As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twitch Kappa first 200, what happened?

sirensiren Registered User regular
There were a bunch of us at the front of the line that ran in and didn't get the Kappa pin at all. We have heard rumor that there were some in random bags in the room.

Anyone know what happened? It really sucks having waited 3 hours to get in line near the front and get the pin only to get screwed.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Long story short:

dyumz3w.png

• sirensiren Registered User regular
    Confirmed with Twitch person this morning. Pins were in the bags in the front 2 rows of seats.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Did you take a seat further back than you had to?

• sirensiren Registered User regular
    Yea, I didn't want to take a good seat from someone who wanted to actually see the panel. No one told us the pins were only up front.

Not too worried now. I have 4 extra Kappa from a bunch of trades today and am planning to use them mostly to help others that got screwed.

• sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    siren wrote: »
    Yea, I didn't want to take a good seat from someone who wanted to actually see the panel. No one told us the pins were only up front.

Not too worried now. I have 4 extra Kappa from a bunch of trades today and am planning to use them mostly to help others that got screwed.

Four...Kappa...? I keep trying to get to the Twitch booth when they tweet but I have been failing...

• PrunciblePruncible Registered User regular
    I was not in the front two rows, and my bag had a kappa. But I was in the center section, and the front few rows were occupied by special guests and Twitch staff, so I may have been in the front two rows of actually bags.

I left two bags next to me unmolested in unoccupied seats, and people stole the pins out of them while I stood there and felt uncomfortable about the experience. Maybe I should have grabbed them myself? Whatever.

• surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Pruncible wrote: »
    I left two bags next to me unmolested in unoccupied seats, and people stole the pins out of them while I stood there and felt uncomfortable about the experience. Maybe I should have grabbed them myself? Whatever.
    ugh, that's really shitty. :/

• KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    I heard stories of the twitch people getting swarmed on the floor and literally tossing the pins out to get the crowd away from them... and there were minor injuries with elbowing to get them. I think there might need to be some kind of rules in place for vendors and pins because this is the second time Twitch has created kinda gross situations with their pins.

• Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    I noticed a number of Twitch streamers seemed to have quite a few of them for themselves. Watched one streamer in the staff pin trading line trading them out for 5-6 pins each so he could have enough spares to trade for all the staff and extras.

• theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    the entire twitch pin experience is a complete joke. between an ultra limited print run and making it damn near impossible to actually acquire outside of stealing them from other people's bags... I managed to get like 4-5 Gideon pins just by doing MTG stuff. I shouldn't be punished because I don't rush to be 1 of 50 to play a game, maybe I'm doing this thing wrong....

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • hackyhacky Registered User regular
    the entire twitch pin experience is a complete joke. between an ultra limited print run and making it damn near impossible to actually acquire outside of stealing them from other people's bags... I managed to get like 4-5 Gideon pins just by doing MTG stuff. I shouldn't be punished because I don't rush to be 1 of 50 to play a game, maybe I'm doing this thing wrong....

With that attitude, you are doing this thing wrong. There were 1000 Kappa pins, much like there are 1000 Vault Boy pins. It's not any more limited than other third-party pins with the same print run. Personally, I never was able to get in line in time for Vault Boy, but I was able to obtain Kappa. I don't consider myself "punished" for not being able/lucky to get in the Bethesda line in time.

Since I didn't get Vault Boy by lining up in the morning at Bethesda, I traded for mine. And you can for Kappa as well.

• SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    I still have a couple extra Kappa's I will have up for trade soon, hopefully using them to fill in a few gaps.

I think I want a kappa and a castle guy just so I can put them on my "fuck you" lanyard..

• HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    I think I want a kappa and a castle guy just so I can put them on my "fuck you" lanyard..

That's why I like Castle Guy. He's like the Pinny Pal's own "Kappa".

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • honushonus Registered User regular
    We were in the 3rd row on the right side and had pins. We assumed they had just put them in every bag. The row in front of us wasn't full, there was like 10 empty seats. When the panel started people rifled through the bags and took the pins.