As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All-Inclusive Luxury [chat] Massagery and Spa

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    annnd now i have agreed every single post on the first page hi hello whaddup?

did you run last night

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    annnd now i have agreed every single post on the first page hi hello whaddup?

Hi I am grumpy this morning how are you?

No internet and no youtube make nico something something

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

Wait.

Are you posting from the future?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

- We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

- We believe the current teaching of a multicultural curriculum is divisive. We favor strengthening our common American identity and loyalty instead of political correctness that nurtures alienation among racial and ethnic groups. Students should pledge allegiance to the American and Texas flags daily to instill patriotism.

- We recommend that local school boards and classroom teachers be given more authority to deal with disciplinary problems. Corporal punishment is effective and legal in Texas.

- We support objective teaching and equal treatment of all sides of scientific theories. We believe theories such as life origins and environmental change should be taught as challengeable scientific theories subject to change as new data is produced. Teachers and students should be able to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of these theories openly and without fear of retribution or discrimination of any kind.

- We believe that parents are best suited to train their children in their early development and oppose mandatory pre-school and Kindergarten. We urge Congress to repeal government-sponsored programs that deal with early childhood development.

- We believe the right of parents to raise and educate their children is fundamental. Parents have the right to withdraw their child from any specialized program. We urge the Legislature to enact penalties for violation of parental rights.

- We encourage the Governor and the Texas Legislature to enact child-centered school funding options which fund the student, not schools or districts, to allow maximum freedom of choice in public, private, or parochial education for all children.

- We believe that parents and legal guardians may choose to educate their children in private schools to include, but not limited to, home schools and parochial schools without government interference, through definition, regulation, accreditation, licensing, or testing.

- We urge school administrators and officials to inform Texas school students specifically of their First Amendment rights to pray and engage in religious speech, individually or in groups, on school property without government interference. We urge the Legislature to end censorship of discussion of religion in our founding documents and encourage discussing those documents.

- We support school subjects with emphasis on the Judeo-Christian principles upon which America was founded and which form the basis of America’s legal, political and economic systems. We support curricula that are heavily weighted on original founding documents, including the Declaration of Independence, the US Constitution, and Founders’ writings.

- We urge legislators to prohibit reproductive health care services, including counseling, referrals, and distribution of condoms and contraception through public schools. We support the parents’ right to choose, without penalty, which medications are administered to their minor children. We oppose medical clinics on school property except higher education and health care for students without parental consent.

- Since education is not an enumerated power of the federal government, we believe the Department of Education (DOE) should be abolished.

Jesus H. W. Christ

It stands to reason the GOP wants to keep people out of the "reality based community," so this makes sense, in, you know, an evil way.

Also, I've never gotten why corporal punishment is accepted by any parents in schools. Even if you use it yourself, surely you want to rely on your own discretion, and not some random stranger who happens to be employed with the local school department? I'd pretty pointedly note, "If you want to hit a member of my family, go ahead and call me, and I'll come right over."

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    My Facebook is nothing but a few pictures of my son and a picture of a car I was buying a few years ago. My facebook friends are almost exclusively people from high school or my wife's friends. I just don't get the appeal of the service. If I want to tell a person a thing, I will tell that person that thing. Why make a semi public announcement?

Those sweet, intoxicating Likes.

seriously though I deleted mine like 5 years ago and never looked back.

Meh, I dunno. I have a lot of friends that I simply don't see very often. But I'm still interested in what's going on with them. Or maybe they have a question they'd just like to ask generally to their friends not to a specific friend.

I find that Facebook is great for regular get together planning and such as well. It's just an easy format to do it in.

I don't think its something I need particularly. But it's easy and convenient. I don't really see a reason not to use it.

I think I post something once every 6 months. As kind of a sign I live to some folks.

But I use the messanger app for planning pretty much weekly with my friends. It is easy. We can all use it on or phones if not work computers for planning happy hours as we all work in completely different agencies and parts of town.

And it keeps me in touch with folks in Japan and a few other places.

I personally despise Facebook as a company. I have to perform a monthly check up to make sure they aren't being dumb with my privacy settings and I don't use my actual first and last name on there but it is kind of important for my social life.

Also holy fuck the next month, 0 free weekends.

So much booze.

I will be a dying squirtle.

u7stthr17eud.png
    bowen wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »

Wait.

Are you posting from the future?

On my phone about to hit my data cap until tomorrow.

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    i have finally found a gripe about living in the city

i will not be able to age my own bordeaux

i guess i'll just have to embark on a wildly successful career so that i can afford a place in the city and nice place in the country with my own wine cellar

What my uncle has is my desired endgame.

I want a nice home in the burbs somewhere, and an apartment in the city near good public transit, so that if I am working a crazy late night (or Summer and I end up out late and dont feel like going home), we can crash at the apartment.

My old boss used to do this. He lived waaaay outside of town. But kept a tiny apartment a few minutes from work. Worked out well for him. But that was also when he was getting that insane pharma moneys.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    yo who wants to throw things down into the old quarry later

919UOwT.png
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

- We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

- We believe the current teaching of a multicultural curriculum is divisive. We favor strengthening our common American identity and loyalty instead of political correctness that nurtures alienation among racial and ethnic groups. Students should pledge allegiance to the American and Texas flags daily to instill patriotism.

- We recommend that local school boards and classroom teachers be given more authority to deal with disciplinary problems. Corporal punishment is effective and legal in Texas.

- We support objective teaching and equal treatment of all sides of scientific theories. We believe theories such as life origins and environmental change should be taught as challengeable scientific theories subject to change as new data is produced. Teachers and students should be able to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of these theories openly and without fear of retribution or discrimination of any kind.

- We believe that parents are best suited to train their children in their early development and oppose mandatory pre-school and Kindergarten. We urge Congress to repeal government-sponsored programs that deal with early childhood development.

- We believe the right of parents to raise and educate their children is fundamental. Parents have the right to withdraw their child from any specialized program. We urge the Legislature to enact penalties for violation of parental rights.

- We encourage the Governor and the Texas Legislature to enact child-centered school funding options which fund the student, not schools or districts, to allow maximum freedom of choice in public, private, or parochial education for all children.

- We believe that parents and legal guardians may choose to educate their children in private schools to include, but not limited to, home schools and parochial schools without government interference, through definition, regulation, accreditation, licensing, or testing.

- We urge school administrators and officials to inform Texas school students specifically of their First Amendment rights to pray and engage in religious speech, individually or in groups, on school property without government interference. We urge the Legislature to end censorship of discussion of religion in our founding documents and encourage discussing those documents.

- We support school subjects with emphasis on the Judeo-Christian principles upon which America was founded and which form the basis of America’s legal, political and economic systems. We support curricula that are heavily weighted on original founding documents, including the Declaration of Independence, the US Constitution, and Founders’ writings.

- We urge legislators to prohibit reproductive health care services, including counseling, referrals, and distribution of condoms and contraception through public schools. We support the parents’ right to choose, without penalty, which medications are administered to their minor children. We oppose medical clinics on school property except higher education and health care for students without parental consent.

- Since education is not an enumerated power of the federal government, we believe the Department of Education (DOE) should be abolished.

Jesus H. W. Christ

Well these all sound like reasonable goals for the party that bluntly wishes to move us firmly into the 3rd world and create a permanent two-tier society with zero mobility.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

the quarry where the hive of wasp eggs are?

Bless your heart.
    TTODewback wrote: »

yes the very same quarry

919UOwT.png
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I'm glad the The Colossal Pillar of Wasp Eggs hatched life is so much better under our new masters

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

Jesus H. W. Christ

It stands to reason the GOP wants to keep people out of the "reality based community," so this makes sense, in, you know, an evil way.

Also, I've never gotten why corporal punishment is accepted by any parents in schools. Even if you use it yourself, surely you want to rely on your own discretion, and not some random stranger who happens to be employed with the local school department? I'd pretty pointedly note, "If you want to hit a member of my family, go ahead and call me, and I'll come right over."

My parents did get called when I got spanked in elementary school. But my ma wasn't gonna drive 45 min from work when the principal had a perfectly good paddle there already.

The whole "don't you discipline my kid" thing wasn't as common back in the day. Hell, my friends parents would discipline me and my friend if we were being little shits at their house.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Facebook is the worst.

fuck jesse eisenberg

He'll never be Michael Cera no matter how hard he tries. I'm pretty sure that fact haunts him.

17mmrbr17tbkijpg.jpg

edited September 2015
    a couple of t6 grifts and i already have 3 uliana's setpieces and a lions claw, and i have no worries about getting dupe setpieces and have use for orange dupes beyond salving because of the cube

diablo 3 keeps getting better and better

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    609551EdHelms.png

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    11891139_10153479564296343_1241893744944167759_n.jpg?oh=1a37cd4595d1c261d4c1b5224b6a916d&oe=566DD2CE

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

*Points both hands to @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot as if firing a pair of guns, then leaps onto a surfboard and glides off into the sunset*

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    a couple of t6 grifts and i already have 3 uliana's setpieces and a lions claw, and i have no worries about getting other setpieces and have use for orange dupes beyond salving because of the cube

diablo 3 keeps getting better and better

I have the claw but none of the setpieces yet. Monk this season is so much fun though. The cube is fantastic too.

u7stthr17eud.png
    My brother got slapped by a teacher once in school.

He stopped being a problem child.

At least in school.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    large.jpg

• programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

Jesus H. W. Christ

My parents did get called when I got spanked in elementary school. But my ma wasn't gonna drive 45 min from work when the principal had a perfectly good paddle there already.

The whole "don't you discipline my kid" thing wasn't as common back in the day. Hell, my friends parents would discipline me and my friend if we were being little shits at their house.

I don't get it in the context of a principal unless you know them personally. Grandma, or "the guy who saved me in 'Nam" or whatever, sure, but it has always seemed weird to me.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

Jesus H. W. Christ

Well these all sound like reasonable goals for the party that bluntly wishes to move us firmly into the 3rd world and create a permanent two-tier society with zero mobility.
    Because that would totally work for the muslim student who wishes to practice Salāt. It's not just for Baptists.

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

i'm afraid you have a case of the incurable insanimeity

give it to me straight doctor

how long do i have

What would be wrong with using a gay doctor?

edited September 2015
    I'm not saying that schools should paddle students but I do think the pendulum swung way too far towards parents being insanely, aggressively overprotective about their offspring.

I've had one too many times where I'm listening to a parent and I feel like they have an actual mental illness when they talk about their kids. No sense of proportion or reality, totally out of touch wrt crime statistics and real risk factors just elaborate all encompassing fantasies about what the world is trying to do to their kids and the ultra-violent revenge scenarios that they have planned out for when these things will surely occur, as they must, because obviously the whole damn world is focused on their precious child.

And I just o_O

and try to back away from them slowly.

Regina Fong on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

yes the very same quarry

ok but I'm bringing my shotgun.

Bless your heart.
    Alright last one
    enhanced-buzz-29987-1358520091-1.jpg

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Are those things bodies?

Winky wrote: »
    large.jpg

It feels like it should be reversed or something.

i'm afraid you have a case of the incurable insanimeity

give it to me straight doctor

how long do i have

What would be wrong with using a gay doctor?

oh no

my bigotry, laid bare

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Mad Max is really fun, but man alive Max has a very toxic relationship with Chumbucket.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mad Max is really fun, but man alive Max has a very toxic relationship with Chumbucket.

I uh

definitely misread that at first

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    People are weird about kids

Like, they want to have them I guess?

It's weird

Idgi

I definitely read cumbucket about 4 times.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    syndalis wrote: »
    Its very much a damned if you do and damned if you don't, and I cannot even imagine the stress of that situation.

Makes blind dating near-impossible. I find it interesting how some of the trans members of this community have found love/companionship here - which is a much more open and safe place than most, which allows them to be open about who they are (not just in a gender sense but a political, social, everything - we all share a lot about ourselves here behind the anonymity of our handles and avatars), which allows people who grow to like who they are to reach out to them, and its wonderful.

The real world cannot work like that yet, and it will probably be generations before it does, because humanity sucks.

@Syndalis for what it's worth my non-internet social life involves people of similar type

No one gives a shit, largely.

Clearly all trans people should be in biology doctorate programs in non-rural areas.

Elendil wrote: »
    People are weird about kids

Like, they want to have them I guess?

It's weird

Idgi

They got weirder.

I'm not saying that schools should paddle students but I do think the pendulum swung way too far towards parents being insanely, aggressively overprotective about their offspring.

I've had one too many times where I'm listening to a parent and I feel like they have an actual mental illness when they talk about their kids. No sense of proportion or reality, totally out of touch wrt crime statistics and real risk factors just elaborate all encompassing fantasies about what the world is trying to do to their kids and the ultra-violent revenge scenarios that they have planned out for when these things will surely occur, as they must, because obviously the whole damn world is focused on their precious child.

And I just o_O

and try to back away from them slowly.

But I am a precious child

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    The word "hangry" is dumb and I refuse to bow to whichever windowless meeting room in an ad agency's personality-less office that concocted it by accepting it as an actual word

This is my defiance of the day for 9/2/15

This discussion has been closed.