As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dates announced

orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
Posted in Mike's latest news update: penny-arcade.com/news/post/2015/07/31/pax-dev-schedule-is-out
2. The Dates for PAX South are January 29,30,31.

3. We are “planning” on launching ticket sales for PAX South on September 16th 2015.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
Pins!

• Bartoni33Bartoni33 Southern IllinoisRegistered User regular
    Woot! Finally. Now to get my vacation days approved.

• Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    So the long rumored date is true?

Time to figure some things out. Personally, I like them doing this the weekend between the NFL Playoffs and the Super Bowl.

This space for rent
  • xaldin87xaldin87 Gaymer SaTxRegistered User regular
    SOOOOOOO... Time to plan for pub crawl? :-p

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am pretty sure @Swae has a plan ready to go for the second annual GoT crawl :)

• DevierueDevierue Registered User regular
    Pub crawl plans are indeed already happening behind the scenes ;)

Hotel already booked, putting in for vacation today as well.

• xaldin87xaldin87 Gaymer SaTxRegistered User regular
    Someone told me to wait to book the hotel until the badges go on sale. Is there a difference in doing it now versus then?

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

xaldin87 wrote: »
    Someone told me to wait to book the hotel until the badges go on sale. Is there a difference in doing it now versus then?
    it depends! There will be onpeak pricing available if you book through pax. Sometimes that's better, sometimes it's not.

• NorinEclypseNorinEclypse I'm here for the streetpasses Savannah, TXRegistered User regular
    Woot!

• IrsoolIrsool Registered User regular
    Oh good. Finally I can give my refresh key a rest for a month or so XD and now, to plan!

uV3Kd9v.png
  • rkenshinrkenshin Registered User regular
    Just curious if anyone remembers how much per night was the Grand Hyatt and Mariott Riverwalk from South 2015?

edited August 2015
    rkenshin wrote: »
    Just curious if anyone remembers how much per night was the Grand Hyatt and Mariott Riverwalk from South 2015?

IIRC Hyatt was about $1.2K a night and Mariott was a little cheaper. I stayed at San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza SpringHill Suites by Marriott for 4 night for around $700. Great hotel and about a 10 minute walk to PAX.

Bartoni33 on
    $1.2k per night? O.o I think you might be talking about for the entire weekend?

zerzhul wrote: »
    $1.2k per night? O.o I think you might be talking about for the entire weekend?

Heh yeah you are right. That would be a 4 night stay according to Booking.com.

I feel like I remember the OnPeak (pax partner) price being around $235-250/night for the Grand Hyatt.

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    So awesome to hear! Nice to have a window of badge sales opening up.

• michaeldemossmichaeldemoss LouisianaRegistered User regular
    Woot! Hotel is booked. Now we just have to wait for tickets to go on sale. Time to get excited!

ba2znj3fyg5r.png
  • OfficeZombieOfficeZombie Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I booked my hotel as well, got 5 nights at the Omni Mansion for $900 which is a steal

And due to the jetblue screwup for pax east this year I can get a flight BUF-AUS for $220 and a $30 amtrak ticket to SAT.

This is turning out to be cheaper than going to Boston, but 5x farther away for me.

I just need the ticket now :D

OfficeZombie on
  • DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Very excited about Pax South 2016!! We went last year and had a blast! Hotel, flights, and car all booked, now just like everyone else....waiting for those golden tickets :D

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • StarDragonJPStarDragonJP Registered User new member
    Don't tell anyone. We can keep all the tickets to ourselves.
    But seriously I hope they don't sell out as quickly as I've heard the other PAX do.

• helliecoptahelliecopta Registered User new member
    I booked my hotel for Fri - Sun at the La Quinta Rivercenter for around $464. It's pretty much a two minute walk from the convention center, so it's really convenient. My friends and I did that for South2015 and I'm totally doing it again.

• IrsoolIrsool Registered User regular
    I just booked at Marriott Rivercenter, where I stayed last time. Short walk from the center, nice rooms. Can't wait for the badges now!

uV3Kd9v.png
  • BW2KBW2K Registered User new member
    With my new schedule I can probably go to two days this year, instead of one. Really hope there is more to do this time around.

BW2K wrote: »
    With my new schedule I can probably go to two days this year, instead of one. Really hope there is more to do this time around.

Yeah I had much more fun just sightseeing in SA than the actual convention. Way too many indie games for my tastes. I was expecting E3 but got something way less. My fault I know before I get flamed. I'm way to old and set in my ways to enjoy all the indie/card games.

Still gonna be there all 3 days next year!

• TheFizz11TheFizz11 Registered User regular
    So excited! My birthday is Jan 26th, and last year a ton of friends came to town so we could nerd out for my birthday. Hoping to recreate an epic weekend!

• PineappleChuckPineappleChuck Registered User regular
    Booked my room at the Hyatt for $188/night w/the AAA discount. I had my passes last year but ended up not being able to go due to a financial emergency. Crossing my fingers for no such upsets this time around!

• LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    The site just updated to the 2016 dates and "SOON." We're exactly 30 days out from badge launch! :D

Lazorz on
  • cometplutocometpluto Washington Registered User regular
    Lazorz wrote: »
    The site just updated to the 2016 dates and "SOON." We're exactly 30 days out from badge launch! :D

Woot! So excited! Already got my hotel booked. Glad they updated the Pax South page.

Though they do need to update the dates on the main site: http://www.paxsite.com/, the one that links to all the individual Pax webpages.

• ColeTColeT Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Hotel booked, now to decide whether I'm road tripping or flying...

Edit: I booked at the Riverwalk Plaza as it's an easy walk from the convention center (.8 miles) and right near all the decent places I visited last time for food and beer for only $118 a night. Anyone stayed there before? Last time I was in an airbnb outside of town

ColeT on
    225px-RedHat.svg.png
  • ColeTColeT Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Note: south.paxsite.com has now been updated with the new dates, and had the badge availability re-set. SOON!

edit: I now see that Lazorz already said that. so nm!

ColeT on
    225px-RedHat.svg.png
  • ChocorokoChocoroko ZU Video Editor Denton, TXRegistered User regular
    I really hope I can go. Got a lot going on in the early Spring next year.

I'll be keeping an eye out when Media passes go up.

• angelicstubbornessangelicstubborness Registered User regular
    Oh I'm going. I'm addicted now. Pax prime was the best. Can't wait!~

Also is it sad I'm taking the day off so I won't miss the ticket launch? Also anyone know what time of dayish it usually is?

Also is it sad I'm taking the day off so I won't miss the ticket launch? Also anyone know what time of dayish it usually is?

I'm on vacation that week so I'm hopeful that I can get the 3 day pass that I missed last year. Although last year I didn't buy any until they had been on sale for almost 2 months. I'm afraid that after the apparently surprising success of last year that badges will go fast.

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular

I'm tempted to find an excuse to take the day off.

As for time of day, late morning/midday seems to be a relatively consistent time. Just be ready for anything (Twitter notifications are your friend).

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • EtaoinEtaoin South Barcrawl Lead, Omeganaut S16 TexasRegistered User regular
    Last year my twitter went nuts with sales notifications during my kiddos' nap so it was between 12 and 2 cst.

7paDBmR.png
    Thanks Etaoin! :D
    I'll just stay by the computer. All day. xD

• AggressAggress Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I am pretty sure @Swae has a plan ready to go for the second annual GoT crawl :)
    You guys did great last year, I had a blast. Hope to see some familiar faces again! Still using my shotglass!(quite a feat for me)

Is there a will call at pax south? I'm moving between now and then.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Yes, there is a Will Call. Typically open the Thursday before PAX and during all show days.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
This discussion has been closed.