As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime Pinny Arcade Panel Announcement!

FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
I'm excited to announce that PedroAsani, TheAggroCraig, MayWest, Juicesir, Picmin and myself will be heading up the new Pinny-focused Panel at PAX Prime!

The title of the panel is "Pinny Arcade - Trading, Collecting and Community," and we are tentatively scheduled for Saturday, August 29th at 10:00am in the Cerberus Theater.

We will be working hard in the coming week to make it the best Pinny panel to date, and I will provide additional details when possible!

~~

Guidebook Description:

"Are you interested in Pinny Arcade Pin Trading, but have no idea what it involves, or how to get started? A panel of Pin Trading pros will explain everything you need to know about this fun, social and growing hobby! They will also introduce you to the amazing community it has created, answer any questions you might have, as well as hand out free pins to some lucky attendees! After the panel, there will be open pin trading in the back of the room, for both new and seasoned traders!"

• DahamburglerDahamburgler Registered User regular
    That's my prime pin collecting time :( Hopefully I can get the stuff I need Friday so I can make it!

• HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Will someone be recording the panel?

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hingo wrote: »
    Will someone be recording the panel?

I really hope so!

Awesome news, guys! Great to hear!

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'm one of those people!

• SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    I'm so glad it's an early panel. Can't wait to see it!

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I would like to edit said video and put it on the web!

Not if i edit it first youre not! >.<

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »

Not if i edit it first youre not! >.<

I'm going to hit y'all up with the remix.

• SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    wow. a panel I'm actually directly interested In going to! These rarely happen.

do we know where cerebus is gonna be?

• JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    Not as of yet, but following previous room naming conventions, Cerberus - being a mythological creature that resides at ground level - will likely be on a first floor of rooms. Or, maybe because it starts with a C and is the third letter, it'll be on a third floor. Or...

...yeah, we really don't know yet. XD

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Since I have been bugging Khoo about getting all the panels audio put online to dub over the shaky handcam footage that inevitably surfaces, you can expect that it will at least appear in podcast form. Video will be another matter.

PedroAsani on
  • ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So what you're saying is that the merch line for pins should be pretty easy on Saturday morning?

• FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »
    So what you're saying is that the merch line for pins should be pretty easy on Saturday morning?

Merch opens at 9, panel at 10. More than enough time to get your LE, then head to the panel. This is of course assuming you're a good pinhead and one of the first 20 people in line :)

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Frostbyte wrote: »

Merch opens at 9, panel at 10. More than enough time to get your LE, then head to the panel. This is of course assuming you're a good pinhead and one of the first 20 people in line :)

With no Queue room, and likely south lobby (where merch historically is) being closed until 10, we aren't sure how the morning merch rush will be run as of yet. Best not to assume you can easily do both. Sorry if it conflicts, but PAX is all about making hard choices. Don't worry whatever plan we come up with will be communicated before the show.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • LetMeInLetMeIn Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »

With no Queue room, and likely south lobby (where merch historically is) being closed until 10, we aren't sure how the morning merch rush will be run as of yet. Best not to assume you can easily do both. Sorry if it conflicts, but PAX is all about making hard choices. Don't worry whatever plan we come up with will be communicated before the show.

After it is figured out, will you give us the details of how to get into line to throw money at the merch booth?

I've recently noticed that PA likes to make us wait before we are allowed to throw money at them
    I'm not going to throw money at the merch booth I just think it is funnier saying it that way

• LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    With no Queue room, and likely south lobby (where merch historically is) being closed until 10, we aren't sure how the morning merch rush will be run as of yet.
    I'm not liking how this sounds, especially with the word "rush" being used (previous years you could just go up the escalators and stroll into line). Here's hoping we don't have to wait two hours in the queue line so we can hurry to the merch line at open and spend another hour getting through that line for a couple of pins.

Lazorz on
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Solelron wrote: »
    wow. a panel I'm actually directly interested In going to! These rarely happen.

do we know where cerebus is gonna be?

Going by previous naming rules, Cerberus will likely be on the ground floor of the Crowne Plaza Hotel.

IhtGIyi.png
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    LetMeIn wrote: »
    After it is figured out, will you give us the details of how to get into line to throw money at the merch booth?

Won't be hard to figure out, likely when the pin quest is released they will say where\when they will be available (main merch, some annex merch, etc) and when that will be open. But if not i'll be happy to make sure and ask and get that to you all.

As far as me labeling it a rush, you all don't have to rush to that first thing in the morning. Really, that bit is entirely up to you whether its a rush or a stroll. If we decided to have it at main merch in south lobby again, and have that not open until 10am with everything else, should not take you an hour waiting in the merch line to get processed. You usually had to wait an hour before because you were able to get in line at 8am when south lobby opened, but merch did not open until Brian had his coffee, which was usually closer to 9am.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    you were able to get in line at 8am when south lobby opened, but merch did not open until Brian had his coffee, which was usually closer to 9am.

If that's the problem, I'll bring extra and he's welcome to some of it!

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    I vote that we all toss our money in a big bin and then the merch booth gets showered in it at the end of the day, like a winning football team. Miiiiight make a bit of a mess.

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    As far as me labeling it a rush, you all don't have to rush to that first thing in the morning. Really, that bit is entirely up to you whether its a rush or a stroll.

If there is no line set up before 10am for a collectable item that might sell out, there will be a rush.

IhtGIyi.png
  • SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Sounds good guys. I would love to be there - but imagine I will be there in spirit.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Someone just take a tripod for their phone and record it near the front. I'll take care of the rest.

• merchmistressmerchmistress Registered User regular
    I will address this with Brian- get the deets and try to put together a plan. I like plans. I also like my Pinny peeps to be happy. DONT MESS WITH MY PINNY PEEPS SCHEDULES! I will also have a beer hat converted to dispense coffee on Brians head at 6am. If brian refuses to cooperate, i will borrow Jamie and we will dance in his office until he breaks.

• KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    I will address this with Brian- get the deets and try to put together a plan. I like plans. I also like my Pinny peeps to be happy. DONT MESS WITH MY PINNY PEEPS SCHEDULES! I will also have a beer hat converted to dispense coffee on Brians head at 6am. If brian refuses to cooperate, i will borrow Jamie and we will dance in his office until he breaks.

Everyone who is in the front of the merch line, BRING STARBUCKS!

• merchmistressmerchmistress Registered User regular
    Oooh oooh! I will take a quad grande half
    Decaf whole milk latte with three sugars. Please. Also the last time I had a 'meeting' with Brian, he stole my glasses and imitated me for the majority of the 'meeting'. Productive? No. Fun and the reason we all love Brian? Yes!
    n1oufqe89tx1.jpg

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Oooh oooh! I will take a quad grande half
    Decaf whole milk latte with three sugars. Please. Also the last time I had a 'meeting' with Brian, he stole my glasses and imitated me for the majority of the 'meeting'. Productive? No. Fun and the reason we all love Brian? Yes!
    n1oufqe89tx1.jpg

I hope you guys are ready to deal with my shenanigans at the merch booth at Prime! Hoping to get that night shift goodness.

TheAggroCraig After Dark.
    will dance in his office until he breaks.

Gonna need a gif of you and any other PA staff dancing for this thing I'm putting together.

It's a folder of dancing PA staff gifs fyi.

• dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    With no Queue room, and likely south lobby (where merch historically is) being closed until 10...

Maybe I missed an announcement thread on this -- but with no queue room and the lobby being closed, where are people going to line up? Is the line going to be formed up outside the main convention center this year?

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
    dmosinee wrote: »
    With no Queue room, and likely south lobby (where merch historically is) being closed until 10...

Maybe I missed an announcement thread on this -- but with no queue room and the lobby being closed, where are people going to line up? Is the line going to be formed up outside the main convention center this year?
    @dmosinee up higher, @Beker said he would let us know.

Pins for trade!
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    If they are trying to avoid the 5am madness and the Swarm of people running into Expo, I don't think this will work. It will just move the crush elsewhere. Plus now they have to contend with people trying to run up escalators and possibly one person getting shoved in the fountain. This will be the year of the Nerd Herd.

You guys end up recording this?

We want to steal all yo shit for ours.

REMEMBER MY EDITING SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE AND SEXY!

You guys end up recording this?

We want to steal all yo shit for ours.

REMEMBER MY EDITING SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE AND SEXY!

I was in the merch lite line that morning, so I couldn't make it to take video of the panel. No idea if anyone else did, or if the audio is out there somewhere either.

Pins for trade!
    Not having any footage or audio would make the editing process slightly easier, but the final video wouldn't be as good..

It would just be this and silence for an hour:

pRMKmYW.png

In fact if you stare at that for an hour, my work here is done!

• evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    I know that @Qumaden was recording during the panel. Hopefully he will have some content for the greater community.

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It would just be this and silence for an hour:

pRMKmYW.png

WE'RE EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. PLEASE STAND BY FOR FURTHER INFORMATION

8fuuo_RK.png
  • QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Yea, my bag with my camera in it is en route(thanks to @merchmistress being super awesome). Should be here sometime next week. My camera isn't meant for video, but I figured it was better to try and fail than not try at all! I'll let you guys know if the audio/video quality is worthwhile, and then get it into the hands of someone who can actually do something with it.