As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We didn't eat dogs back in the [Mad Max] thread

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    This game runs like a dream. I'm getting a steady 60 fps with everything maxed on a 970.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Well great 2 GB to go and my network use basically stopped. I'll let it go, hopefully tomorrow it will be done. Also, I let up a bunch of space, hopefully that helps.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    This has completely exceeded my expectations. And I was probably the most excited for this game, in these forums. Cheers Avalanche!

• CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Goddamn, this combat is brutal. Crunchy is the best way I can describe it.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    really fun hand to hand combat and the car battles are the first really good car battles in a game since, well, I can't really remember when. really good stuff, tons of customization.

Are you the magic man?
  • Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    Quite liking this so far! They definitely got the feel of Mad Max down quite nicely. I especially loved the intro.
    Chainsaw through the forehead? Ouch. I mean just....ouch. At the very least I can certainly understand why the villain would have it in for Max after that.
    Only problem I had so far was a bit in the tutorial trying to figure out how to refill the cantina. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't refill it while standing next to the water source. Eventually, I figured out that you needed to be on a specific side of the water source to get the context option - not a horrific bug by any stretch of the imagination. Just a mild oversight on the design of that specific part of the tutorial.

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Played a little bit of this, fun so far, not overly hard but I'm in the beginning parts I'm sure it gets harder later.

If this is like Shadow of Mordor, no, not really.

I'm super hoping they saw how successful Mordor was and ripped the Nemesis system from it, but signs point to no?

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Ugh, and it'd work pretty well in-universe. People coming back with dismembered limbs, rising through the wasteland gang ranks.

Let's make that the new "climbing a tower to reveal the map" for a while.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited September 2015
    FREE RIDES ALL ABOARD

CED9A83A447B6B41987D339E85E797D83D599BB2

Docshifty on
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    I'm loving this. I was bracing myself after the reviews but it's brought a smile to my face every moment. And I'll repeat how great the PC version is. I haven't seen any pop-in at all at max settings, something that plagues the console versions.

Also photo mode, you guys! Photo mode! This game is made for it.

607500D09987C40517190BB8111DB0393BF1CB52

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
    0C9D2642795E1FEEF6FEA01D376903CFF85CECE4

"Boss, have you thought about not boosting directly into the hood of their cars?"

"I'm not sure I understand your question, Chumbucket."

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    If reviews look good, this will be my next game purchase after I finish Shadow of Mordor.

kyrcl.png
  • GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    i bought this on pc to save myself going into town to get it on xboxone. means a slightly smaller screen to play on though.
    either way im very exicted to play it, cant see myself sleeping much tonight.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I told you guys!

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm so glad I wasn't the only one to take that particular car model.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    "Boss, we can take these back to Jeet for scrap if you stop ramming them."

F1782F39A76926795DD60D7B4F125F0D3A500351

"I'm sorry, what was that, Chumbucket? Couldn't hear you over the fireworks."

• CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I fucking love how the cars handle in this game. The Magnum Opus feels like a roaring beast.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I want to be my own character in the mad max world

• IndoorsmanIndoorsman Registered User regular

Move to Detroit.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Indoorsman wrote: »

Move to Detroit.

yooooooo

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Now that you mention it, I'm kinda surprised Mad Max Larping isn't a thing.

• LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm so glad I wasn't the only one to take that particular car model.

I was vaguely disappointed that the pre-order car model didn't seem to show up as one of the first selections, until I saw Die Roller and promptly stopped caring.

"That'll do, Chum, that'll do."

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    So far, so good. Literally just started. I like how the light cast behind the magnum Opus when you first see it is an outline of Australia.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I have a problem with progression with this game. Namely, regardless of if I'm on a mission or just driving around, every single time I see a hostile car, I have to either ram them until they explode and loot the scrap that pops out...or yoink the driver out with the harpoon, ram the now motionless car until it explodes, and loot the scrap that pops out. And, by the time I finish looting the scrap, another car or two spawns in and wanders into my field of view...and it all starts up again.

Because of this, I've finally rolled into Jeet's after over two hours.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    I have a problem with progression with this game. Namely, regardless of if I'm on a mission or just driving around, every single time I see a hostile car, I have to either ram them until they explode and loot the scrap that pops out...or yoink the driver out with the harpoon, ram the now motionless car until it explodes, and loot the scrap that pops out. And, by the time I finish looting the scrap, another car or two spawns in and wanders into my field of view...and it all starts up again.

Because of this, I've finally rolled into Jeet's after over two hours.

This is exactly why I haven't finished Shadow of Mordor.

"Oh, there's a couple of orcs over there? Well, let me just take care of them. Hey, that orc's chasing an escaped slave! Oh no you don't!"

Hours go by and I still haven't done any missions.

kyrcl.png
  • QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    I never understood the crowd that buys an admitted sandbox game, then complains later that it plays like a sandbox game. I get the mileage may vary with the content you run into between missions, but if it wasn't there... you'd have a desert driving sim. I'm pretty sure people don't want that, and those that did already bought the desert bus sim.

wbee62u815wj.png
    Quiotu wrote: »
    I never understood the crowd that buys an admitted sandbox game, then complains later that it plays like a sandbox game. I get the mileage may vary with the content you run into between missions, but if it wasn't there... you'd have a desert driving sim. I'm pretty sure people don't want that, and those that did already bought the desert bus sim.

Wasn't really complaining...

I mean, if I wasn't enjoying the game, I wouldn't be driving around looking for fights...I'd just be driving to objective markers. Basically, and this is how I describe the game to my friends, the game is Batman: Arkham whatever crossed with Brütal Legend (sans-RTS elements) set in the Mad Maxian world...and Brütal Legend is one of my favorite games.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Quiotu wrote: »

Yeah... you kind of missed the tone of his post. Most of the people who were able to escape the gravity well of MGS5 seem to like this game. :P

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I'm mostly liking this game, but the death races (the one I just tried, at least) are hot, steaming garbage. You have to use a car that slides all over the place and if you make a single mistake, you're basically fucked with no quick way to restart the race.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah I rolled into jeets like 6 hours in... And stupidly lost a scrapbulance because I need to think shit through... Oh well my magnum opus has spikes an upgraded v6 and a bunch of nice things on it. I do like how you can upgrade you beard as you go along, nice touch.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    What the game says when targeting the tires of a car: "Level 4 Harpoon needed!"

What the game says when targeting the driver of a car: "WHACHUNK AAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!"

Also, so glad when I saw this game has a photo mode. Absurdly gorgeous and runs absurdly well. I'll be damned if it doesn't just about perfectly capture the look and feel of the setting. Just wish there was a Doof Warrior upgrade to mount a guitar-thrashing blind man to my car in place of a radio.

What the game says when targeting the tires of a car: "Level 4 Harpoon needed!"

What the game says when targeting the driver of a car: "WHACHUNK AAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!"

Also, so glad when I saw this game has a photo mode. Absurdly gorgeous and runs absurdly well. I'll be damned if it doesn't just about perfectly capture the look and feel of the setting. Just wish there was a Doof Warrior upgrade to mount a guitar-thrashing blind man to my car in place of a radio.

DLC Upgrade for Chumbucket detected!

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Now that you mention it, I'm kinda surprised Mad Max Larping isn't a thing.

madmaxblog.jpg

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/31/9231105/uber-mad-max-seattle

Drove into my first sandstorm.

96DDAC5FCB1647464FD8AAF4C71C2E5977FE718F

Docshifty wrote: »
    Drove into my first sandstorm.

96DDAC5FCB1647464FD8AAF4C71C2E5977FE718F

What a lovely day!

kyrcl.png
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    The sound design in this game caused my cat to literally piss herself in fear and hide. During one of the early storms (which she doesn't like in real life). Suddenly heard her moaning, thinking it was some mutated beast in the game. Nope, just my cat freaking the fuck out.

On PC with 5.1, and not even a particularly impressive 5.1 system. Sound design in this game is nuts.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    The sound design in this game caused my cat to literally piss herself in fear and hide. During one of the early storms (which she doesn't like in real life). Suddenly heard her moaning, thinking it was some mutated beast in the game. Nope, just my cat freaking the fuck out.

On PC with 5.1, and not even a particularly impressive 5.1 system. Sound design in this game is nuts.

Disclaimer: Part of me felt bad clicking awesome. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    It's 10 at night...... I'm going to Walmart to buy it NOW.
    WITNESS ME

No-Quarter on