As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] 2.0 has arrived! Weapons rebalanced! Time to Space Jam!

1939495969799»

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Pledging is just per a character.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    MenasorMenasor Registered User regular

But Glimmer is per account! 7500/week spent if you pledge with 3 characters.

Destiny PS4: Earthen1
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Unicron80 wrote: »
    Sorry Bolthorn Radiation , haven't had any evening play time this week, but I am still determined to destroy Skolas. Maybe tonight.

I can swing tonight.

@Radiation @Unicron80

Yeah, I'll miss the first football game of the season (a game I don't really care about anyhow) for another shot at Skolas. Hate that guy. I'll probably just go ahead and log in as soon as I get home from work tonight.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    Sorry Bolthorn Radiation , haven't had any evening play time this week, but I am still determined to destroy Skolas. Maybe tonight.

I can swing tonight.

@Radiation @Unicron80

Yeah, I'll miss the first football game of the season (a game I don't really care about anyhow) for another shot at Skolas. Hate that guy. I'll probably just go ahead and log in as soon as I get home from work tonight.

What?? They're bound to talk about deflated footballs, though! ;)

• Options
    Menasor wrote: »

Not sure but I believe that pledges last until overwritten. So it's 7500 if you want to keep playing the field but 0 if you're going steady with Dead Orbit, like you should.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

You have to pledge every week? I'd assumed it was a one-time thing (unless you wanted to switch).

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Someday I'll crack 50 kills

oxo58j7n03dg.jpg

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular

You have to pledge every week? I'd assumed it was a one-time thing (unless you wanted to switch).

...That's an interesting point. They did say that you can switch your pledge, but only once per week. But did they say that if you want to keep your pledge week after week, it's constant?

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    Jesus, dude. That's like, a kill every 20 seconds if the match went the full 15 minutes? And I assume it really, really didn't with 94 kills on your team.

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Celian wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Man, I don't like Rift. TTK is still ridiculous and the fact there isn't a map marker for the enemy spark carrier feels like a huge oversight.

I'm actually really glad you don't have a map marker for the enemy carrier. When the spark is being carried, you fall back to your Rift to defend it instead of going out hunting. It inspires teamwork and a unified front instead of lone-wolfing it. Communication becomes key as you call out where the Spark is focus fire on it.

What Destiny needs now are Warthogs and big maps to use the Warthogs on. And then two-flag.

And then Coagulation/Blood Gulch

My issue is because of the fast TTK, the lack of marker denies you information you can use to defend properly. Do I use my nade or super on this group coming around the corner that may or may not have the carrier?

Multiple times last night, I was defending, looked up to the stairs/to the left/to the right to see if anyone was coming, then died instantly as I was flanked by the carrier group just out of my peripheral vision.

Think about Control, and how granular the information is from those simple icons, their color, and how fast/slow they fill when contested, and how it helps you make correct decisions. That is missing from Rift.

If the spark carrier had a marker you could pretty much never score. It's already pretty hard to score if either team has a full or partial fireteam. You gotta bring the spark right into the center of friggin Mordor. If you can't do it sneakily, you'll get shut down easily.

Honestly, the thing about team game modes, is that in a lot of them your experience will change dramatically if you're in a team.

Like, here's a big problem with markers that I see: You're the Spark. You've got one guy on your team alive, everyone else is dead. The entire other team is alive and knows exactly where you are, and with movement speed and map traversal how it is in this game they'll be on you in 10 seconds. How do you as the Spark defend against that and score?

As it is now, the Spark glows brightly, throws off sound, and has a comet trail. They gave you all the indications you should need to find the Spark and shut it down. That's your defense for finding the Spark. You don't get an exact marker, just like you wouldn't get exact markers in Control for each individual person stealing a zone. The markers you get in Control give you all the information you need: where the points are, the status of the points, and based on the speed of the capture you can guess how many people are there. Rift also does this: where the Rifts are, and the current status of the Spark. Heck, they even actually DO give you a location for the Spark in the progress meter. You better believe that if there are three dots lit up that Spark is close-as-shit and you better back up, crouch down, and get ready for a fight.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    FYSA: people who have ran 35 PoE this week are recommending 167-170 light level. Looks like the best I can get is 167 unless I get another etheric light.

They said round 4 is tough because of shotgun nerf, even with blind bubble

And burning Skolas with ghorn at 25% is tough, which I think wasn't our plan anyway.

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    FYSA: people who have ran 35 PoE this week are recommending 167-170 light level. Looks like the best I can get is 167 unless I get another etheric light.

And burning Skolas with ghorn at 25% is tough, which I think wasn't our plan anyway.

My personal preference is to snipe the VIP in round 4 - have 2x buddies + blind bubble to guard your back while you take the VIP out from range. =)

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »

My personal preference is to snipe the VIP in round 4 - have 2x buddies + blind bubble to guard your back while you take the VIP out from range. =)

That would be great if I could snipe worth a damn.

Maybe my buddies can snipe.

We one-shotted the round 4/wave 3 VIP the other day with blind bubble/shotguns. Hope it's not that much more difficult. Well, I guess it is 50% more difficult now.

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    The shotgun nerf is just the worst. People are still charging around in Crucible with Felwinters and my Party Crasher +1 still one shots from an obnoxious distance. Not really sure what they accomplished, except make yellow bars a pain in the ass.

EDIT: On another note Monte Carlo is my new favourite gun. That thing is an absolute laser and so much fun to use.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    If the whole subclass emblem thing turns out to be a big misunderstanding because Bungie is terrible at talking about their game I will be both very happy and completely unsurprised.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Jesus, dude. That's like, a kill every 20 seconds if the match went the full 15 minutes? And I assume it really, really didn't with 94 kills on your team.

Didn't get the whole match, but Hard Light did some work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn6MXmMq-Wk

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

Burning Skolas should always be the plan. It's just too damn cathartic at that point, and you'll need that fist-pumping "Fuck You Skolas" moment of triumph for your personal mental well-being.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah they've really got to do something about the shotgun nerf

Either make yellows less ridiculously bullet-spongey or give us back the high risk, high reward option of closing to melee range and obliterating them

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    @Hawkbeard, you still planning on running things on PS4 in half an hour? I am 'hlprmnky_2' (funny story: I'm virtually *certain* that 'hlprmnky' is actually me on some other SOE property, possibly that old pirate MMO, but I wasn't able to figure it out/recover my password so now I am hlprmnky_2 ...forever).

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    If the whole subclass emblem thing turns out to be a big misunderstanding because Bungie is terrible at talking about their game I will be both very happy and completely unsurprised.

My thing is that normally when they are talking about Factions they are talking specifically about the 3 Crucible mark factions. I would assume your class quest, would, you know, be considered a class quest. Other than being given by your Vanguard mentor it doesnt particularly have anything to do with the vanguard.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options

Either make yellows less ridiculously bullet-spongey or give us back the high risk, high reward option of closing to melee range and obliterating them

If their complaint is the boss thing they just need to give shotguns different damage mods to majors versus ultras. Which of course would take coding and so we can expect it to happen in approximately a years time, cause bungie lol.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    haha watched a few post patch Hard Light vids and people scoring bankshot kills is pretty damn funny.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Has anyone tried Mytho in PvP post-patch? I'm intrigued by the "faster bullets" and increased base stability. Everyone's talking about Hard Light but I'm wondering if Mytho will feel super good.

Also, it's lunchtime, so I'm gonna make a new thread. I'll link it in a second. Thank you for your continued patience, guardians.
    -MGMT

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Mytho in PvP post-patch? I'm intrigued by the "faster bullets" and increased base stability. Everyone's talking about Hard Light but I'm wondering if Mytho will feel super good.

Also, it's lunchtime, so I'm gonna make a new thread. I'll link it in a second. Thank you for your continued patience, guardians.
    -MGMT

It's still sucky.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

If their complaint is the boss thing they just need to give shotguns different damage mods to majors versus ultras. Which of course would take coding and so we can expect it to happen in approximately a years time, cause bungie lol.

My theory about the nerf is that they finally got arround to giving us some bosses that aren't bullet sponges only to realize that the tools that we've been using to kill things with billions of hit points are even better at killing things with less. So the old shotgun paradigm was just obliterating bosses in playtesting, which made then take the shotguns away. Making yellow knights and captains the new bosses.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular

Didn't get the whole match, but Hard Light did some work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn6MXmMq-Wk

...dude, looks like you were the one that worked.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Honestly, the thing that might be annoying me more is that there was no word of this at all

They had their whole weapon philosophy thing and mentioned nothing about huge pve shotgun damage nerfs at all

I get that a lot can change in design iteration in just even a day, but they need to get in a culture of more frequent developer transparency if they want to do it at all

Even just small tweets can make a tremendous amount of difference. Blizzard has been pulling it off for years now.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/200586/destiny-come-on-and-slam-and-welcome-to-the-jam?new=1

New thread.

(The Grand ReOPening is coming. Oryx is coming. Michael Jordan and Bugs Bunny are coming. But not today, guardians.)

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

-MGMT

It's still sucky.
    man Mytho has always been a great PVP weapon, you crazy

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Not sure but I believe that pledges last until overwritten. So it's 7500 if you want to keep playing the field but 0 if you're going steady with Dead Orbit, like you should.

You spelled New Monarchy real weird there...

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »
    The shotgun nerf is just the worst. People are still charging around in Crucible with Felwinters and my Party Crasher +1 still one shots from an obnoxious distance. Not really sure what they accomplished, except make yellow bars a pain in the ass.

EDIT: On another note Monte Carlo is my new favourite gun. That thing is an absolute laser and so much fun to use.

Yes.... Yes.... I am enjoying welcoming my newest members of the Monte Culto. We have jackets!
    They're pre-patch, so only 3 defense.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Honestly, the thing that might be annoying me more is that there was no word of this at all

They had their whole weapon philosophy thing and mentioned nothing about huge pve shotgun damage nerfs at all

I get that a lot can change in design iteration in just even a day, but they need to get in a culture of more frequent developer transparency if they want to do it at all

Even just small tweets can make a tremendous amount of difference. Blizzard has been pulling it off for years now.

The thing is, they DID, though. They mentioned back on July 18th that they were going to be nerfing shotguns in PvE, but their suggested number was, like, 10%.

Full quote from their post here.
    Bungie wrote:
    SHOTGUNS

The Shotgun changes in 1.1.1 hit Range pretty hard. For almost all of the Shotguns available to players, this felt really good in our playtests. Occasionally a long range Shotgun with the right perks on it would show up and push the intended limits, but they were few and far between…

…Until Lord Saladin started selling Felwinter’s Lie! The availability of a powerful, long range Shotgun that could be Reforged until the perfect perk arrangement showed up made this combination very prevalent. In House of Wolves, we continued to allow Reforging on other ranged Shotguns. Soon after, what we thought would be exciting edge cases in our weapon population became the new normal. Rather than hit the Range stat again, we are directly targeting the Shotgun perks that push out Shotgun lethality distance: Shot Package and Rangefinder.
    The PVE boost to Shotguns in 1.1.1 was significant, and since then we’ve seen groups of Guardians gang up with their boom sticks and trivially roll through some pretty tough PVE encounters. The reward of gut blasting a hulking enemy is super sweet, but that close-quarters action could benefit from a slight reduction in outgoing damage.

Goals:
    * Shotgun is most effective at very close range
    * Complements melee attacks and other close-quarters class builds
    * Offensively closing on an enemy with a Shotgun is a risk/reward timing game
    * Curb Shotgun effectiveness in PVE slightly to reintroduce some risk when closing on a powerful enemy

Changes:
    * Shotgun perks that enhance lethality at range should be less effective when combined with a high initial Range stat:
    * Reduce Shot Package Accuracy buff by 30%
    * Rangefinder adds a 5% base Range increase on ADS (was 20%)
    * Reduce Precision Damage multiplier on Shotguns by 10%
    * Reduce damage against AI combatants by 10%

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Yea, the proposed changes were fine for the most part. They apparently missed a 0 in that 10% figure which is way less fine.

• Options
    AlanF5AlanF5 Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    My Deep Stone Crypt, the one that I paid motes for, has a terrible defense rating. I think it's 3. I was planning on wearing that a lot more now that I didn't have to roll faction constantly, but no. It actively makes me worse now.

It's like Bungie is specifically trolling me this week.

Wow. Mine's like 135. (compared to the blue 160 i got for going to orbit). I am also sad about it.

• Options
    Variks summons all Guardians to the new thread

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    boy, this first set of crucible bounties sure suck if you're a solo player. 4 out of the 5 of them require playing on a fireteam

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png