As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

COME ON! I AM NEED HELP!

TamTam Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Artist's Corner
Uggo.jpg

skull.jpg

Clotho.jpg

witch.jpg

spage7.jpg

Tam on

• Options
    JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Quite a good grasp of anatomy there.. is that charcoal in the 1st pic?

JCM on
  • Options
    The One Dark KnightThe One Dark Knight Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Yay on accurate skulls!

Seems to me like there's a non-existant brow ridge though ):

The One Dark Knight on
    [END]
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I'd say I'm still mediocre, JCM, but thanks.

Knight, you're right. Great. I rhymed. I hate myself even more now. Look what you did. No, but yeah, brow line's nonexistence noted.

Tam on
  • Options
    ButchersBlindButchersBlind Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The first images character has a really nice shape to him.
    The skull just doesnt look that great, bit too simple.
    The shading on the cloth in the third pic is really nice, my favourite pic of the bunch.
    The man with the huge nose has a really nicely furrowed brow, but it looks like his mouth has sealed up. A little more definition inbetween his lips would improve it.
    The final one is really good.
    In closing, good sketching! you have a nice grasp of anatomy from what i can see, can keep cloth looking fluid and you draw pretty doggies. thumbs up.

edit: and if your mediocre at anatomy, i just want to say: the man in the first pic is 6 1/2 heads tall, a fine proportion if i may say, his foot is as long as his forearm, again something a well proportioned person can usuelly claim. If your bad at anatomy then you acidentally drew an extremely well proportioned man.

ButchersBlind on
    mouse3.jpg
  • Options
    VeegeezeeVeegeezee Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The fellow with the nose looks exactly like me. Plus, like, half a century or something.

But it's uncanny.

Veegeezee on
  • Options
    PenguinoPenguino Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Veegeezee wrote:
    The fellow with the nose looks exactly like me. Plus, like, half a century or something.

But it's uncanny.

Man you must have a big nose...and a big chin...and big hair :P

Reminds me of The Joker...

Veegeezee, are you The Joker?

Penguino on
    PenguinoSignaturecopy.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Penguino wrote:
    Veegeezee wrote:

But it's uncanny.

Man you must have a big nose...and a big chin...and big hair :P

Reminds me of The Joker...

Veegeezee, are you The Joker?

No way. No one is Joker but the Joker and he goes by no other name. What I meant by mediocre is the fact that I know the proportions, but it's really the forms that are escaping me.

EDIT: Thanks about the 3rd pic, it's my favorite as well.

Tam on
  • Options
    VeegeezeeVeegeezee Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    That fourth one is somewhat caricature-ized, I suppose. Some features are out of proportion, but only marginally and with a general consistency that makes the whole thing believable.

I'd agree that the third is the overall best of the bunch, at least partly because it isn't as flat as the rest.

Veegeezee on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Veegeezee wrote:
    I'd agree that the third is the overall best of the bunch, at least partly because it isn't as flat as the rest.

It's the first time I looked at a sphere as I drew. They say it helps. Apparently so.

A WIP:

scimitas.jpg

Tam on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Okay, so my school's Mu Alpha Theta (Math Club) fell short of t-shirt design submissions this year, so they wanted me to do one. Only thing is, they gave me a really shitty time frame- so now I have to submit it tomorrow.

I've got to work on a school newspaper comic as well, so I might only be able to do quick fixes, but anything will help. Oh, and please excuse my inability to come up with anything near a decent motto (they can modify that anyway).

EugenePoindexter.jpg

Tam on