As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Thirty-Seven Hour Energy

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Thirty-Seven Hour Energy

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    LittlestarsLittlestars Registered User regular
    A tv show I sometimes watch had someone try to pitch something of the sort, a comically sized multi-day energy bar, to a focus group. It didn't go over well. But it's worth mentioning that the product in the show did not have prized lizard dick as an active ingredient. That probably would have sold the product.

Also typo. Willl. Just, you know. It's there. Unrelated, Hot Dog Fairy is looking pretty chipper. I think the chipperness of HDF correlates directly with the quality of PAX. Notice you never see a sad Hot Dog Fairy.

• Options
    ViRGEViRGE Registered User regular
    These PAX comics get weirder and weirder. And that's not an easy feat...

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    The whole time watching the Make a Strip panel I was hoping one of them would eventually catch the "willl" typo. Guess not. :P

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Honestly, the HDF is totally appropriate for this comic. That powdered lizard dick could be hallucinogenic.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    The whole time watching the Make a Strip panel I was hoping one of them would eventually catch the "willl" typo. Guess not. :P
    What software does he type the script into? You'd think he'd at least have something that would catch the obvious typos and give them a nice underline.

• Options
    JormungandrJormungandr Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    What software does he type the script into? You'd think he'd at least have something that would catch the obvious typos and give them a nice underline.

I believe he uses notepad. And also, I think they did notice the typo during the panel, but it was after it was integrated into the image or something, so they left it (and told Jerry to donate to CP)

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Honestly, the HDF is totally appropriate for this comic. That powdered lizard dick could be hallucinogenic.

Could be?

He's prepping skin boats for someone!

• Options
    I don't know the rest of the context. Who is "she"? Is it a character from a game? A foreign dignitary? It's entirely possible there's a real need for skin boats. We shouldn't be so quick to judge.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SWATrousSWATrous Registered User regular
    Yeah!? Well, "Screw your canoe!"

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

I believe he uses notepad.
    jurry why

• Options
    Adam DuckieAdam Duckie Registered User regular
    Staying up for thirty seven hours can really do a number on you.

• Options
    NemuriBakuNemuriBaku Registered User regular

At one of the first conventions I went to, I stayed up for all three days of it. At the end, I was sitting on a wall waiting for my ride and fell asleep. I was woken up by the camera flash when someone posed for a picture with me. If you asked me how in the world someone falls asleep sitting up with no backrest and doesn't fall, I couldn't tell you.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    NemuriBaku wrote: »

At one of the first conventions I went to, I stayed up for all three days of it. At the end, I was sitting on a wall waiting for my ride and fell asleep. I was woken up by the camera flash when someone posed for a picture with me. If you asked me how in the world someone falls asleep sitting up with no backrest and doesn't fall, I couldn't tell you.

Good inner ear?

I used to do it on the back of my dad's Harley when I was a kid when we traveled. Sway too much and I'd just shift the other way. Of course I'd always eventually wake up in a panic because I had fallen asleep unsecured on a moving motorcycle

And now I feel very much like this clip (at 2:00)
    https://youtu.be/eQAVjon0lxs

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Side note that is either the worst camera work in a comedy special I've ever seen, or somebody cropped an existing video really badly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NemuriBakuNemuriBaku Registered User regular
    Side note that is either the worst camera work in a comedy special I've ever seen, or somebody cropped an existing video really badly.

I think the only reasonable explanation is that they abducted someone from the past, spent five hours getting them drunk and thirty seconds explaining what a camera is, and just let 'em at it.