As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• TairuTairu Registered User regular
    One thing I suspect, and this is purely intuition with nothing to back it up besides my gut instinct and how well you people react to the cut of my jib, is that we might be seeing an enhanced edition of SSB4 for the NX.

It would be a good thing to have a new Smash Bros right out the gate for your new console, like with Twilight Princess. It wouldn't take as much work as building a new Smash Bros from the ground up, plus you could keep the same models for all of your amiibo figures so you don't have to put out a whole new wave of Smash figures that people have already bought (at least not immediately).

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Looks like all those amiibo that Chibi-robo supports might unlock costumes... saw this on reddit:
    vNDFiNS.png

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    For a second I was wondering why this Youtube video was so damn large.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    For a second I was wondering why this Youtube video was so damn large.

WHY WON'T IT PLAY DAMNIT

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Taking a screen shot of a YouTube video with the media controls visible is like gluing a quarter to the ground.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    McFlynn wrote: »
    Taking a screen shot of a YouTube video with the media controls visible is like gluing a quarter to the ground.

bd280c253cd7d8a47fd2bf4de78a9e8b.jpg

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Here's when the next wave stuff will go op on Amazon Friday:

Ganondorf: 1 p.m. PT
    Zamus: 2 p.m. PT
    Olimar: 2 p.m. PT
    Classic 8-Bit Mario: 4 p.m. PT

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Better be available for more than 30 seconds.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA

Tempting but I really want to go digital with Woolly World. But I really want the ammibo...

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Oh hey, Target actually shipped Ganondorf... Too bad I'll probably have to wait for some slow shipping or something - I doubt he'll be hereby Friday.

I need to order Woolly World bundle, but I'm waiting on Best Buy (or at least Amazon).

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    But what about the blue n pink yarn yoshi amiibo?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Tempting but I really want to go digital with Woolly World. But I really want the amiibo...

Same. Perfect game for digital, but I want the Yoshi!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • PacMan1979PacMan1979 Registered User regular
      Got all my wave 5B from Target minus Olimar. They said he will ship later this week, anybody else experience the same situation?

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
      edited September 2015
      PacMan1979 wrote: »
      Got all my wave 5B from Target minus Olimar. They said he will ship later this week, anybody else experience the same situation?

I know my Dr. Mario shipped out earlier in the week or late last week (I don't fully remember.)

Unfortunately I wasn't timely enough to get any of the other amiibo being released tomorrow.

I really wish there were a way Amazon would let us combine these into one big shipment.

I think I'm probably gonna pass on online orders for now and be hopeful that some of these leak into stores. If Nintendo were smart they would have produced a bunch of the classic Mario amiibo, but knowing them...eh.

maximumzero on
      FU7kFbw.png
      Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
      I think I'll sit around the ol' laptop and try to snag Olimar tomorrow. And I'll be in the city the day after, so I'll check the TRU there for Bowser Jr.

Otherwise I think I'm pretty much done with amiibo baring any cool new Star Fox/Zelda ones being announced.

Or Waluigi, obviously.

I think I'll sit around the ol' laptop and try to snag Olimar tomorrow. And I'll be in the city the day after, so I'll check the TRU there for Bowser Jr.

Otherwise I think I'm pretty much done with amiibo baring any cool new Star Fox/Zelda ones being announced.

Or Waluigi, obviously.

or [this character]
      or [this character]

It never ends.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
      I really need to come up with some kind of storage solution before I buy any more of these things. I don't know where to put them anymore. It's kind of a bummer because that line of thinking leads to "If you don't know where to put them, you obviously don't need them, if you don't need them...oh god you've wasted how much money on these things?"

FU7kFbw.png
      Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
      edited September 2015
      Any Pittsburghers who want a splatoon 3 pack the gamestop in robinson has a bunch of them. It's the one by walmart

King Riptor on
      I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
      I might bring my Rosalina and Greninja to TRU tomorrow to trade if I have to for Bowser Jr.

bYf6vNQ.png
      Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
      [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
      wunderbar wrote: »

Or Waluigi, obviously.

or [this character]
      or [this character]

It never ends.

or [this character] with a different paint job!

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Tempting but I really want to go digital with Woolly World. But I really want the ammibo...

Am i the only one a bit worried that wooly world will be toads adventure short since its regular price with the amibo included?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
      azith28 wrote: »

Am i the only one a bit worried that wooly world will be toads adventure short since its regular price with the amibo included?

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=21288

It's been out everywhere but the US for a few months.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    • ZythonZython Registered User regular

Or Waluigi, obviously.

or [this character]
      or [this character]

It never ends.

or [this character] with a new hat!

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
      Steam: pazython
    • pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
      Zython wrote: »

Or Waluigi, obviously.

or [this character]
      or [this character]

It never ends.

or [this character] with a new hat!
      Beat me to it.
      I would buy Pikachu with goggles in a hot minute.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
      Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
      G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
    • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
      edited September 2015
      Two of my three Wooly Yoshi's have arrived! Now we're just waiting on my favorite... the pink one. Yay!

Update: All my babies are home! I now own a total of 4 amiibo, haha.

COkNsfEUYAAyAZs.jpg:large

HallowedFaith on
      I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
      I really need to come up with some kind of storage solution before I buy any more of these things. I don't know where to put them anymore. It's kind of a bummer because that line of thinking leads to "If you don't know where to put them, you obviously don't need them, if you don't need them...oh god you've wasted how much money on these things?"

worrying about where to put things is for future maximumzero to deal with.

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
      Can you move their lil arms or are they sown to the body?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
      I got Ganondorf in! I think that's a full list of all the Smash amiibo I wanted, save for Lucas who I am willing to wait for.

Ganondorf looks real good. Might be the best-looking one?

dN0T6ur.png
      Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • -Abel--Abel- Registered User regular
      If you're in Canada, Amazon.ca seems to let you pre-order tomorrow's amiibos today.

I just ordered classic Mario, Olimar, Zero Suit Samus and Ganondorf. Their pages say unavailable, but if you refresh a few times it changes to pre-order and lets you add them to your cart. I suppose there's always a chance they get canceled, but hopefully not.

http://amazon.ca/Nintendo-Mario-amiibo-Classic-Colour/dp/B0128UH4HQ/ref=sr_1_sc_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1441930691&sr=1-3-spell&keywords=amiino

http://amazon.ca/Nintendo-Mario-amiibo-Classic-Colour/dp/B0128UH4HQ/ref=sr_1_sc_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1441930691&sr=1-3-spell&keywords=amiino

And yet we still have all those jokes like "oh the amiibo support is great...for those 100 people who own them"

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular

And yet we still have all those jokes like "oh the amiibo support is great...for those 100 people who own them"

100 people own 7 million amiibo?! No wonder they hard to find

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
        My Amazon order of Mario Maker didn't seem to be coming on time, so I just cancelled it and I'll go to Target tomorrow morning to grab the game

And we'll see if I can get that 8-bit Mario while I'm at it

I want the modern one more, but that one is seemingly impossible

6F32U1X.png
      • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
        Mr. G wrote: »
        My Amazon order of Mario Maker didn't seem to be coming on time, so I just cancelled it and I'll go to Target tomorrow morning to grab the game

And we'll see if I can get that 8-bit Mario while I'm at it

I want the modern one more, but that one is seemingly impossible

You can import it!

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
        I'm debating if I should try to go to Walmart when it opens at 7:00 and make it to work by 7:30. I don't think I can pull it off.

I'm using my 9:30 break to go to Toys R Us and get Bowser Jr and anything else I need. They open at 9:00 and I've heard good things about stock numbers so hopefully I'll be sucessful.

Amiibo Day is always fun.

I'm thinking it will be less of a problem than last time because there are fewer new amiibo this time, so fewer people who are there because they have to have a certain one.

But then, maybe it will be more of a problem than last time because fewer amiibo means more people competing for them. But then, maybe stock will be better or scalpers will have started learning that rereleases are happening and the market doesn't pay like it used to...maybe.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
        seeing reports that they got rid of the foil sticker on the bottom of the packaging and replaced it with a foil-y cardboard disc that sits between the figure base and the packaging.
        so now there's no way to partially open them, you'll have to completely remove the figure from the pack at least once to use it

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
        edited September 2015
        Woo. Just got a 8-bit Mario from Walmart. Boo, I have to wait a week to get it.

Zython on
        Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
        Steam: pazython