As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dumb Things You've Done Recently

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I'm buying a house getting married and going on a honeymoon all within 5 days.

Planning!

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i assembled my new desk a few weeks ago and you're supposed to apply some grease to the slidy bits and I forgot it on about half of them... now they've all settled and the only resolution involves a mallet

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I rode the bus for half an hour then walked another forty minutes to work today, before discovering I left my key card in yesterday's pants. No one else shows up at the office for another hour.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I left my car registration expire close to two years.

Finally got busted.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

Finally got busted.

Oh man

I did this a few years ago

felt real dumb

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod

Finally got busted.

Oh man

felt real dumb

Sigh... this was last Wednesday. I didn't mean to, we've just had a lot going on and forgot.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn

Finally got busted.

Oh man

felt real dumb

Yep. I don't even have an excuse except laziness.

Luckily I can get it dismissed by just renewing it and paying some late fees and a $20 court fine.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Thats not bad!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I gave my daughter sugary snack one hour before bedtime last night. Who needs sleep? Not me.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    watched Disney's Descendants

Yo you too?

You wanna talk about how dumb it is?

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    A little while back I microwaved some tomato soup and spilled it while I was taking it out. And it wasn't on an easy to clean tile floor either. It was goddammit wooden floorboards and cardboard boxes and potted plants.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I gave my daughter sugary snack one hour before bedtime last night. Who needs sleep? Not me.

Candy is for Breakfast! according to children

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Candy is for Breakfast! according to children

children for president

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I ate too many hash browns this morning and now i am feeling quite sick

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

My mind read this as "I gave my daughter surgery" at first and I was like... We have a new winner.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

I want to feel bad for you but also I really want some hashbrowns

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

I want to feel bad for you but also I really want some hashbrowns

it was worth it at first but then i got sicker but now i might be starting to come back around to 'worth it'

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

My mind read this as "I gave my daughter surgery" at first and I was like... We have a new winner.

Trepanation is in these days.

Finally got busted.

Oh man

felt real dumb

Yep. I don't even have an excuse except laziness.

Luckily I can get it dismissed by just renewing it and paying some late fees and a $20 court fine.

I did that once. But it was because of poverty instead of laziness.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    This wasn't recent, but it was really, really dumb

We were walking through Wal-Mart and I saw the little demo tents they had on display to show you what they look like without taking up a lot of floor space

And I dunno where my brain was but it was not in the right place, and so I asked my then-wife why in the world somebody would buy a tent that small

Is it just for dolls or something?

So yeah I had a Zoolander moment

"What is this, a tent for ants?"

At least I felt suitably horrified with my brain after I realized moments later what an idiot I was

• AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular

Finally got busted.

ceres wrote: »

Finally got busted.

Oh man

felt real dumb

Sigh... this was last Wednesday. I didn't mean to, we've just had a lot going on and forgot.

Guess what I forgot to do a month ago

Which is when I was desperately trying to find a place to live

I will take this as a sign to do it SOON.

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular

Damnit if she wants to look like a cat for her 9th birthday, you either go big or go home.

forumsig.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

We were walking through Wal-Mart and I saw the little demo tents they had on display to show you what they look like without taking up a lot of floor space

And I dunno where my brain was but it was not in the right place, and so I asked my then-wife why in the world somebody would buy a tent that small

At least I felt suitably horrified with my brain after I realized moments later what an idiot I was

I LOVE THOSE TINY TENTS

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

I LOVE THOSE TINY TENTS

Get a bunch of them. Then stomp around pretending to be Godzilla At Camp.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I managed to jam the pointy end of my mechanical pencil up underneath my fingernail today. Does that count?

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Syphyre wrote: »
    I managed to jam the pointy end of my mechanical pencil up underneath my fingernail today. Does that count?

Yes, yes it does.

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I left the car windows down in a thunderstorm.

Twice.

Oh.

I'm organizing a bachelor party even though not only am I not in the wedding party, I'm not even invited to the wedding (small, family only).

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Oh.

I'm organizing a bachelor party even though not only am I not in the wedding party, I'm not even invited to the wedding (small, family only).

make it the worst party ever.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Well I mean, get a bunch of other mutual friends who also aren't invited to the wedding and take your friend out and have fun

It's probably a dry wedding anyway

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Oh.

Invite only other people who won't be at the wedding.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I am trying to make a living working freelance, making my own schedule.

I just accidentally double booked myself for a day and told my girlfriend how dumb I was.

She then said "that's the day were moving. You even rented the van!"

So that's like double dumb.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Oh.

Make it the best bachelorette party the world has ever seen

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »

Had the heavy paper from our shopping bags slide up under my nail and delivery a paper cut a couple of times.

Also went to zip my pants up the other day, zipper tab slide right up under and into my index nail.

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    i once got lost on an island and had teams of people, including helicopters, searching for me.

• TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I got drunk and when I woke up I had an email welcoming me to the flat earth society and informing me that my T-shirt was on its way in the mail

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
    Al_wat wrote: »
    i once got lost on an island and had teams of people, including helicopters, searching for me.

I always wondered this.

Did you get any sort of bill for the expense?

no, but the way it went down when i finally got in contact with the police; i felt i very easily could have.

also im in canada so i dunno we usually let taxes pay for things

• TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    I also drunk dialed NASA and tried to talk to the nice lady on the other end about Star Fox

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!