way they went out was not great.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Weisman sold me on Starbrand and Nightmask when he said Kenny Kong is one of their supporting cast

• Options
    Keith wrote: »
    Weisman sold me on Starbrand and Nightmask when he said Kenny Kong is one of their supporting cast
    WHAT

I MISSED THIS

WHAAAAAAAT

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Keith wrote: »
    WHAT

I MISSED THIS

WHAAAAAAAT
    CBR.com wrote:
    What can you tell us about the college Kevin and Adam are attending? Is this Empire State University, where characters like Squirrel Girl are currently matriculating?

Greg Weisman: Yep. E.S.U. And though we won't see Squirrel Girl right away, Doreen Green does appear in issue #1. But it's not like they're the same person or anything, right? Of course, not. Why would you even think that?

Will Kevin and Adam have any roommates or new friends when when issue #1 begins?

Greg Weisman: Kevin and Adam will be roommates, but we'll be introducing a lot of supporting characters, rapidly. Probably the most important is their R.A., Imani Greene, who is destined to become an extremely significant character in the mythos. There's also dormmates Kenny Kong, Shelly Conklin and Krysta Brown, Campus Security Guard Tiny McKeever, and Imani's physical therapist Sha Shan Nguyen (one of my favorite characters in the canon). Plus, what would an E.S.U. education be without a course from a certain Professor Warren?

Diversity has always been an important issue to me, going back to "Gargoyles" at least. This is going to be a book with an extremely diverse cast of characters, which is part of the reason I wanted Nightmask to share billing with Starbrand.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    He seems to be including as much of the SpecSpidey cast as are available in 616, which I love

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Does Kong work in 616?

This discussion has been closed.