As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All-Inclusive Luxury [chat] Massagery and Spa

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    the potato person is our spirit animal

embrace her

Never!

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    It's rough because what a parent does for their child can't exactly be defined as selfishness. I agree it's hard to stand in judgment of someone who is doing what they think is best for someone they love.

No, it's still selfishness.

It's necessary a lot of the time, but I don't think it's particularly admirable.

"Fuck you, got mine" is still the root of most of our problems.

Is it "fuck you, got mine" if you're doing it entirely for the interests of someone else you care about?

Granted, I agree entirely that the biggest issue the world faces is that the circle of people we care about just isn't nearly large enough, but I still can't call that "fuck you, got mine". It's a different notion entirely.

To me, the point of being selfless is to rise above your base instincts to create a world that's better for all of humanity.

Wanting your children to have every advantage and damn the costs is like, the most base instinct. You are a genetic machine and that is your only goal.

Being selfless for the sake of you children is expected (and those who are selfless in spite of their children are monsters).

But I don't think it's praiseworthy.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    I don't know what I expected.

playing video games is hard work

tumblr_nt6hhnj42Y1tydz8to1_500.gif

is man not entitled to the saves on his system

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    pour a psl on that button

sig.gif
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Global warming isn't really going to be an enormous issue.

haha

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Alright so what if there was a button, and if you pushed it global warming would go away forever but also pumpkin spice lattes would too

I'd probably hit it 3 or 4 times.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

haha

I assume there's an unstated "for the globally rich" on there.

• Options
    Alright so what if there was a button, and if you pushed it global warming would go away forever but also pumpkin spice lattes would too

brace yourself
    tumblr_ntqb70PWp41sqoxjko1_500.gif

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    so at work there's a few arcade cabinets on my floor over by one of the kitchenettes. one of them is a galaga + ms pacman standup.

One of the devs on my team beat Galaga. In that game if your score gets high enough it eventually wraps around to 0 again. He got to the exact max possible score prior to the wrap then deliberately game overed. It is actually impossible to beat his high score on there :)

But did he put his initials in as "ASS"?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

pressed!

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

SzqkjmM.jpg

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

I'd probably hit it 3 or 4 times.

The world turns to ice and haloween no longer exists. Monster.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I am so not looking forward to having to put together a bunch of baby furniture. I just know that my wife will sit there pregnant as hell reading directions that don't make sense giving me the "come on you're a man put this shit together" face. I can see it clear as I can see the stupid in my own face.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

haha

In terms of shit that can go wrong and wreck the earth, it's pretty insignificant.

Lots of humans will die too, sure.

I'd be more worried about running out of fossil fuels without an alternative than worry that global warming might make Texas an unlivable desert and make Seattle's climate more like Florida's.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    I get showered with praise by my parents because I was an angel growing up and my brothers were horrid and both went crazy

I get showered with praise because I was fairly horrid growing up and am ok now.

It's all about setting the bar low, then just managing to clear it.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

brace yourself
    tumblr_ntqb70PWp41sqoxjko1_500.gif

This is officially the response to hypothetical button questions forever

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    *gingerly stands up*

whelp that kind of settles it

the muscles in my ass and left thigh have joined in the fun so that would be a no

>.<

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Preacher wrote: »
    I am so not looking forward to having to put together a bunch of baby furniture. I just know that my wife will sit there pregnant as hell reading directions that don't make sense giving me the "come on you're a man put this shit together" face. I can see it clear as I can see the stupid in my own face.

Something about this description makes me laugh

• Options

don't be a chump and be a man for the mother of your child preacher

men were biologically blessed with being able to follow dense ikea assembly instructions, that's just science

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Does the game actually rise above being medicore?

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    winky usually those button scenarios have a downside

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Eh..

If the rest of the midwest and texas becomes a bit more arid that ain't no big.

Canada is mostly unpopulated in the northern part.

I think before it becomes a catastrophe for cities in certain areas, we'll see better scrubbing tech. We're already seeing some examples now that can run on solar and pull carbon from the air and make diesel fuel. We're also seeing some type of algea that can be used to synthesize gasoline from carbon too.

That's pretty America-centric thinking

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular

haha

In terms of shit that can go wrong and wreck the earth, it's pretty insignificant.

I'd be more worried about running out of fossil fuels without an alternative than worry that global warming might make Texas an unlivable desert and make Seattle's climate more like Florida's.

But Florida will be underwater so......... net positive?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

haha

lots of humans dying is a bad thing and we should work to avert that

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

how many of these things do you have??

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

pressed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJQ-LZYAMBQ

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Eh..

I think before it becomes a catastrophe for cities in certain areas, we'll see better scrubbing tech. We're already seeing some examples now that can run on solar and pull carbon from the air and make diesel fuel. We're also seeing some type of algea that can be used to synthesize gasoline from carbon too.

Fine if you live in Alberta, not so great if you live in Bangladesh.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Casual wrote: »
    *gingerly stands up*

whelp that kind of settles it

the muscles in my ass and left thigh have joined in the fun so that would be a no

>.<

*slaps*

I was sore all over from STRONGLIFTS on monday night and I still attempted to run at race pace yesterday morning and I'm STILL sore and i still cranked out a (slow) 5K THIS morning. SORE MUSCLES ARE AN EXCUSE FOR POOR PERFORMANCE BUT NOT FOR NO PERFORMANCE

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I can't wait for politicians to start calling on science and technology to solve global warming and we enter an era of doing tremendously stupid, expensive nonsense to try and fix it. Always a good time for science to slip the good shit in under the radar.

Yes obviously we need this super collider for carbon sequestration because the higgs boson is actually like, a mega carbon binder you don't even know. Do you want the icecaps back or what?!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Eh..

That's pretty America-centric thinking

Maybe.

The big picture? Humanity will human on.

The little picture? Everyone but the western nations is fucked.

Europe and America will probably be okay.

Canada will probably become the new superpower.

bowen on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Oh I have no preconceptions that global warming will destroy life of earth, or humanity.

But our civilization seems so fragile at time. Dropping back 300 years in technology would be surprisingly easy.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

Put it together in the most metal way possible and see what her face looks like then!

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

don't be a chump and be a man for the mother of your child preacher

men were biologically blessed with being able to follow dense ikea assembly instructions, that's just science

It's sexist! Just like how the wife gets all these pillows on the bed and says "Pregnant." I just think she's building a pillow fort and doesn't want to share.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Aww man they got rid of the snuggling lions on the weekly emails from the university LGBT center

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    I keep seeing the black Lives matter thread and seeing black Mesa matters.

There's something wrong

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Also I love pumpkin spice everything ohmygodi'mpartoftheproblem

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

how many of these things do you have??

Just type umaru into tumblr and you have infinity

https://33.media.tumblr.com/37f81a33307252f3935132d9bcd5988b/tumblr_ntra5jgfmo1t9yp79o1_540.gif

This discussion has been closed.