As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] No, the League hasn't run out of new and creative ways to be terrible.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Langly wrote: »
    can someone direct me to that video jon bois highlighted that was of a couple of high school teams playing and the one team comes back from like a million to nothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHkABO0VwCg

Here you go

Edit: Actually I don't know if this is the video you're talking about, but it is easily the funniest football realated video I've ever seen so I'm posting it anyways

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    That is the best and worst thing I've ever seen.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    getting 3 onside kicks in a row

holy shit

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    @ph blake

That should be it

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    can someone direct me to that video jon bois highlighted that was of a couple of high school teams playing and the one team comes back from like a million to nothing

It was actually a staple of KSK, every Thanksgiving they'd post it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHkABO0VwCg

EDIT: Whoops, ghosted

Goose! on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    all the speculation is finally over. until next tuesday at least

also tom brady is apparently a trump supporter

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    all the speculation is finally over. until next tuesday at least

That sounds like something that warrants a4 game suspension.

Well that's really in depth, and I'll respond with ... No matter what happens we'll never know what happened and regardless it was pretty fucked up.

Watching the local news this morning, both players have been suspended from team and school.

Which is a good start!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Well Dallas picked up Christine Micheal so I added him as a backup in every league I could.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    also I was playing Madden and I got to my week 6 game against the Eagles and Bradford and Murray were hurt and I thought...most realistic Madden ever.

I want to just keep drafting teams in draft champions. Its so great. And its free!

Goose! wrote: »
    I want to just keep drafting teams in draft champions. Its so great. And its free!

It's is pretty great.

I also haven't run into any glitches yet

I had my first game-breaking one yesterday, in Draft Champions as it turns out. I had just gone up by 2 TDs and my opponent (who was of course lagging, probably purposely) paused, presumably to quit. I pressed circle on my controller and nothing happened. I pressed X and still nothing. I couldn't do anything but go to the PS4 menu. The game totally wouldn't do anything. Finally, a few minutes goes by and a dialog box popped up that said I lost connected to my opponent. I couldn't even press X on the OK for that. It wouldn't work. I had to close the application and reopen it. Never got credit for the win either (usually the game tells you there's a period where it analyzes the data when you lose connection and awards a result but not this time). Wound up finishing 3-1 when I should've been 4-0. I had Andrew Luck, DeSean Jackson, Julius Thomas, LeSean McCoy...it was awesome.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Browns O-line coach indefinitely suspended by the team due to a serious unspecified incident that happened over the weekend

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I have my draft tonight and this is the first year since I started doing fantasy that I've done 0 research and watched 0 preseason games

woo!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    you will probably do as well as you usually do

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Browns O-line coach indefinitely suspended by the team due to a serious unspecified incident that happened over the weekend

He has three alcohol related arrests and a DUI conviction.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    you will probably do as well as you usually do

Or better

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

@AaronWilson_NFL
    Sources say Andy Moeller indefinite suspension, legal inquiry stems from domestic incident allegation

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

of course he is

Man, some of the folks that play DC are weird. I just had a guy try a bomb on the first play, it fell incomplete, so he conceded.

I love the new deep pass mechanics. Fighting for a deep throw is awesome, even when it gets tipped up and you watch it fall simply into the arms of a defender.

Draft in an hour

• cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Any deep options at receiver for a 12 man PPR? I have a great group of RBs, but walked away with Edelman, Wright, and Landry as my starting 3 with Roddy White as a backup. Not....the best.

• Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    cornell wrote: »
    Any deep options at receiver for a 12 man PPR? I have a great group of RBs, but walked away with Edelman, Wright, and Landry as my starting 3 with Roddy White as a backup. Not....the best.

In a 12 team there's probably not much left, likely boom or bust type guys left. Funchess comes to mind, he could step-up and give you 80+ yards and a Td.....or nothing at all.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Well, Edelman is golden in a PPR league.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    You should grab Hankerson, he'll be playing while White has another 35 surgeries this season.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I just watched Drew Brees kill a crocodile

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Simo what are we doing with the yahoo league

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    later drew brees ate a crocodile

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    On Thursday, when the defending Superbowl XLIX champion New England Patriots host the Pittsburgh Steelers to open the 2015 football season, each player will be equipped with a set of RFID sensors about the size of a quarter embedded in his shoulder pads, each emitting unique radio frequencies. Gillette Stadium (and every other stadium used by the NFL) has been equipped with 20 receivers to pick up those radio frequencies and pinpoint every player's field position, speed, distance traveled and acceleration in real time.

By using two sensors for each player — one embedded in the left shoulder pad and one on the right — the system will also be able to identify the facing of each player.

The NFL plans to use the data generated to power the NFL 2015 app for Xbox One and Windows 10, allowing for things like "Next Gen Replay" that will allow fans to call up stats for each player tied into highlight clips posted on the app. But that's just the beginning. The data will be fed to broadcasters, leveraged for in-stadium displays and provided to coaching staff and players.

"We've always had these traditional NFL stats," says Matt Swensson, senior director of Emerging Products and Technology at the NFL. "The league has been very interested in trying to broaden that and bring new statistics to the fans. Along the way, there's been more realization about how the data can be leveraged to make workflow more efficient around the game."

"This type of initiative really opens the doors to do more things at the venue," Swensson adds. "At the Pro Bowl last year, we had a display up that showed what players were on the field. By putting up what players were on the field in real time, it really gave fans more information."

• PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Sounds really impressive, I'm excited to see how useful it is.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    While thats very cool I can't help but laugh that it literally boils down to WE FOUND A WAY TO GET MORE NUMBERS

Sports are all just numbers.

• simosimo Registered User regular
    Simo what are we doing with the yahoo league

probably going to let it die, we only have 8 renewed teams right now and also i have been a horribly lax commissioner and have done nothing with keepers

i think @Balefuego @CrackedLens @Kilroy are the nonrenewed teams i haven't heard from (satans is out)

if we get back up to 10 today i can try to throw together a quick keeper costs and set the draft for tonight or tomorrow (before/after dynasty draft)

bugss2.jpg
    Sounds really impressive, I'm excited to see how useful it is.

NBA and a lot of college teams have started using this tracking stuff. I imagine more than a few NFL teams have used this in practice facilities

this is also one of the thing I see for job postings and it's like oh cool, something I have no experience with and some previous employee got all the training from the company rep who sold it to them and gosh it must be nice to have a fucking budget where you aren't constantly shit on

Wait, that escalated quickly.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    OK Dynasty Warriors! Our draft is currently set for TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY THE NINTH, AT 9:30 PM EDT! BE THERE OR TELL ME A DIFFERENT DAY/TIME AND WE'LL SEE IF WE CAN ACCOMMODATE YOU

@Balefuego
    @Lostwords
    @Goose!
    @Langly
    @Zombie Hero
    @Zerzhul
    @Maximum
    @Peen
    @TDOT
    @Fonder_Yards
    @Brogey
    @Raijin Quickfoot
    @PizzleStixx
    @Angry
    @simo
    @Tox
    @Cabezone

We have two new teams this year, and because one team never renewed, I was unable to keep Cabezone's team history. Therefore, there will be players who are OFF LIMITS for the draft. Cabezone will have the ability to re-draft all of these players at the END of the draft, so he won't be wasting any picks on players he would have otherwise kept. The list of players is

Andy Dalton
    Vincent Jackson
    DeMarco Murray
    Mike Wallace
    Julian Edelman
    Matt Forte
    Riley Cooper
    Boobie Dixon
    Jonathan Stewart
    DeAngelo Williams
    Charles Clay
    Denarius Moore
    Toby Gerhart
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Kyle Rudolph
    Niles Paul
    Adam Vinatieri
    Matt Bryant
    St. Louis (STL - DEF)
    Miami (Mia - DEF)

I have not crosschecked these players to see if they were dropped mid season and picked up by someone else, if that's the case then whatever, i'm not sherlock holmes here. Just don't draft these people.

Draft Checklist

You can keep ALL of your players if you choose. This will mean you have a very short draft! It will also mean that the more valuable players will be hot to trot rookies since everyone else will be taken.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Is there any way to set a "do not draft" list or something so that I don't even try to grab any of those?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • simosimo Registered User regular
    would it be easier to do an offline draft? if i'm guessing correctly on the number of keepers it's going to be a very quick draft

my worry would be if there are any autodrafters at all those guys are gonna get taken

bugss2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.