As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All-Inclusive Luxury [chat] Massagery and Spa

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Winky do I have you on PSN?

@bloodyroarxx I don't believe so, I'm AJWinkerton

you shall be added shortly.!

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    hmm totalbiscuit says the pc port of MGS5 is good

yesss

Not surprising considering how good the Ground Zeroes port was.

I still got it on PS4 though so I could play it on the big screen.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    we should really just cut it out with the whole children thing and assemble robots to care for our aging husks and collectively end as a race with dignity

Where in this plan do we acquire dignity?

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    desc what does hangry mean

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    seriously tho this morning my mom threw yet another fit about her downward spiraling life and how alone she is and how me and my sister abandoned her and all it did was piss me off and i yelled that i couldn't and wouldn't fix her problems and she yelled back about how it was my responsibility to bail her out and i just walked out

I don't need your money but I am also not going to inherit your fuckups and debts, parents >:[

It sucks not having a good relationship with your parents.

Like I have a pretty good one with mine... then I go visit my g/f's and it's like a fucking war zone.

No one talks to anyone.

She hasn't talked to her mother in 8 weeks at this point because she was supposed to come visit her but we had tornado warnings and the roads were flooded so we turned around. Apparently this was some mean spirited thing directed at the mother. A few weeks later she posted on facebook "So excited the kids are coming to visit."

Apparently this was the cue for my girlfriend to get jealous that her sister and brother was going to visit that weekend because they were invited up and call her mother and go "am I invited to visit too?" and thus make it seem like my g/f was the one who came groveling. But she saw right through that bullshit (it's taken me 10 years to get her to understand it is 100% okay to stand up for yourself in front of your parents) and ignored it.

Then she gets a group text from her father (not living with the mother) and goes "I'm sorry you couldn't make it (Bowen's G/F) but I hope the rest of you kids have a good time!" He included mother on the text.

She texted back "What? I didn't know there was anything going on, I wasn't invited."

I guess her father let her mother have it for singling her out and being a massive twat to her versus her brother and sister. And the worst part was she covered it up by lying to him about it and saying she chose not to go. She called 18 times that day. My girlfriend ignored every single one and still hasn't called her back.

On her birthday she got a text message "happy birthday" and that was it.

Her step-father texted something along the lines of "happy birthday!!! Hope it's fun!!!"

It's weird when a step parent cares for a kid more than the actual parent. And a father that's only been in her life for a few years cares more too. Some people are really weird in regards to their kids. Even though I don't want them, I can't imagine ever acting like that or thinking I'm entitled to anything from my children.

Sorry for the long story, didn't mean to detract from your troubles either. Just remarking about how weird and foreign that is to me.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    You can't even make a career out of doing convention work.

Well, you can but the companies that do it are not great places to work.

I want to be independently wealthy so I can do volunteer-level work at shows. Maybe one a month.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    In my experience, corporal punishment produces aggressively violent kids compared to other methods.

I'm not going to hit my kids because even if I don't totally screw them up, they'll grow up to be the type of adult who says "My dad hit me and I turned out okay".

And that's really just as bad.

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Also, let's be honest here. The most important thing about grades is them being high so you can get into a good college. I think it is totally understandable when parents fight for heir kids to have higher grades, because regardless of how a kid did on a math test, their entire future matters more than mastery of the material. We have a bad system right now, but how can you blame parents for wanting their kids to succeed in the job market?

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    a couple of t6 grifts and i already have 3 uliana's setpieces and a lions claw, and i have no worries about getting other setpieces and have use for orange dupes beyond salving because of the cube

diablo 3 keeps getting better and better

I have the claw but none of the setpieces yet. Monk this season is so much fun though. The cube is fantastic too.

the cube is huge

the extract legendary power thing is going to make for some crazy, crazy builds

i might have to go whirlwind barb again to see what stuff i can come up with

919UOwT.png
    Also, let's be honest here. The most important thing about grades is them being high so you can get into a good college. I think it is totally understandable when parents fight for heir kids to have higher grades, because regardless of how a kid did on a math test, their entire future matters more than mastery of the material. We have a bad system right now, but how can you blame parents for wanting their kids to succeed in the job market?

Abolish capitalism

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    should I go get a latte somewhere or make coffee in my own house hmm

I was at walmart this morning and MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN Im glad Im broke cause I would of bought the shit out of this.

81gJ0in25SL._SL1500_.jpg

Neco your avatar makes me want cotton candy

And Shelley Duvall?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mad Max is really fun, but man alive Max has a very toxic relationship with Chumbucket.

Right? He just wants to help, and Max can't even ask nicely. Fix mah car! Just chill.

Its like I said to my wife as I went to explore/murder some people "Chum stay in the car I'm going to go do something to random survivors what you know I'm thinking of doing to you should you fuck up later on."

I mean when you beat up scrotus's legions how do we even know these guys wanted to attack you? You just show up in your death machine and throw down with the german suplex's and swinging arm breakers. You're the bad guy.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

the obvious solution is to just have smarter children to begin with

919UOwT.png
    The Star Wars figures look so goooooood in that style.

Wow.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Police: Homeowner shot by police, officer likely shot by other officer

3 separate officers responded to the wrong house after being called about a possible burglary.
    Enter wrong house.
    Kill dog
    Shoot homeowner
    Then one of the other officers shoots another officer.

GG Atlanta PD

Bless your heart.
    HAH so your Birthday does do something in MGS5

After lots of very careful consideration I have decided I would be willing to have sex with Shelley Duvall, if she was nice in person.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    annnd now i have agreed every single post on the first page hi hello whaddup?

did you run last night

@Hakkekage

no i didn't >.<

but what i did do was spend another two hours sweating my ass off pulling up terf and moving big rocks

i had to do it and afterwards i could hardly walk let alone run =/

Hello
    I'm Shelley Duvall

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2015
    i don't know

i think we probably go to where we are, at least partially, due to overemphazing arbitrary benchmarks like grades over actually knowing the material

Vanguard on
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    In my experience, corporal punishment produces aggressively violent kids compared to other methods.

I'm not going to hit my kids because even if I don't totally screw them up, they'll grow up to be the type of adult who says "My dad hit me and I turned out okay".

And that's really just as bad.

I mean, they'll have a hard enough time with the lies we need to tell ourselves on a daily basis just to keep sane without heaping another blatant falsehood on top of it.

sig.gif
    TTODewback wrote: »

3 separate officers responded to the wrong house after being called about a possible burglary.
    Enter wrong house.
    Kill dog
    Shoot homeowner

GG Atlanta PD

I read this in the paper this morning. Just horrifying. The guy ran out of his house, bleeding over to a neighbor saying "why did they shoot me? why did they shoot my dog?"

The worst part is that he is legitimately lucky to even be alive.

There's also an under-reported epidemic of cops killing peoples dogs. They feel that they have the right to shoot any dog for any reason.

"I need to get into this back yard" justifies shooting a dog that lives in that yard.

Does your avatar do anything? Is it used for online or whatever?

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I really want to see trainwreck

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

Enter wrong house.
    Kill dog
    Shoot homeowner

GG Atlanta PD

It was DeKalb County police, not Atlanta city police. Not that it matters, but still.

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    seriously tho this morning my mom threw yet another fit about her downward spiraling life and how alone she is and how me and my sister abandoned her and all it did was piss me off and i yelled that i couldn't and wouldn't fix her problems and she yelled back about how it was my responsibility to bail her out and i just walked out

I don't need your money but I am also not going to inherit your fuckups and debts, parents >:[

It sucks not having a good relationship with your parents.

Like I have a pretty good one with mine... then I go visit my g/f's and it's like a fucking war zone.

No one talks to anyone.

She hasn't talked to her mother in 8 weeks at this point because she was supposed to come visit her but we had tornado warnings and the roads were flooded so we turned around. Apparently this was some mean spirited thing directed at the mother. A few weeks later she posted on facebook "So excited the kids are coming to visit."

Apparently this was the cue for my girlfriend to get jealous that her sister and brother was going to visit that weekend because they were invited up and call her mother and go "am I invited to visit too?" and thus make it seem like my g/f was the one who came groveling. But she saw right through that bullshit (it's taken me 10 years to get her to understand it is 100% okay to stand up for yourself in front of your parents) and ignored it.

Then she gets a group text from her father (not living with the mother) and goes "I'm sorry you couldn't make it (Bowen's G/F) but I hope the rest of you kids have a good time!" He included mother on the text.

She texted back "What? I didn't know there was anything going on, I wasn't invited."

I guess her father let her mother have it for singling her out and being a massive twat to her versus her brother and sister. And the worst part was she covered it up by lying to him about it and saying she chose not to go. She called 18 times that day. My girlfriend ignored every single one and still hasn't called her back.

On her birthday she got a text message "happy birthday" and that was it.

Her step-father texted something along the lines of "happy birthday!!! Hope it's fun!!!"

It's weird when a step parent cares for a kid more than the actual parent. And a father that's only been in her life for a few years cares more too. Some people are really weird in regards to their kids. Even though I don't want them, I can't imagine ever acting like that or thinking I'm entitled to anything from my children.

Sorry for the long story, didn't mean to detract from your troubles either. Just remarking about how weird and foreign that is to me.

It's weird and foreign to Beasto too, who also has a good relationship with his fam

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    large.jpg

It feels like it should be reversed or something.

i never realised until now how all our celebrities are clones

alt post all y'all whiteys look alike to me

Does your avatar do anything? Is it used for online or whatever?

Yea thats apparently your character for MGO when it launches

Vanguard wrote: »
    i don't know

i think we probably go to where we, at least partially, over emphasis arbitrary benchmarks like grades over actually knowing the material

Yes and no. I mean if you know the material you generally aren't getting shitty grades. I mean I had some shit grades my senior year because I slacked off, but I also didn't know most of the shit I was supposed to be learning despite claiming that yes I did.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    tho that nonsense passive aggression BS isn't my issue but it also is stupid, bowen

annnd now i have agreed every single post on the first page hi hello whaddup?

did you run last night

@Hakkekage

no i didn't >.<

but what i did do was spend another two hours sweating my ass off pulling up terf and moving big rocks

i had to do it and afterwards i could hardly walk let alone run =/

im just given u a hard tiem

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    i don't know

i think we probably go to where we are, at least partially, due to overemphazing arbitrary benchmarks like grades over actually knowing the material

I agree. But what parent is going to let their kid suffer over a principled stance?

Neco wrote: »
    Hello
    I'm Shelley Duvall

I DONT GET IT

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

What you do and how you learn in grade school create habits that can affect the rest of your life. For example, teachers are taught not to compliment a successful student for being smart, but to compliment them for their hard work. There are plenty of studies that show that the "hard-working" kid will be more successful than the "smart" kid, because the smart kid will assume they can just coast and rely on their brains.

It makes sense to want your kid to do well in school, but you should do so by getting them to work hard and to establish good habits. If your kid only has great grades because you bullied their teachers, then they're not going to be in a position to really take advantage of that opportunity. Even worse, you're potentially taking up a spot at that school that could've gone to a kid who actually deserved it.

large.jpg

It feels like it should be reversed or something.

i never realised until now how all our celebrities are clones

alt post all y'all whiteys look alike to me

The irony of a corgi saying this.

Either you are all identical or you have tteleportation powers and are everywhere!

Whoever did the sound work on the Mad Max game did a great job, but holy shit dog calm your shit I'm finding the mines jesus.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.