As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All-Inclusive Luxury [chat] Massagery and Spa

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    It's rough because what a parent does for their child can't exactly be defined as selfishness. I agree it's hard to stand in judgment of someone who is doing what they think is best for someone they love.

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote:
    Hello
    I'm Shelley Duvall

I DONT GET IT

Hakkes. Darling. There's...there's nothing to get! Do you see now?

https://youtu.be/QrVoJgQ7u8w

i....do not

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    tho that nonsense passive aggression BS isn't my issue but it also is stupid, bowen

Yeah g/f used to get the "you owe me your life" routine a lot.

Like, g/f should be lavishing her mother with gifts and shit.

A few christmases ago she got sick of hearing it and said something like, "I'm not going to apologize for being a child or being born, those were your decisions. If I was a terrible child, that's on you, you raised me. I don't want to hear about it again and I don't want to hear how my brother and sister both apologized for it."

I'm paraphrasing a 40 minute lash out fest on christmas though.

'you owe me your life' is kinda funny

cause like, as a kid, fuck you, you owe me for bringing me into this miserable world

Like, I'm probably going to have kids but I kinda feel bad about it. The future of society in the next 100 years seems like a serious gamble.

Don't let the Fox News get to you. Things are on the whole better than they have ever been and continue to improve.

Now having kids in 12th century Europe, that was unconscionable.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    Casual wrote: »
    Hakks you can just always assume and act like i'm a lying piece of shit who doesn't run

on the times when i have the moral high ground and a good excuse i will just endure

i would but i dont want you to lie about not running

there are plenty of legit reasons to not run

its only a problem when you not run for several unscheduled days of not running in a row

then i will kick your fluffy butt

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Hulu++
    After "a lot of research," the streaming service has embarked on a new experiment. The hypothesis: consumers will pay $4 more than the competing, ad-free service in order to get still-not-entirely-ad-free access to Hulu's library. While most shows on Hulu's new subscription tier will run without ads, "a few shows... including New Girl, Scandal, How To Get Away With Murder, Grey's Anatomy, and Agents Of Shield — will have a 15-second pre-roll ad and a 30-second post roll."

Are you fucking kidding me? An option to pay more money for a service that still shows ads? These people.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Look Hakkes, Neco self-identifies as Shelley Duvall and whether you understand or not doesn't matter. You just need to acknowledge and support her for the Shelley Duvall that she is.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    It's rough because what a parent does for their child can't exactly be defined as selfishness. I agree it's hard to stand in judgment of someone who is doing what they think is best for someone they love.

No, it's still selfishness.

It's necessary a lot of the time, but I don't think it's particularly admirable.

"Fuck you, got mine" is still the root of most of our problems.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote:
    Hello
    I'm Shelley Duvall

I DONT GET IT

Hakkes. Darling. There's...there's nothing to get! Do you see now?

https://youtu.be/QrVoJgQ7u8w

i....do not

Well then.

Hello,
    I'm Shelley Duvall

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man fuck that bullshit. I love prime not having any god damn ads. Or at least they don't when I watch on the bone.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    energy levels at minimum, captain

reserves exhausted

sig.gif
    Look Hakkes, Neco self-identifies as Shelley Duvall and whether you understand or not doesn't matter. You just need to acknowledge and support her for the Shelley Duvall that she is.

shelley duvall is so far off my cultural radar i have no idea what her significance is and you know what i'm not having it

I refuse

I REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR SHELLEY DUVALL IDENTITY, NECO

(bring back Bloodborne doll!!!)

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    The word "hangry" is dumb and I refuse to bow to whichever windowless meeting room in an ad agency's personality-less office that concocted it by accepting it as an actual word

This is my defiance of the day for 9/2/15

tumblr_ntqty1k7Wy1s21xzoo1_500.gif

There is no part of the human experience that cannot be encapsulated in an Umaru gif

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Hakks you can just always assume and act like i'm a lying piece of shit who doesn't run

on the times when i have the moral high ground and a good excuse i will just endure

its only a problem when you not run for several unscheduled days of not running in a row

I'm making mind up about whether or not im being a lazy shit today

the truth is i did genuinely hurt my back hauling a rock out of the ground

it doesn't hurt as much as it did last night but it does hurt

i'm having a raging mental argument about what to do

half of me wants to let my back rest the other half wants me to get my ass on the trail

Casual on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    The word "hangry" is dumb and I refuse to bow to whichever windowless meeting room in an ad agency's personality-less office that concocted it by accepting it as an actual word

There is no part of the human experience that cannot be encapsulated in an Umaru gif

What about hating anime

nibXTE7.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Hulu++
    After "a lot of research," the streaming service has embarked on a new experiment. The hypothesis: consumers will pay $4 more than the competing, ad-free service in order to get still-not-entirely-ad-free access to Hulu's library. While most shows on Hulu's new subscription tier will run without ads, "a few shows... including New Girl, Scandal, How To Get Away With Murder, Grey's Anatomy, and Agents Of Shield — will have a 15-second pre-roll ad and a 30-second post roll."

Are you fucking kidding me? An option to pay more money for a service that still shows ads? These people.

"See people who don't have cable, streaming is just like cable, you should probably go back to cable. CABLE."

nibXTE7.png

No, it's still selfishness.

It's necessary a lot of the time, but I don't think it's particularly admirable.

"Fuck you, got mine" is still the root of most of our problems.

Is it "fuck you, got mine" if you're doing it entirely for the interests of someone else you care about?

Granted, I agree entirely that the biggest issue the world faces is that the circle of people we care about just isn't nearly large enough, but I still can't call that "fuck you, got mine". It's a different notion entirely.

Oh wait Neco yeah go back to being the Bloodborne doll.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I get showered with praise by my parents because I was an angel growing up and my brothers were horrid and both went crazy

deeeeeeeeesc there is a maraca Umaru!

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    tho that nonsense passive aggression BS isn't my issue but it also is stupid, bowen

A few christmases ago she got sick of hearing it and said something like, "I'm not going to apologize for being a child or being born, those were your decisions. If I was a terrible child, that's on you, you raised me. I don't want to hear about it again and I don't want to hear how my brother and sister both apologized for it."

cause like, as a kid, fuck you, you owe me for bringing me into this miserable world

Like, I'm probably going to have kids but I kinda feel bad about it. The future of society in the next 100 years seems like a serious gamble.

Don't let the Fox News get to you. Things are on the whole better than they have ever been and continue to improve.

Yeah, I know this.

Still think we're looking at pretty good odds for a nuclear war and global economic collapse. When the population centers need to move around because of global warming things aren't gonna be pretty.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies

What about hating anime

this one

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

reserves exhausted

divert power from nonessential systems to the coffee sensory array

we need to find a new power source before its too late

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

It can be hard to keep that in mind when you have right wing populism advocating for regressive policies and places like MENA destabilising and Russia propagandising "Maybe we can win a nuclear exchange" and global warming which, while not world-ending, is going to be a pain to deal with and pretty catastrophic for +lots of folk.

Were there problems in 1154? Of course. But sometimes today's problems feel much bigger.

I'm making mind up about whether or not im being a lazy shit today

the truth is i did genuinely hurt my back hauling a rock out of the ground

it doesn't hurt as much as it did last night but it does hurt

i'm having a raging mental argument about what to do

half of me wants to let my back rest the other half wants me to get my ass on the trail

it's hard to know if some soreness is going to have a negative effect on your running enough to make you stop but you won't know that until you actually go out and try to run it

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Evening. Why are there gifs of a potato person everywhere?

I get showered with praise by my parents because I was an angel growing up and my brothers were horrid and both went crazy

So your parental review was "meets expectations" and you took full advantage of the curve

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I've never even played Bloodborne though! I would be such a fake!

The Shining, on the other hand...

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Whenever I see Shelly Duvall I think of pretty much only Popeye and The Shining. But mostly Popeye.

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    You are able to pick up new material and master it at certain periods of growth. Adolescent education is not "just for the grade".

That said, there is not much a teacher can do for a lazy student.

Haphazard wrote: »
    Evening. Why are there gifs of a potato person everywhere?

tumblr_nu0o5vV5U01uddo14o1_500.gif

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

reserves exhausted

no bro i am not a coffee slave like you

today is a no coffee day

sig.gif
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

It can be hard to keep that in mind when you have right wing populism advocating for regressive policies and places like MENA destabilising and Russia propagandising "Maybe we can win a nuclear exchange" and global warming which, while not world-ending, is going to be a pain to deal with and pretty catastrophic for +lots of folk.

Were there problems in 1154? Of course. But sometimes today's problems feel much bigger.

Global warming is the "pumpkin spice latte is going away" of problems compared to "I will be tortured and murdered for my religious beliefs unless a random pandemic gets me first".

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    so at work there's a few arcade cabinets on my floor over by one of the kitchenettes. one of them is a galaga + ms pacman standup.

One of the devs on my team beat Galaga. In that game if your score gets high enough it eventually wraps around to 0 again. He got to the exact max possible score prior to the wrap then deliberately game overed. It is actually impossible to beat his high score on there :)

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    I don't know what I expected.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

reserves exhausted

no bro i am not a coffee slave like you

today is a no coffee day

sir we're receiving a distress beacon from that freighter

its identified as a non-coffee federation ship

*clenches jaw*

there's nothing we can do

let it drift in the cold emptiness of space

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

Yeah, I know this.

Still think we're looking at pretty good odds for a nuclear war and global economic collapse. When the population centers need to move around because of global warming things aren't gonna be pretty.

I don't think that we're at pretty good odds for a nuclear war, at least. Global economic collapse depends entirely on how well we transition to a more and more post scarcity society. Global warming is an issue, yeah, but prob. more for food production and ecosystems than directly destroying population centers.

I think you are still far too pessimistic, just in a left wing apocalyptic sense instead of a Fox News crime and drugs and middle east sense.

I ate an engineer
    the potato person is our spirit animal

embrace her

sig.gif
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Eh..

If the rest of the midwest and texas becomes a bit more arid that ain't no big.

Canada is mostly unpopulated in the northern part.

Global warming isn't really going to be an enormous issue.

I think before it becomes a catastrophe for cities in certain areas, we'll see better scrubbing tech. We're already seeing some examples now that can run on solar and pull carbon from the air and make diesel fuel. We're also seeing some type of algea that can be used to synthesize gasoline from carbon too.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Alright so what if there was a button, and if you pushed it global warming would go away forever but also pumpkin spice lattes would too

This discussion has been closed.