As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Remember when the composer for Halo got fired from Bungie?

Indie WinterIndie Winter die KräheRudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
well, here's why that happened, according to Koatku:
shortly before E3 2013 as Bungie was preparing a trailer for Destiny featuring O’Donnell’s music, Activision stepped in and took over trailer creation, supplying its own music instead... O’Donnell responded to the Activision-scored trailer by tweeting during the game’s E3 presentation that the music was not Bungie’s, threatening fellow employees in an attempt to keep the trailer from being posted online and interrupted press briefings... O’Donnell believed the Bungie spirit was being compromised by the Activision agreement, and perhaps they were. But management saw his actions as disruptive and harmful. O’Donnell was given a poor employee review in the fall of 2013. In lieu of his next review in February 2014, Bungie drafted a termination agreement.

Videogames, man. Shit's fucked up.

wY6K6Jb.gif

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    and here's the man in question in more cheerful times

1417461723783608495.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't remember this.

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    So

What I'm reading here is that he was unhappy with a publisher decision and was a prick about it? Am I reading that right?

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Typically its not a good idea to go on social media and talk shit about your employer

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Sounds like Activision screwed him over back pay and benefits after he got fired but he won his lawsuits (which is good), but at the same time you can't publicly attack your own employer like that and be argumentative and disruptive and expect no consequences just because you're popular.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    yeah hey if you bitch publicly about your boss' choices not matching your own and try and threaten other employees because you're so sure you're right you pretty much deserve to be fired

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    activision is fucking awful but man, dude, don't be a dumb child and threaten people

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    To be fair, the Bungie spirit's been dead ever since they got bought out.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    The best song in halo was that silly breaking Benjamin one anyway.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    To be fair, the Bungie spirit's been dead ever since they got bought out.

Nah they're still giving press releases about how they're the best video game developer of all time and they invented shooting in video games

The bungie spirit of "my shit dont stink" is still there

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Let me tell you about the story of Destiny. It's your story.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    destiny is real good

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    A wizard from the moon

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    A wizard from the moon

I wish I could have heard this line

Uriel wrote: »
    A wizard from the moon

It was worth the 60 bucks just for that line.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    A wizard from the moon

Except that that line was only in the beta.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Apparently they've added it back in? I think I read that
    It only triggers sometimes though

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Have they released an update that replaces Paul McCartney with Tommy Tallarico yet?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    A wizard from the moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlOYatDYC40

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Sounds like Activision screwed him over back pay and benefits after he got fired but he won his lawsuits (which is good), but at the same time you can't publicly attack your own employer like that and be argumentative and disruptive and expect no consequences just because you're popular.
    He also had been with Bungie since Myth 2, but seniority can't cover everything.