As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] 2.0 has arrived! Weapons rebalanced! Time to Space Jam!

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    So, since I did the only actually new content in the update, I'm now permanently fucked out of subclass emblems?

Fuck off, Bungie. That is some really stupid bullshit, and I'm going to be reminded of it every time I see someone flying a Striker emblem.

If I can't get the rewards, don't let me run the quests. There's no reason for them to be live right now other than to have people run them to show off your new "questification" stuff, don't fuck over the people who take you up on that you homps.

If I don't get that stuff retroactively, I'm going to be pretty pissed.

It's like two steps forward, one step back with them.

I have no idea why they'd do this, and then on top of that have the gall to say "if you bothered to complete it early we're not going to fix the problem."

I've said it before me I'll say it again, Bungie is maybe the worst big developer at messaging.

I have to assume it's a bug and not something they did on purpose. And it's yet another bug where it seems like there should be a trivial way to ameliorate the effects after the fact (in this case by just mailing the emblem to everyone who has the quests completed, or just resetting the class quest completion bit on everyone when Taken King actually comes out). So I assume they'll tell us it's impossible to fix for reasons.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Unicron80 wrote: »
    Sorry @Bolthorn @Radiation , haven't had any evening play time this week, but I am still determined to destroy Skolas. Maybe tonight.

I can swing tonight.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    To be clear, because I don't want to go through the same thing - not that I blame you for doing so, Zed, because I would have done the same thing and Bungie's messaging on this is completely broken and I can only assume this will be fixed retroactively - what is the step that we're not supposed to do yet in order to be able to get these rewards later? Is it... don't complete the questline to the point where you get the legendary class items (the ones Zed was showing us yesterday)?

Edit: I did a few quests in the Titan line, I think, and got two blue class items. But as long as I didn't get either purple one yet, I'm good, right?

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Man, I don't like Rift. TTK is still ridiculous and the fact there isn't a map marker for the enemy spark carrier feels like a huge oversight.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Isn't the problem the Faction quests not the sub class quests?

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    To be clear, because I don't want to go through the same thing - not that I blame you for doing so, Zed, because I would have done the same thing and Bungie's messaging on this is completely broken and I can only assume this will be fixed retroactively - what is the step that we're not supposed to do yet in order to be able to get these rewards later? Is it... don't complete the questline to the point where you get the legendary class items (the ones Zed was showing us yesterday)?

The final step where your class trainer gives you your rewards. At this point I'd just play it safe and just wait to do the strike portion for a few of days.

In terms of fixing it, I'm sure they can figure out a way for the emblem. The forum post on the Help forums sound like it's mostly specific to the Faction quests that rewards an exotic armor upgrade. Although that quest isn't supposed to be in a finish-able state.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Noticed that Eris wanted my Black Hammer rune, all she gave me was 100 rep for it, so I guess maybe don't give it to her in case it's used for something else

• Options
    Hermano wrote: »

There's a 9 subclass emblems in the kiosk indicating you get them for doing the subclass quests. So sounds like something is missing in the rewards. Which hopefully those can get fixed. Getting the exotic from the faction quest is probably another issue.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

The problem is that Bungie hasn't specified:
    Bungie wrote:
    With the release of the Destiny 2.0 update, a few questions and issues have been posted on this #Help forum. Below will be a running list to address them. Please be sure to check the notes below for updates, and let us know if you see something different that what is currently known:

We're aware of an issue where Patrols and Faction-specific Quests are not granting the expected rewards upon completion. These rewards will be granted as expected for these activities starting on 9/15/2015. Patrols and Faction-specific Quests completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards.

Why they couldn't just come right out and say "Vanguard Sub-class quests are/are not affected" is beyond me. Now I'd like to think that when they say "will not retroactively grant rewards," they're just covering themselves on cases of people wanting to suddenly get like 20 Patrol rewards at once. I don't think anyone would expect that. But the emblem? That should absolutely be unlocked for people, be it manually or procedurally.

I think one of a few things will happen:

- They'll do some database searching and set a flag behind the scenes to unlock it in the kiosk
    - They'll reset the quests en masse
    - They'll add the quests to the Abandoned Quest kiosk

What I don't think will happen is that they'll say "Sorry, we know you were starved for content once 2.0 dropped, nothing we can do about it."

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    So now that armor materials are a thing, what do I do with my plasteel plates, etc?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Well and note that there are two parts to that. I wouldn't expect patrol rewards to be retroactive. As far as we know Faction specific quests are uncompletable anyways but may have some other reward beyond those marks/bond/cloaks that wasn't dropping.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    So now that armor materials are a thing, what do I do with my plasteel plates, etc?

Whip up a big ol' batch of plasteel gumbo!

forumsig.png
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Edit: I did a few quests in the Titan line, I think, and got two blue class items. But as long as I didn't get either purple one yet, I'm good, right?

You should be fine. Just don't do the one that has to be finished inside a strike. That's the last step (I think it's step 7) and gets you the class item.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Wait for 9/15 and turn them in for the unified armor material

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options

Next week vanguard guy will have an exchange thing going to you can convert them to armor mats.
    darleysam wrote: »

Or that. With some Hardonic Essense Hush Puppies and Sapphire Wire Salad.

• Options

Next week vanguard guy will have an exchange thing going to you can convert them to armor mats.

Paging Sigmund Freud to the Destiny thread. Sigmund Freud to the Destiny thread.

forumsig.png
  • Options

Paging Sigmund Freud to the Destiny thread. Sigmund Freud to the Destiny thread.

Sometimes a typo is just a typo. (or maybe I really like Hush Puppies.)

Also, I just realized it's a references to hadrons, the subatomic particle hadrons and not just a random sci-fi made up word like plasteel.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I managed to download this, in the end, onto my PS3; has anyone else felt as though the game has sped up? Like enemies moving much quicker, shooting being a tad faster, actually running quicker when out in the tower, and during gameplay?

I would say it was my imagination, but there are times when it seems to slow down to what I thought it was before, and my fps did take a hit in one crucible match due to activity on the screen although I swear I've seen more go off and it not take such a hit.

I did check my ping in a crucible match and it seemed completely fine; I don't know if there has been some kind of performance upgrade in this patch for the old consoles.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options

Also, I just realized it's a references to hadrons, the subatomic particle hadrons and not just a random sci-fi made up word like plasteel.

As a physicist forced to develop a high tolerance for people randomly throwing sciency words into stuff to make it sound futuristic, whoever the science buzzword advisor on Destiny is is pretty good. Like, it's all still bullshit but they do at least use the words mostly correctly (if not meaningfully most of the time) and there are some surprising references that I assume most players think are just made up words (my favorite I can recall off the top of my head being the warlock bond Metastability Event). Though sometimes they are just flat-out wrong about something (like the warlock bond The Tethering; though I suppose even in that case it's at least wrong in a way that's understandable).

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Man, I don't like Rift. TTK is still ridiculous and the fact there isn't a map marker for the enemy spark carrier feels like a huge oversight.

I'm actually really glad you don't have a map marker for the enemy carrier. When the spark is being carried, you fall back to your Rift to defend it instead of going out hunting. It inspires teamwork and a unified front instead of lone-wolfing it. Communication becomes key as you call out where the Spark is focus fire on it.

What Destiny needs now are Warthogs and big maps to use the Warthogs on. And then two-flag.

And then Coagulation/Blood Gulch

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    So what's the level of everyone's class items? I was seeing people running around with 170 armor Crota's End ones. Mine are all 140 (130 for VoG )

jefe414 on
  • Options

Hah! I'd never put that together. Nice one!

forumsig.png
  • Options
    hoodie13 wrote: »

I'm actually really glad you don't have a map marker for the enemy carrier. When the spark is being carried, you fall back to your Rift to defend it instead of going out hunting. It inspires teamwork and a unified front instead of lone-wolfing it. Communication becomes key as you call out where the Spark is focus fire on it.

What Destiny needs now are Warthogs and big maps to use the Warthogs on. And then two-flag.

My issue is because of the fast TTK, the lack of marker denies you information you can use to defend properly. Do I use my nade or super on this group coming around the corner that may or may not have the carrier?

Multiple times last night, I was defending, looked up to the stairs/to the left/to the right to see if anyone was coming, then died instantly as I was flanked by the carrier group just out of my peripheral vision.

Think about Control, and how granular the information is from those simple icons, their color, and how fast/slow they fill when contested, and how it helps you make correct decisions. That is missing from Rift.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    jefe414 wrote: »
    So what's the level of everyone's class items? I was seeing people running around with 170 armor Crota's End ones. Mine are all 140 (130 for VoG )

Just talking to your vanguard mentor in the tower should give you a 160 (or 180 if you're warlock) blue item.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

Just talking to your vanguard mentor in the tower should give you a 160 (or 180 if you're warlock) blue item.

Strangely, the PoE class items have an armor rating of 3.

I can't decide if that's intentional or not. They do look like garbage.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »

Strangely, the PoE class items have an armor rating of 3.

I can't decide if that's intentional or not. They do look like garbage.

I've heard that newly issued ones are higher. Which is really just a jerkface move frankly.

• Options

Yeah I did that. I was just wondering why I inspected some other people and their same raid gear was so much higher than mine.

• Options

My issue is because of the fast TTK, the lack of marker denies you information you can use to defend properly. Do I use my nade or super on this group coming around the corner that may or may not have the carrier?

Multiple times last night, I was defending, looked up to the stairs/to the left/to the right to see if anyone was coming, then died instantly as I was flanked by the carrier group just out of my peripheral vision.

Think about Control, and how granular the information is from those simple icons, their color, and how fast/slow they fill when contested, and how it helps you make correct decisions. That is missing from Rift.

If the spark carrier had a marker you could pretty much never score. It's already pretty hard to score if either team has a full or partial fireteam. You gotta bring the spark right into the center of friggin Mordor. If you can't do it sneakily, you'll get shut down easily.

Honestly, the thing about team game modes, is that in a lot of them your experience will change dramatically if you're in a team.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    My Deep Stone Crypt, the one that I paid motes for, has a terrible defense rating. I think it's 3. I was planning on wearing that a lot more now that I didn't have to roll faction constantly, but no. It actively makes me worse now.

It's like Bungie is specifically trolling me this week.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Celian wrote: »

If the spark carrier had a marker you could pretty much never score. It's already pretty hard to score if either team has a full or partial fireteam. You gotta bring the spark right into the center of friggin Mordor. If you can't do it sneakily, you'll get shut down easily.

Honestly, the thing about team game modes, is that in a lot of them your experience will change dramatically if you're in a team.

That may be why the new crucible bounties seem to frequently focus on being in a fireteam. I know I don't tend to bother looking for one unless it's IB week.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    My Deep Stone Crypt, the one that I paid motes for, has a terrible defense rating. I think it's 3. I was planning on wearing that a lot more now that I didn't have to roll faction constantly, but no. It actively makes me worse now.

It's like Bungie is specifically trolling me this week.

I hope this shows. It should be in my mailbox today. /crosses fingers.
    icm_fullxfull.67613349_588u2ggc5wsoks4w8co0.jpg

icm_fullxfull.67640130_gheaax4wzogkgwwgg84w.jpg

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So, since I did the only actually new content in the update, I'm now permanently fucked out of subclass emblems?

Fuck off, Bungie. That is some really stupid bullshit, and I'm going to be reminded of it every time I see someone flying a Striker emblem.

If I can't get the rewards, don't let me run the quests. There's no reason for them to be live right now other than to have people run them to show off your new "questification" stuff, don't fuck over the people who take you up on that you homps.

I have no idea why they'd do this, and then on top of that have the gall to say "if you bothered to complete it early we're not going to fix the problem."

I've said it before me I'll say it again, Bungie is maybe the worst big developer at messaging.

I have to assume it's a bug and not something they did on purpose. And it's yet another bug where it seems like there should be a trivial way to ameliorate the effects after the fact (in this case by just mailing the emblem to everyone who has the quests completed, or just resetting the class quest completion bit on everyone when Taken King actually comes out). So I assume they'll tell us it's impossible to fix for reasons.

Someone on reddit posted a pretty specific update from Bungie that folks who complete the subclass quest early will not get the emblem next week. Unless that's changed, that's a pretty shitty response to a bug.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Just a heads up, if you were... zealous in collecting your armor upgrade items back in the days of the loot cave, you can turn them in for rep at your favored faction. 25/50 rep, haven't tested with the nightfall buff.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Man, I had a blast last night in rift. I was on my titan which I am not usually as good on.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options

Someone on reddit posted a pretty specific update from Bungie that folks who complete the subclass quest early will not get the emblem next week. Unless that's changed, that's a pretty shitty response to a bug.

Source?

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular

No, please stop saying this. I've seen it posted so many times in so many places. Bungie has not specifically commented on the Subclass Quest rewards. People are inferring from their (admittedly) poor wording:
    Bungie wrote:
    We're aware of an issue where Patrols and Faction-specific Quests are not granting the expected rewards upon completion. These rewards will be granted as expected for these activities starting on 9/15/2015. Patrols and Faction-specific Quests completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards.

Until they specifically state that Subclass Quest rewards are broken, pleeeeeeeeease stop saying that they are.

Don't get me wrong, I assume the same thing: Faction = Vanguard, but until it's 100% confirmed, it's just a guess.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Celian wrote: »

Source?

2.0 Bug Collection Thread (reddit)
    EMBLEMS AND SHADERS
    • Subclass quest emblems and some faction rewards are not being rewarded upon completion. DO NOT COMPLETE LEST YOU RISK LOSING THE EMBLEM. Confirmed by Bungie - No User Evidence Available
    • Weapons Pack, Suros Arsenal, and Collector's Edition Exotic Class Items are not available to all players. Confirmed by Bungie: will be released 9/15 - No User Evidence Available

From Bungie.net (1st link in the quote; emphasis mine):

The reasoning is that Vanguard = Faction, so sub-class emblems are considered a reward from a "Faction-specific Quest."

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options

Yeah, I saw the quote. I'm hoping that it was just a very poorly worded message meaning only that the rewards would not be automatically given out retroactively. If it's really a case of "too bad, people who were eager to play our game are just boned" that would be spectacularly shitty.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    yeah I'm at the "do all this shit in a strike to impress Cayde" step for gunslinger so I'm just gonna be like. Nope.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Jumped in on my Warlock last night in an effort to move his Marks up or down to a multiple of fifty. Discovered that you can still get Vanguard Marks so I can get that up to 200, but not Crucible Marks. Luckily was on a tens value so I bought a few material packs to get me down to 150.

Juggled my weapons, armor, and class item around to get my light to just above 160 when not using the Prototype Weapons and at 160 when using them.

I did like the feel of the new weapons. And that "upgraded radar"? Sweet.

Kinda wish my Red, Legendary Ghost was worth more Light than 3, but oh well. I'll swap out as stats are needed.

So, it appears that for the rest of the week, until my characters aren't level capped anymore, I'm going to be holding off on the new quests (I want to have that XP go somewhere). I hope that they fix the glitch concerning the banners for people, that's an unfortunate situation.

I guess I'll need to go check on my Titan and Hunter as well, get them prepped for the roll over. Get those daily packages queued up, bounties set to turn in, etc.

Does anyone remember if the "pledging" to a faction applies to all of your characters or to just the one that does the pledging? I would assume just the character pledging, but with the way some things have gone "account wide", I'm just wanting to be sure.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir