As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Colossal Pillar of [chat] Eggs

19495969798100»

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    no-one is ever going to believe that mcdonalds is healthy

their strategy should obviously be "mcdonalds: for when you don't give a fuck"

that's when i eat mcdonalds! on days when, for whatever reason, i don't give a fuck

Take it from Elesh Norn, McDonalds is where you eat to feel compleat.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    T-Minus 1 Week before our Workplace Wellness Challenge begins. That means I'll be healthy as a hog for at least like..10 weeks.

And maybe it will lead you to adapt more long term beneficial changes to your lifestyle*!
    *It won't

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Barf

Neco on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    PLA, it's not page 101 just yeeeeeet.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I think that's page 101, PLA.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

that's when i eat mcdonalds! on days when, for whatever reason, i don't give a fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GALMX2BO5ps

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    So, lots of web ads are now the domain of mobile browsers. A shitload of traffic comes through there.

This is in part because Safari is far and away the most used mobile browser, and there are no browser extensions so everyone gets the ads unless they jailbreak, which almost nobody does.

IOS 9 has extensions support, and ad blockers are already in active development for the launch. And this is scaring the shit out of all sorts of businesses, from Google to Facebook to all stops down the chain.

There might be some fallout from this.

Even on Android, AdblockPlus requires redirecting traffic through a local port which you can only do through wifi unless you jailbreak.

Death to all ads.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

this doesn't grow the business unfortunately

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Atomika your new avatar is rad and I appreciate the consistency of your motif.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    T-Minus 1 Week before our Workplace Wellness Challenge begins. That means I'll be healthy as a hog for at least like..10 weeks.

Gorge yourself now, it will make your loss numbers look better next week.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    iOS9 supporting browser extensions completely baffles me because it goes against Apple's strict policy of not allowing 3rd parties to fuck their shit up.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

yeah i guess when your existing customer base is "people who eat" there's not a lot of point in marketing to a niche

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

So the solution for McDonald's is... to run society into the ground?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I haven't been to McDonalds since they stopped serving the Chicken Selects a year or two ago.

Only thing they ever sold that actually tasted like real food.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

And maybe it will lead you to adapt more long term beneficial changes to your lifestyle*!
    *It won't

Thank you kicking me in the dick.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

I stop in if I'm rather hungry in the morning and want a $1 parfait or those sausage mcmuffin 2 for $4 you-know-you'll-regret-this-later-but-live-in-the-present-as-the-buddha-says

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    iOS9 supporting browser extensions completely baffles me because it goes against Apple's strict policy of not allowing 3rd parties to fuck their shit up.

Safari on OSX has had extensions for years.

Apple has been very slowly opening up access to system level stuff to developers on iOS - app extensions, keyboards, share sheets... this is in line with the direction they have been moving. It won't be as open as android for sure, but it will be functional and solid right out of the gate.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

Gorge yourself now, it will make your loss numbers look better next week.

That's not how this one works. This is actually point based on physical activity. So gorging myself would actually be a hindrance.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    So the solution for McDonald's is... to run society into the ground?

They're hardly the only company with short term profit and long term damage as integral parts of their business.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

http://i.imgur.com/r6NtFbp.gif

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    In looking up the Missouri article I found it sandwiched between articles on how many trans people got murdered this year. Whee.

Also apparently learned that the police habit of misgendering dead people leads to those crimes not being classified as hate crimes, which means they're not investigated by the FBI instead of the local police. Predictable.

I never understood people who murder others for being different.

I mean I get that it happens, but I will never understand the thought process that goes on in someone's head and goes "yup, that person that's slightly different from me needs to die today."

Murders in the trans community are almost always a case of a male partner murdering a MTF partner

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

yeah i guess when your existing customer base is "people who eat" there's not a lot of point in marketing to a niche

Ignoring the condescending tone, it's not really as simple as just marketing to "people who eat."

Like, McDonalds is selling a product that is contrary to a ton of trends right now.

So doubling down (which they've done and failed at btw) doesn't do shit for them.

• Options

see: Jack in the Box's Midnight Meal Box

"Yes, we know you're broke and stoned. And we love you for it."

• Options

*tips dealy-boppers*

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

see: Jack in the Box's Midnight Meal Box

"Yes, we know you're broke and stoned. And we love you for it."

Jack in the Box definitely knows their audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5rlbOqQq7w

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    My anime is ready

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    A controversial US court clerk who has cited “God’s law” while refusing to issue same-sex marriages licenses has has herself been married four times, it has been revealed.

Delightful!

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    SNNAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKEEEEEE!

Damn dis game gud.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    @Thomamelas @Elldren

Happy V-J Day! Also I was looking at pictures for my post above. I forgot this one. Damn Japanese and their morning coats. They still wear them to important events.

Surrender_of_Japan_-_USS_Missouri.jpg

Yeah, but I always felt the IJA uniforms were a bit frumpy. Particularly compared to the IJN uniforms.

• Options

Ignoring the condescending tone, it's not really as simple as just marketing to "people who eat."

Like, McDonalds is selling a product that is contrary to a ton of trends right now.

So doubling down (which they've done and failed at btw) doesn't do shit for them.

But neither does trying to ape those trends and charge money for products people really don't want from McDonald's.

People want McRibs and 20-piece McNuggets.

• Options

Yeah, McDonald's got beat in the "who cares if it's unhealthy" game by both Hardee's and Burger King. They neglected their staples and pushed "premium" items that weren't all that premium but still cost as much as higher quality stuff from fast casual places.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    A controversial US court clerk who has cited “God’s law” while refusing to issue same-sex marriages licenses has has herself been married four times, it has been revealed.

Delightful!

So by her logic, we should legally be able to stone her to death.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

*tips dealy-boppers*

*looks at atomika, a single tear containing the sadness of a 1000 years rolling down his cheek*
    oh swagger were hath thou gone.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

But neither does trying to ape those trends and charge money for products people really don't want from McDonald's.

And then, in test markets, they could make a fast casual chain to compete with five guys and chipotle and such which blends better ingredients and fresher preparation with their know how when it comes to running a chain.

And do not call it McDonald's at all.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

Hence the challenge McDolans is facing.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    In looking up the Missouri article I found it sandwiched between articles on how many trans people got murdered this year. Whee.

Also apparently learned that the police habit of misgendering dead people leads to those crimes not being classified as hate crimes, which means they're not investigated by the FBI instead of the local police. Predictable.

I never understood people who murder others for being different.

I mean I get that it happens, but I will never understand the thought process that goes on in someone's head and goes "yup, that person that's slightly different from me needs to die today."

Murders in the trans community are almost always a case of a male partner murdering a MTF partner

Hm.

That's an oddly specific statistic.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

And then, in test markets, they could make a fast casual chain to compete with five guys and chipotle and such which blends better ingredients and fresher preparation with their know how when it comes to running a chain.

And do not call it McDonald's at all.

They used to own Chipotle, didn't they?

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through at warp 3.7

@Hakkekage will create the new thread
    @syndalis is backup

This discussion has been closed.