As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Looks like Newegg has the Yoshi's Wooly World amiibo bundle up for pre-order. It's mispriced at $70, but you can save ten bucks with promo code EMCAXAR88 if you want to just get the damn thing already sans hassle.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Looks like Newegg has the Yoshi's Wooly World amiibo bundle up for pre-order. It's mispriced at $70, but you can save ten bucks with promo code EMCAXAR88 if you want to just get the damn thing already sans hassle.

Aaaaand...sold out.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Zython wrote: »

Aaaaand...sold out.

Is it? I was just able to plop it into a shopping cart.

Then again it's been up since midnight, which is surprising even with the $10 price hike.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Huh, when did the Yoshi's Woolly World with amiibo bundle show up on amazon.ca? Good thing I decided to check today. Amusingly, they used a picture of the Japanese version.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »

Aaaaand...sold out.

Is it? I was just able to plop it into a shopping cart.

Then again it's been up since midnight, which is surprising even with the $10 price hike.

Yeah, I was just able to do it. Fun fact, it doesn't work on mobile for...some reason.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Huh, when did the Yoshi's Woolly World with amiibo bundle show up on amazon.ca? Good thing I decided to check today. Amusingly, they used a picture of the Japanese version.

Thanks, I just pre-ordered it. I'm still not thrilled that the green amiibo is only available with a plastic disc game, but I'll deal with it I guess.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    I'm still not thrilled that it's 80 Canadian dollars.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    We just found the Splatoon girl at Toys r Us. My son's birthday is Wednesday so guess who got an early birthday gift? It was easily his most wanted Amiibo so it was pretty exciting.

• Options
    -Abel--Abel- Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »

Thanks, I just pre-ordered it. I'm still not thrilled that the green amiibo is only available with a plastic disc game, but I'll deal with it I guess.

Thanks! Just pre-ordered mine too. Not 100% sure I'll keep the order ($80 is ridiculous), but it's nice to know I've got a yarn yoshi Amiibo if I want it.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So Dr. Mario has shipped, but Ganondorf has not.... TARRRGGGEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT.......

Whatever, if he doesn't ship by Friday I will see if I can cancel just that part of the order and get him elsewhere. As long as I get to keep my free shipping for Dr. Mario :P Seriously tho, Target, FIX YO SHIT! This happened with Jigglypuff and I never got her. Even tho you put her up on release day way after I pre-ordered. *stabs Target*

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    So Dr. Mario has shipped, but Ganondorf has not.... TARRRGGGEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT.......

Whatever, if he doesn't ship by Friday I will see if I can cancel just that part of the order and get him elsewhere. As long as I get to keep my free shipping for Dr. Mario :P Seriously tho, Target, FIX YO SHIT! This happened with Jigglypuff and I never got her. Even tho you put her up on release day way after I pre-ordered. *stabs Target*

Sorry. Ganondorf got sealed away in the Sacred Realm before he could ship.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Sorry. Ganondorf got sealed away in the Sacred Realm before he could ship.

Yeah, it was a bad idea to give Link and Zelda so long to prepare.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Friday is going to be wait for Bowser Jr day for me. (I have the day right, right?)_

Bowser Jr, Mario Maker, and possibly two Star Wars buildable Lego figures (Greivous and Commander Cody whatwhat!).

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    I have Friday off work (yay Monday holiday and company policy that lets me float holidays!) so I am gonna wait at TRU for Bowser Jr. and anyone else I can't get before then. I am hoping to pick up most of them at Nebraska Furniture Mart before that (they usually put them online pretty early) to avoid paying an extra Geoffrey buck for each if I can :D

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I'm still not thrilled that it's 80 Canadian dollars.
    -Abel- wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »

Not 100% sure I'll keep the order ($80 is ridiculous).

I blame Harper.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    $80 Canadian dollars is about right. Nintendo has been charging $65 for games (while the other console/PC games are going for $75-80 now) so $65 for the game and $15 for the Amiibo is probably right on.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Only if you accept that it's ok for our prices to be tied directly to our dollar's value vs. the US dollar (imagine the outcry in the US if the JP game companies had raised prices like that when the Yen's value went so high?), but that's not a conversation for this thread. :)

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Friday is the day!
    5 amiibos!
    3 hours in line!
    2 annoying people in the front taking up everyones time to pick out the perfect amiibo. (Happened twice already, I am already dreading it)
    1 Mario Maker!

Friday will be a good day.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    I might panic and grab an extra amiibo for Mario maker. I'm thinking pikachu. Not sure. Or sonic.

-bowser jr
    -Mario maker
    -extra amiibo(?)
    -Star Wars buildable commander Cody
    -Star Wars buildable General greivous

Or I say fuck it, skip the two buildables and get the black/orange x-wing set.

Sorry. I'm nerding out right now. Ha.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    All Mario Maker costumes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1-IZwyb-Oc&feature=youtu.be

hurry before it gets taken down :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options

Interesting how the Pikmin have their own costume separate from Olimar.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Yeah I wonder if you unlock both from the amiibo.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    And just think about all the stuff that wasn't shown.

-Up and down animations
    -Skidding animations
    -Victory music
    -Death music

Fuck off there's a lot of work and detail that went into all of that. :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    And just think about all the stuff that wasn't shown.

-Up and down animations
    -Skidding animations
    -Victory music
    -Death music

Fuck off there's a lot of work and detail that went into all of that. :)

I can only imagine all the work that went into them. And to think there are people who want costumes in all the other themes.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Haha yeah. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell that Mahjong tile thing is... did Nintendo do a popular Mahjong game?

• Options
    Haha yeah. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell that Mahjong tile thing is... did Nintendo do a popular Mahjong game?

Pretty sure they were into making actual physical games back in the day.

Also, fuck all. I can unlock those in-game, right? I thought I read that.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    redfield85 wrote: »

Also, fuck all. I can unlock those in-game, right? I thought I read that.

Yeah amiibo aren't required to unlock costumes.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Sooo, should I just buy all 3 Yoshi's from Japan right now for 71 bucks? I want them and am willing to pay... but..

Do you think it's viable I can get them in the US before Christmas? Because I don't see anything special about their production totals mentioned anywhere.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    redfield85 wrote: »

They actually released a new mahjong set in 2013. It's still being sold.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Well this confirms an arwing amiibo.

Excellent

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I really wouldn't take anything shown here as proof of future amiibos. They're just costumes you can unlock.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well it showed what some of the Animal Crossing ones look like.
    And they did talk about they were trying to made a Airwing that would transform into the walker and back so the other Star Fox characters would not really be out of the question.

• Options
    150901.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I really wouldn't take anything shown here as proof of future amiibos. They're just costumes you can unlock.

I mean the colored yarn yoshis,smash yoshi ,Mario series yoshi and Mega Yoshi have their own sprites. I'm gonna take a not so wild swing and guess all but a few Mario costumes have amiibo counterparts

King Riptor on
  • Options

I mean the colored yarn yoshis,smash yoshi ,Mario series yoshi and Mega Yoshi have their own sprites. I'm gonna take a not so wild swing and guess all but a few Mario costumes have amiibo counterparts

Well yes, all current and known upcoming amiibo have a costume. Including "duplicate" amiibo.

But I think it's a bit of a correlation fallacy to think that this means all costumes must have amiibo or be future amiibo.

Not that I wouldn't mind being wrong. Waluigi and Ashley amiibo? "Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in" comes to mind. :) But I'm not going to take those costumes as proof.

• Options
    Waluigi amiibo will come packaged with the new Mario Tennis. Mark my words.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Ashley is stupid popular in Japan. I've suspected for a while she might get a spinoff game

Or magically we all voted for her in a smash poll

• Options
    Sooo, should I just buy all 3 Yoshi's from Japan right now for 71 bucks? I want them and am willing to pay... but..

Do you think it's viable I can get them in the US before Christmas? Because I don't see anything special about their production totals mentioned anywhere.

It's a crazy world where anything can happen, but -- in Europe, a magical place where Amiibo are plentiful, the Yarn Yoshis sold out instantly.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Waluigi amiibo will come packaged with the new Mario Tennis. Mark my words.

soooooooold

Gimme one of them

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ashley is stupid popular in Japan. I've suspected for a while she might get a spinoff game

Or magically we all voted for her in a smash poll
    She's already an assist though so.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy