As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MGSV: a logo creation program with a stealth minigame attached

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I just spent an hour and twenty minutes in mission nine

At least thirty minutes of that was looking for the very last prisoner to complete all the objectives

Still somehow got S rank despite four event combat alerts, and zero points from time. Turns out taking out all eleven vehicles matters for a while lot of points.

Edit: Oh yeah also 45 headshots is 45k points too hah

Maddoc on
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    So there's some pretty crazy internet rumours about a content patch tomorrow.

I'd be shocked if it was true but kojima so who knows

i've seen these rumors and i can't believe that people are actually credulous enough to believe them

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »
    There's a bug that can potentially corrupt your save files in the game right now so a patch wouldn't really surprise me

No, it's a rumour about like an extra mission or something being patched in.

that seems like some knee-jerk gossip in response to the missing mission 51

i'd have to think konami would have gotten out ahead of things and been like "we didn't cut it we just had to push it to be DLC don't worry it's coming!"

unless they're just... hoping they can patch it in before the vast majority of players get far enough to notice it's not there? that seems highly unlikely

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Tried my first invasion

It was HARD. Got my ass kicked.

Neat, though

any time someone has multiple platforms i pretty much assume i'm fucked

speaking of which, how do you build extra platforms? do they just build automatically as your security team levels up?

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    when do I get to change my base logo

is it something ive been able to do this whole time in mother base and didn't realize, or is it unlocked at some point

7yh4xczljsym.png

is it something ive been able to do this whole time in mother base and didn't realize, or is it unlocked at some point

while in the helicopter, go to mother base > customize > emblem

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod

It's unlocked pretty early but you can only do it from the Customize menu in the ACC

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    oh ok thats probably why i haven't noticed it, thanks

7yh4xczljsym.png
    oh shit i just realized

Big Boss modeled the Foxhound logo after DD, didn't he

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

At least thirty minutes of that was looking for the very last prisoner to complete all the objectives

Still somehow got S rank despite four event combat alerts, and zero points from time. Turns out taking out all eleven vehicles matters for a while lot of points.

What's the deal with the vehicles beyond the main seven? Do they spawn if you take out all seven and stick around?

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »

What's the deal with the vehicles beyond the main seven? Do they spawn if you take out all seven and stick around?

Pretty much, you'll get a call saying you can stick around and take out the reinforcements or leave.

Also the original Foxhound logo is still way better

SFG_FOXHOUND.jpg

• DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    aw man why would they get rid of "you're fired"

oh

my

god
    Why didn't they leave in

CONSECUTIVE

C

Q

C

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Seeing the comment attached to the post I'm now annoyed I gave it a hitcount bump

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Tried my first invasion

It was HARD. Got my ass kicked.

Neat, though

any time someone has multiple platforms i pretty much assume i'm fucked

speaking of which, how do you build extra platforms? do they just build automatically as your security team levels up?

click R1 in base facilities. You've really been missing out if you've gone this long without developing your FOB

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    There's a bug that can potentially corrupt your save files in the game right now so a patch wouldn't really surprise me

i'd have to think konami would have gotten out ahead of things and been like "we didn't cut it we just had to push it to be DLC don't worry it's coming!"

unless they're just... hoping they can patch it in before the vast majority of players get far enough to notice it's not there? that seems highly unlikely

Nah, it's all tied to some countdown timer on some website that has a lot of Orwellian connections, has "a ##### ###### game" as one of its headers, and has what looks like a guy with an eyepatch on one of its hidden pages

The problem is that, while the timer started on August 1st, it ends tomorrow at 4:20 PM est

So my money is on an elaborate "420 blaze it" gag

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

Nah, it's all tied to some countdown timer on some website that has a lot of Orwellian connections, has "a ##### ###### game" as one of its headers, and has what looks like a guy with an eyepatch on one of its hidden pages

The problem is that, while the timer started on August 1st, it ends tomorrow at 4:20 PM est

So my money is on an elaborate "420 blaze it" gag

420 smoke phantom cigars erryday

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    obviously it will be a special 9/11 themed mission where sahelanthropus is rampaging through new york and big boss has to destroy it by using jet fuel to melt its steel joints

well now i feel like that joke was in bad taste but i feel like if i edit and say "nope this was in bad taste" people will think it was even worse than it is

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    But jet fuel can't... nevermind, I can't do it.

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Altered to be palatable, I would totally play a mission with Sahelanthropus going all Godzilla on a city. Sneaking, fighting, whatevs.

• PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    obviously it will be a special 9/11 themed mission where sahelanthropus is rampaging through new york and big boss has to destroy it by using jet fuel to melt its steel joints

Turns out the content patch is for another metal gear game

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Luke

How could you forget to include Tortoise Emergency?

I thought we were friends.

IKknkhU.gif
    Stilts wrote: »
    Luke

because i did a PA specific search for "tortoise" and it didn't come up!!

Paladin wrote: »

Turns out the content patch is for another metal gear game

For the MSX

signature-deffo.jpg
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Luke

because i did a PA specific search for "tortoise" and it didn't come up!!

IKknkhU.gif
    That's one thing I am surprised we could not so, is airdrop the animals we Fulton

I was looking forward to dropping a bear on an outpost

signature-deffo.jpg
  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    I'm very much okay with my first major emblem.
    F6D53D5BA08243625BBA2645770BCCAF0EDE93B4

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    @Death of Rats and I had the same idea.

8pf2q5vfjd3s.jpg

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Mission 29 S Rank
    No dwalker, rockets or supply drops

I find it pretty funny that I tried to use a tank at the start but did no damage with it because I've never driven one before so it gets taken out before I even figured out what the buttons were.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    part of me really wants this to be for real

if only because kojima has been trying to fool people so much

but people figured out the phantom pain fakeout in minutes and the silent hills fakeout in days

let him have one, internet!

mission 46
    people even figured out the phantom boss twist!

COME ON, LET HIM HAVE ONE MORE FAKEOUT

• Doctor FinkDoctor Fink Bishounen Chewbacca Registered User regular
    So I've heard guards talking about it for a while now and I've had unit deployment missions to interrupt their supply,

But I've yet to see any security cameras anywhere.

Do they only show up after a certain mission or something?

PSN: Doctor_Fink / Xbox Live:LieutenantDef / Steam: Doctor Fink
    The morse code message on the website in question decodes as
    IS THERE SUCH A THING AS AN ABSOLUTE TIMELESS ENEMY

so if this is a hoax, which it probably is, whoever is responsible did a fantastic job pre-planning it and timing it

signature-deffo.jpg
    So I've heard guards talking about it for a while now and I've had unit deployment missions to interrupt their supply,

But I've yet to see any security cameras anywhere.

Do they only show up after a certain mission or something?

I think they only show up at the really heavily guarded bases? I've never seen one at a smaller guard post for sure

signature-deffo.jpg
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    They seem to show up really late game

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    Olivaw wrote: »
    The morse code message on the website in question decodes as
    IS THERE SUCH A THING AS AN ABSOLUTE TIMELESS ENEMY

so if this is a hoax, which it probably is, whoever is responsible did a fantastic job pre-planning it and timing it

yep

a metal gear quote that's not from MGSV but still relevant to orwellian ideas

either this dude did an amazing job planning a hoax or this is definitely something MGSV related

that said, it could be something as little as "DOWNLOAD THE NEW BIG BROTHER EMBLEM PIECE FOR MGSV" so

y'know

not gettin' too worked up about it yet

This discussion has been closed.