As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hardly Working in the [Job] Thread

19495969798100»

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Had an Australian registered Global Express on our ramp today. Thought the CSR said Austrian, so when I asked the pilot if he spoke my language he just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich.

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Nobody speaks your bizarre moon language.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    :( please don't mock my speech impediment

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Yukira wrote: »
    Me: Did you finish helping [Irate Client]? I can't find their form.
    Student: No.
    Me: Where is their form?
    Student: In the folder [that literally has 'DONE PILE' written on it]. I didn't know where else to put it.

Placement students aaaaaaaaargh

Does your place of employment frown on Nerf weapons?

Hmm... no! I should really look into that.

Alternatively: a button that plays the error sound from the Price is Right when pressed.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/office-pranks/

@DrZiplock

The Annoy-o-trons are all sold out!

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Corporate IT security systems are great. Especially when they crash, because now I can't access my email, any of our specifications, or anything else that I need to do my job. So, guys in IT, thanks for protecting me from the dangers of work.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Yukira wrote: »
    Me: Did you finish helping [Irate Client]? I can't find their form.
    Student: No.
    Me: Where is their form?
    Student: In the folder [that literally has 'DONE PILE' written on it]. I didn't know where else to put it.

Placement students aaaaaaaaargh

Does your place of employment frown on Nerf weapons?

Hmm... no! I should really look into that.

Alternatively: a button that plays the error sound from the Price is Right when pressed.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/office-pranks/

DrZiplock

The Annoy-o-trons are all sold out!

Judging from what he said about them last time I'd guess the Annoy-O-Trons were destroyed by the Thinkgeek office staff.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Heffling wrote: »
    Corporate IT security systems are great. Especially when they crash, because now I can't access my email, any of our specifications, or anything else that I need to do my job. So, guys in IT, thanks for protecting me from the dangers of work.

*points to Ashley Madison*

Better than that happening to your company, eh?

Trust me. It sucks way, WAY more for the IT staff than it does for you. We never get compliments when things are working right, and people only notice us when things blow up - and that usually involves lots of yelling and threats of losing one's job. This is doubly so for the security guys, who are seen as the company's boogeymen.

Edit: Note that you are 100% justified in venting, and ranting, and being angry you can't work. I'm not denying you that. I'm just saying.. donuts when things are working right or after fixing the issue are always appreciated. I am totally bribable in donuts, and my coworkers know this. :)

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
This discussion has been closed.