As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All-Inclusive Luxury [chat] Massagery and Spa

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mad Max is really fun, but man alive Max has a very toxic relationship with Chumbucket.

I uh

definitely misread that at first

Look its toxic its not that toxic. Max just smashes the car and shouts at Chum to fix it without ever thanking him for doing the work!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Neat botox is being used to treat cluster headaches.

Literally taking poison and making it our bitch.

Humans are great sometimes.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    The word "hangry" is dumb and I refuse to bow to whichever windowless meeting room in an ad agency's personality-less office that concocted it by accepting it as an actual word

This is my defiance of the day for 9/2/15

tumblr_ntqty1k7Wy1s21xzoo1_500.gif

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I'm not saying that schools should paddle students but I do think the pendulum swung way too far towards parents being insanely, aggressively overprotective about their offspring.

I've had one too many times where I'm listening to a parent and I feel like they have an actual mental illness when they talk about their kids. No sense of proportion or reality, totally out of touch wrt crime statistics and real risk factors just elaborate all encompassing fantasies about what the world is trying to do to their kids and the ultra-violent revenge scenarios that they have planned out for when these things will surely occur, as they must, because obviously the whole damn world is focused on their precious child.

And I just o_O

and try to back away from them slowly.

But I am a precious child

Of course.

But I think everyone needs to take a step back and recognize that the primary thing that will determine the success of your children is the amount of wealth they inherit from you.

So focus on making lots of money and sound investments. They are relying on you to die rich.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I like the Ellen Page = Bulbasaur one because you can clearly identify that thick framed glasses are the equivalent to ivysaur's bloom

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    The word "hangry" is dumb and I refuse to bow to whichever windowless meeting room in an ad agency's personality-less office that concocted it by accepting it as an actual word

It's a legit word in my opinion. Lots of people get grumpy when they're hungry.

It's great that English is kind of taking a page from German and just making up words by combining other words. It's too bad we don't do it exactly like them.

It could've been "grumpystomach" or something.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    I'm not saying that schools should paddle students but I do think the pendulum swung way too far towards parents being insanely, aggressively overprotective about their offspring.

I've had one too many times where I'm listening to a parent and I feel like they have an actual mental illness when they talk about their kids. No sense of proportion or reality, totally out of touch wrt crime statistics and real risk factors just elaborate all encompassing fantasies about what the world is trying to do to their kids and the ultra-violent revenge scenarios that they have planned out for when these things will surely occur, as they must, because obviously the whole damn world is focused on their precious child.

And I just o_O

Of course.

But I think everyone needs to take a step back and recognize that the primary thing that will determine the success of your children is the amount of wealth they inherit from you.

So focus on making lots of money and sound investments. They are relying on you to die rich.

BUT I AM A PRECIOUS CHILD

• BSoBBSoB Registered User regular

The word hangry is fine.

Coors light has decided that thrangry is a word, and that people who are it want Coors light.

fuck them.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I helped organise a university college show today and watched from the audience and mein gott some of the students were just looking to be offended

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mad Max is really fun, but man alive Max has a very toxic relationship with Chumbucket.

Right? He just wants to help, and Max can't even ask nicely. Fix mah car! Just chill.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

And I just o_O

Of course.

So, FWIW, this is very accurate, depending on your country. Even disregarding wealth, inherited income is huge.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

It's a legit word in my opinion. Lots of people get grumpy when they're hungry.

It's great that English is kind of taking a page from German and just making up words by combining other words. It's too bad we don't do it exactly like them.

It could've been "grumpystomach" or something.

When my girlfriend and I start to hate each other we realize we just waited too long for lunch.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    re: brooklyn bar menu generator

"FRENCH GRAVLAX 8"

<_<

>_>

I ate gravlax at a french cafe this weekend.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    seriously tho this morning my mom threw yet another fit about her downward spiraling life and how alone she is and how me and my sister abandoned her and all it did was piss me off and i yelled that i couldn't and wouldn't fix her problems and she yelled back about how it was my responsibility to bail her out and i just walked out

I don't need your money but I am also not going to inherit your fuckups and debts, parents >:[

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Its very much a damned if you do and damned if you don't, and I cannot even imagine the stress of that situation.

Makes blind dating near-impossible. I find it interesting how some of the trans members of this community have found love/companionship here - which is a much more open and safe place than most, which allows them to be open about who they are (not just in a gender sense but a political, social, everything - we all share a lot about ourselves here behind the anonymity of our handles and avatars), which allows people who grow to like who they are to reach out to them, and its wonderful.

The real world cannot work like that yet, and it will probably be generations before it does, because humanity sucks.

Syndalis for what it's worth my non-internet social life involves people of similar type

No one gives a shit, largely.

Clearly all trans people should be in biology doctorate programs in non-rural areas.

I have been lucky in this regard as well, but ya know, Seattle.

Of course in my case at least, I am rather cautious with who I allow myself to hang out with. Not so much anymore, but I definitely did a bit of pruning in my life. :P

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Though also since the targets of my romantic and erotic attention tend to be women it's also less of an issue since women don't tend to murder other women for insulting their masculinity a lot

Which is how trans people tend to die

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I helped organise a university college show today and watched from the audience and mein gott some of the students were just looking to be offended

isn't there like several comedians who say they will never play colleges because of this

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    In my experience, corporal punishment produces aggressively violent kids compared to other methods.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Elki wrote: »
    In my experience, corporal punishment produces aggressively violent kids compared to other methods.

the beating will continue until

you know what

fuck it

Elki wrote: »

Well at least you're not making them play video games!

edited September 2015
    I dunno

My brother has five kids, and he posted a thing on fb last night, one of those dumb images, witha kid saying in the caption "i thought I had adhd until I saw my dad grab his belt" and ya know what? I will take overprotectiveness over that any day.

Neco on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular

isn't there like several comedians who say they will never play colleges because of this

Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld, a few others I can't recall.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.

Last night I was reading Kafka on the Shore and I got to the part where the ladies arrive at the library and a character made a very trenchant observation about hollow men related to this

i recommend this book

people

go read it

especially if you want a lot of words spent on mentioning the continued existence and state of any number of cock and balls

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    growing humans is tricky, is the thing

Just buy them premade

as a disappointment,

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

america is the factory farm of childrenculture

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    @Winky do I have you on PSN?

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    we should really just cut it out with the whole children thing and assemble robots to care for our aging husks and collectively end as a race with dignity

I only have a two day work week next week

oh my!

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I have to go to work work tomorrow this is an outrage.

I want to only work at conventions.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I want what is best for my son and damn the rest of the world, and I can't begrudge other parents for feeling the same.

also sarah invited a bunch of her friends over this weekend and I guess I have to come up with some food for them

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    hmm totalbiscuit says the pc port of MGS5 is good

yesss

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

america is the factory farm of childrenculture

Nah, that's India.

America is more of a meth lab than a factory farm wrt child-rearing.

It works out alright sometimes, but sometimes it explodes and kills everyone.

i have a 4 day weekend

i am going to spend one day riding the subway taking pictures

another writing

and another working in my orks

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    A parent called and complained to Madre , "why are you not helping my daughter in class?" She has an open door policy. One student hates school lunches and she let's him use her microwave so he can heat up food from home. She has and will stay till 5 setting up labs and helping students when they choose to stay.
    Parents are the worst.

Winky do I have you on PSN?

@bloodyroarxx I don't believe so, I'm AJWinkerton

Aioua wrote: »
    I have to go to work work tomorrow this is an outrage.

I want to only work at conventions.

Vowels I have to go to work tomorrow too. ;-;

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    hmm totalbiscuit says the pc port of MGS5 is good

yesss

Yean Ground Zeroes was fantastic, so it was only natural this would be too.

This discussion has been closed.