As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Skyforge - New MMORPG by Allods Team and Westernization by Obsidian

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    You can ping one of us Clan Leaders (Teldra Smushy and Penric Dreaver are on almost every night, pacific time) and we can remove and reinvite you. That seems to be the easiest fix. For what it's worth, you ARE listed in the guild roster as "Blues Brothers"....

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I am trying this game! Stabbing things with my electro sword. How far in the trees do you go for other classes?

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    I am trying this game! Stabbing things with my electro sword. How far in the trees do you go for other classes?

There's a node about... 1/4-1/3 through that's labeled Path of the X. For the three starting classes, taking that (it's free) unlocks the main atlas, which contains a fuckton of stats, symbols (talents that aren't class-specific), and the nodes to unlock more classes.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

There's a node about... 1/4-1/3 through that's labeled Path of the X. For the three starting classes, taking that (it's free) unlocks the main atlas, which contains a fuckton of stats, symbols (talents that aren't class-specific), and the nodes to unlock more classes.

Ahh, so at that point you can work on specializing your current class or work towards more stats and new classes. Got it

Ahh, so at that point you can work on specializing your current class or work towards more stats and new classes. Got it

No, it's both at once. After that node you need a class-specific spark that drops from enemies (especially bosses) while on that class. The gold wildcard sparks are mainly used for those nodes as well.

• ky13ky13 Registered User regular
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Servers down when I was just about to go become a god.

Eternity_Sky-banner-4.png
    Hey, it's me, Teldra! Did someone say "greatsword"? [Eternity]
    Looks like they're (still) trying to fix Pantheon chat issues. And something about a daily follower quest being re-enabled. I'm not sure what that second one is actually. But I guess that's okay, since the "patch notes" say they weren't able to fix it, in any case.

26904.png
  • CF1CF1 Registered User regular
    I just wanted to share that I finally was able to tank MSM with a group. DPS have it easy.

edited August 2015
    MSM is the easiest one to tank. It's pretty straightforward.

Darren Facility is a LOT tougher. The last time I tried it (which was only my second run there to be honest) took nearly two hours because it's less facetanking and more kiting, while holding agro, and being in the right place to grab agro from spawns before they actually spawn.

I fear for my life/sanity should I try the third dungeon (whichever that one is) without taking my wife thru MSM at least once first.

The one advantage is that tanks get instant pops on the group finder, and can dump one that isn't doing well enough. On the other hand, DPS has to wait for hours to get a group and if they get a lousy tank and kick them, it's another 1/2 hour before a replacement slots in.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    2100 blue sparks till gunner.

Lanber runs all day everyday. God I hate that place now, but it's always blue and better than running sybelian or whatever it's called.

steam_sig.png
  • KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    I'm one blue run away from Witch, which is fun except I have not that much desire to play them as I like my Kinetic too much.

Gotta get all dem symbols tho, Kinetic I am taking my sweet time maxing but hopefully I will be done this week and can start my Alchemist

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Whooo!

Archer unlocked!

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    Got gunner. Only had time to play it for a single group dungeon before work but oh man I'm in love. I don't even care if it's not top of the heap.

It helps I had enough evo sparks saved to grab every single skill and talent from the start so I didn't have to fuss with the crap setup.

Went from like 7.6k to 12k prestige, too, just from Atlas unlocks. Now to farm gear and grab a few important symbols.

steam_sig.png
    Hey! Did you know that there are capsule descriptions of every Adventure in the game on the Aelinet? Check it out on the web portal at https://na.portal.sf.my.com/world/elements?class=Rule

26904.png
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    So I was kinda out on this game, it was decent enough but not a draw for me, but WHOOPS JUST FOUND OUT YOU CAN GET THE AWESOME HALO AND GLOWY EYES THING ALL IN YES.

How does this happen I assume it's a max level thing?

I don't care I'm getting it.

That's called "Godhood" and to obtain it you need to get 30500 prestige and complete a fairly difficult quest. Shouldn't be too bad.

26904.png
    FINALLY!!!

RrRNWLJ.png

That's awesome, grats. I just spent most everything saved up and unlocked warlock and love it much more than necromancer, but that's probably because I actually had enough to unlock a fair amount of it. Now if only every squad group wasn't 2 other DPS, I'd be in business.

Necromancer is a trap

At first you are like "THIS IS GOTTA BE COOL, LICH FORM!" and then you actually start playing it and wonder everyone clears a pack with one button and you have to use 15

Not to say I didn't enjoy Necro...mancing, I just really wish a) the symbol wasn't a pile and b) ALL OF THE DPS TALENTS WEREN'T AT THE END

Truth. I mean, warlock/witch has to switch stances, which is fine.....ish. You forget every once in a while and get a warning blasted across your screen. Necro has to invest a ton of button pressing, and it all seems a bit lackluster. Necro definitely has better longevity, but if your DPS needs it you're probably not going to make it anyway or you don't understand the fight. Besides, I maxed Paladin and my stamina is awesome.

Yeah, the Paladin symbol is a game changer. As a Slayer I just end up facetanking things more often that not. I'll just mindlessly DPS until I see the Pally symbol trigger, and THEN I'll be like "Oh, I should probably dodge that... next time." Usually I don't need to because it's dead before the second hit.

26904.png
    So is anyone still playing? I figured I'd try and unlock Zerker and godhood for REASONS.

I still play. Currently working towards zerk while refusing to play anything but gunner. (Though to be perfectly honest it's not great damage. I still find it very fun though.)

steam_sig.png
    Been playing Berserker for a while now, it's a blast. Godhood is really fun in the events in open areas. Haven't really tried it in anything else.

• Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    I do, but I was on vacation sans-computer for a week.

I do, I have enough for Zerk from Warlock but not enough to max Zerk, which is apparently what I do now.

Also, new patch announced for 9/16, includes "catch up missions" for players that left or took a break to get better rewards.

http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/aelions-call-skyforges-next-major-update-arriving-september-16

edited September 2015
    CF1 wrote: »
    I do, I have enough for Zerk from Warlock but not enough to max Zerk, which is apparently what I do now.

Also, new patch announced for 9/16, includes "catch up missions" for players that left or took a break to get better rewards.

http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/aelions-call-skyforges-next-major-update-arriving-september-16

Yeah this is kind of a big deal.

Since my account is a holdover from their CBT early access stuff, since I grabbed a key, applied it, played for like, an hour, then stopped

Apparently, it calculates bonuses by how many times you haven't capped out your Sparks of Evolution(Used for the Atlas progression to unlock nodes and classes).

I have never, since CBT, capped my Sparks.

I have a 119,784 Spark cap.

Someone posted bonuses from having like, a 30-40k cap. It was about 7500+ Blue sparks for a X3, for one mission.

I am going to ENJOY NEXT WEDNESDAY.

Transporter on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I played through the entire OBT without capping my sparks but still unlocked classes... Oh boy, oh boy!

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Can I have class sparks that easily? Thay's the grind that killed me...

Yes, it also counts for Sparks of Justice as well.

Like, the way it's supposed to work, is that every week, you get 19k sparks to earn.

Any amount you didn't spend, no matter if you're logged in or not, roll over to the next week. And it stacks up a TON(As my aformentioned soon to be 120k spark cap).

It's not really humanly possible to actually catch up to the cap past a certain point. Which means, someone who has always used his cap, will ALWAYS be more powerful then someone who took a break. So the catch up system is supposed to help you get to the point where you should be.

If this works out how I'm hoping it to work out, I'm at 2k prestige right now.

I should be around 25k and unlocked Berserker in a possibly in an HOUR.

Patch Notes! http://sf.my.com/us/aelions-call-patch-notes

There will be no more clans, which I didn't understand anyway. There's actually quite a bit going on for all classes. Bit the bullet and unlocked Berserker, about halfway through the tree my immediate reaction is that paired with the Paladin max symbol and the Warlock max symbol, it is quite ridiculous and possibly illegal.

Warlock max symbol is...worth it?

Probably not, but it's not in the way at the moment is all and I maxed Warlock anyway. It does proc quite a bit, especially off whirlwind. If you have it, it's neat to toss in, if you don't....there are probably other things to chase if you aren't doing warlock. I imagine Archer or Alchemist are def in the mix and probably better overall.

• Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I remember waaaay back when it was announced that Obsidian would be Westernizing an MMO and I didn't think much about it, other than I'd probably check it out whenever they managed to release the game.

Welp, apparently my concept of how long this sort've thing takes is way out of line with reality, because I totally missed the launch and would have continued to be ignorant of Skyforge, save for the fact that I just happened to decide to pop-in on this thread to see if there was any news. Huh!

This thread did not instill great confidence in me that Skyforge was worth the effort of trying, but since I didn't have anything else going on game-wise and it looked fairly decent from the Angry Joe video I watched, I decided to give it a go. Got to play only a little bit last night; created a character and got to the first training mission, but after completing it I went towards the next marker, which looked like an exit from the training area. When I hit 'space bar' to select area, the game told me I wasn't permitted to go there (something like that), and then I was looking at my desktop. I decided to pack it in for the night.

What's the status of the guild (pantheon?) these days? Still hurting for space? If so, I'll probably hold off with asking for an invite, because there's no way for me to know if I'll actually stick with this. It sounds like things have maybe gotten a bit less painful with the last patch, so I'll give it a try over the next few days and see how it feels.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I actually installed last night too. Just played long enough to customize my look and get my first mission. The combat seems kind of interesting, maybe Darksiders-eque (or something along those lines).

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053

Like, the way it's supposed to work, is that every week, you get 19k sparks to earn.

Any amount you didn't spend, no matter if you're logged in or not, roll over to the next week. And it stacks up a TON(As my aformentioned soon to be 120k spark cap).

It's not really humanly possible to actually catch up to the cap past a certain point. Which means, someone who has always used his cap, will ALWAYS be more powerful then someone who took a break. So the catch up system is supposed to help you get to the point where you should be.

So... it doesn't work the way I think we hoped it would work.

So how does it work? I just got home for a week in the mountains and have been AFK the entire time. I've never hit any of the caps in the game and am sitting around 17000 prestige.

26904.png
    edited September 2015

So... it doesn't work the way I think we hoped it would work.

Oh it totally works.

You just need a nigh infinite amounts of replicators.

In two X3 runs I've gotten 3k sparks of evolution each respectivly.

Also the way it works is not if you never capped, it's how much your current cap is, combined with your current prestige.

I'm only at 2k prestige and my character and account has been active since Closed Beta, so my current prestige cap is 136k, which is INSANE. I will probably never actually cap out. But since it's so high, compared to my prestige I get ALL the sparks.

Transporter on
    Yes, but for the most part you can't get replicators faster than sparks anyways I think. However, it could be good for class sparks regardless, since you get replicators instead of evo mainly, then if you go do a run of an area with 300 or so bam +300 class sparks

So I unlocked Zerker.

You have NO IDEA HOW GOOD IT FEELS to be playing a DPS class again. Like, I was a tank, I didn't even try Lightbinder or Cryo, just straight Paladin till mastery so doing actual goddamn damage is so nice.

I make an earthquake

I leap

I spin2win

REPEAT. It's so nice. It's so, SO NICE.